General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
this weekend, got another round of short road trip with the kids.

i need to let some of the air out of the RE760's as they are becoming stiff from the air expanding due to warmer temps. shall take care of this on saturday for both fits. i use 36psi on both my GE's. ~1psi change per 10F ambient temp change..and ideally best to do it in the early am or after sundown (needs to cool off about 2hrs probably) if not garaged.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
had to do a lot of back and forth driving yesterday in my '12 and the car handled it like a champ. lots of kids stuff to carry and do. for me, the drive was waaay fun cause it was going through lots of tight spots.

while the car is tiny, in these busy parking lots with little kids walking around, i almost wanted a rear-view camera while backing out.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm... I don't think it should be to wire up a rear view camera to your GE and have the camera itself mounted under your tailgate/hatch garnish for an OEM appearance.

[/just a thought]

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Hmm... I don't think it should be to wire up a rear view camera to your GE and have the camera itself mounted under your tailgate/hatch garnish for an OEM appearance.

[/just a thought]
hey hootie. yah, i think it would be pretty easy to do. if it continues to bother me, i shall install one since my HU has a rearview camera input.

for the most part as long as parents are walking with their toddlers in the parking lot (as they should) i can see them fine. it's more of a parenting issue imo...

Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
so we got some pretty good rain last night and was happy to find that all the pollen that was powdered all over my car had washed off.

my '12 can use some Griot's luv pretty soon.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
got a job for my '12 tomorrow am to get some new tires mounted for my other car.

i usually dont drive my car to tire places and just roll in the wheels and tires loose. im just keeping my fingers crossed they dont scuff the wheels while they mount the tires on their touchless machines. the tech could still oooops...

Old 05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
everything turned out great on my tire mounting last week. no issue with scratches. woot!

got to finish a lot of projects on my other cars over the weekend which was great.
hope you all had a great memorial day weekend.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
im hoping that the weekend brings me better weather so that i can finally wash my Fit's...they have not been washed for 3 wks now due to t-storms. although they are dirty, they still look pretty good. but the polymer spray is wearing off.

so ive been doing some research on how to do alignment by string method. it's commonly done by track folks. i need to buy a few minor items, but as long as i can reach the tie rod on my other car while she's on the garage floor, im thinking about giving this a shot. i only need toe adjustment for now.

ive seen some folks do toe adjustment while on ramps and im not sure how accurate it would be when the weight of the car shifts to the opposite end.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
i did manage to wash my '12 over the weekend. still rained the very afternoon, but better than not having any polymer on the paint. the rain water just sheeted off with the pollen so that was fine.

after the roads dried, went out to run a few errands at the hardware store. after buying a few things, i walk up to my car and see this guy in a new venza (sp?) almost nailing my car while parking. wth... i had to look at my passenger side a few times just to make sure he didn't make any physical contact. looked fine. he backed out, re-parked, back out, a few times to straighten his car. im like wait a sec so that i can get my car the hell out of there!

if my fit was wider probably came out with a pretty big scratch along the entire passenger side. another reason why i like this car. i rarely get any dings or scratches. only one ding over the 5yrs on the 2009 which i already fixed. my 09 goes weekly to valet parking at a garage downtown, supermarket, mall parking, school parking, etc.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
my 09 goes weekly to valet parking at a garage downtown, supermarket, mall parking, school parking, etc.
Sounds like OCD to me..... Have a good one bud!

Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha, yah, my fits are real work horses for sure.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
going to homedepot with the wife probably tomorrow in my '12. she was talking real sexy today... she said casters, circular saw, MDF, drill bits, etc. lol hahahaha.

hope the weather holds up tomorrow morning for some early morning drive.. my fit's arent too dirty and rain expected sunday so no plans for washing this weekend though. maybe a quick vac, clean the glass, and dress the tires a little bit.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
hope you all are having a great week.

wife and i ran quite a bit of errands over the weekend in my '12 and handled everything very smoothly (as expected). didn't get a chance to wash the Fit's... expecting more rain this week and weekend.

looks like it's going to be a wet father's day weekend for me. oh well. guess that means more time ill be tinkering in the garage. hahaha.

i got some tool bits this week (mainly driver bits, tiny right-angle ratchet, drill bits, dremel bits, a wera kompact driver set, small containers and organizer thingies for my garage, etc. ), and have a wiha heavyduty screw driver set coming to me for father's day to add to my collection.

as for car things, nothing for my Fits' but had interior white LED's come in for my other cars along with new tires, etc. will be installing them probably around independence day weekend.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Guys, looks like someone hacked my account last night and changed the subject line and all.

I enjoyed posting here to provide my take on the GD and GE's.

Due to this unfortunate situation, I am closing this account and will no longer be posting here. I wish you all the best of luck.

Hope to see some of you again. GL!!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
That's fuk up bro wtf who would do this shit

Well if ur leaving take care bro ur the best hope all goes well for u with ur fits

Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
later ken. Ken was/is a good dude, this is not cool.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Not cool!!! Change it back. Don't you have admin access Ken?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think they hacked ken's acct... only mods can edit thread titles, no?

I think admin/mods got hacked b/c of this ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...and-prize.html

Not to mention a few threads being locked for no apparent reason (which only a mod can do, right?)

Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FitStir

I think admin/mods got hacked b/c of this ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...and-prize.html

Not to mention a few threads being locked for no apparent reason (which only a mod can do, right?)
that's what i was thinking too

Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir

That's how it "should" work. Hmmmm... Jim Willis, Admin - Officer-In-Training - 1 post... looks like a duck...

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?