General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
hey ken sry i though i just talk to u on ur blog so gosh i need ur help then

basic i got a 08 yukon hybrid ive owned it since brand new i got 36k on it now i basiclly never drive it just here and there maybe 6 times a year i drive it and thats maybe at 24k my hybrid battery failed lol ahah was funny what steps should i take to keep her great..... should i also bump the psi up on the tires since it just sits and not moves i would love ur opinion on this plz thanks bro
Hey np. if you arent driving your car, its best to keep a battery tender on it and keep the tires over inflated until you do. Get flatstoppers or roll it forward/aft a foot every 3wks so that the tires don't go flat on that spot. Check to see if hybrids use special battery tenders (battery manager) or not. I use one I bought from amazon for like $25. I'm still on original battery on my G. Its 8yrs old +. I only added water once.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
motored my GE home. Was a great drive.

also torqued up my GE's lugs. 3 of the wheels were still loosening up so I will retorque again tomorrow. I might go up to 87ft/lbs instead of 85.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
drove my '12 GE to work this am. nice relaxing drive. other than this
one dumbarse saturn driver that did not now how to drive with traffic,
everything was smooth.

saturn drivers are off with timing... like they dont know when to
accelerate, when to brake smoothly and evenly.... they appear as if they
completely missed out on opportunities in life. and now slowly migrating to kia's...

Old 11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
rain rain and more rain today. at least it's not snow.

looking forward to my drive home.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
was getting a tad worried that my wife wouldn't make it back in time for my kids to come home, but i just saw her pull up in my 09 GE. wheew... she said her normal 35min trip took 1.5hrs due to traffic.

anyway.... plan of action for tonight...

need to check the torque on the 09 GE's snows once again since 3 of the 4 wheels' lugs backed out a little bit. hope it's not raining when i get home...

other then that, no car action. been researching if i can get a small camcorder to use in my Z for making clips as my gopro hero2's audio is just not great even with external mic.

im looking at a panasonic camcorder + a wide angle lens. i want to get the same 170degree fov like the hero2 if possible and i really dont need the tiny helmet cam portability. my hero2 is currently mounted on a bracket attached to the passenger headrest posts.

then i would use the gopro like it was meant to be used mounted outside the car (or at the cluster or something) and just use the audio from the camcorder + backing tracks or something. that would be the next video setup for next season.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
boo... i just remembered i need to move my 09 GE's sport wheels into the basement from the garage so that i can pull out the midwest fatwoman trashbin the village started to use this year.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
finished everything i mentioned above.

going to watch the polls and relax the rest of the evening.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey get your as$ back to the Z forum!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pintsize725
Hey get your as$ back to the Z forum!

hey there, ms.pint!

Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
motored my '12 GE to work today in the rain again. not a bad drive mostly thanks to minimum idiots on the road today. the car itself was enjoyable to drive. the variable wiper i installed is awesome and very well worth the hassle of getting that Q-connector wire in place. hahaha. my arm was sore for a few days after that install.

had a quick scare of snow forecasted early part of next week, but it turned to a 'rain' forecast. i filled up my Z last weekend so no issue hibernating if i had to, but was hoping to get at least a couple more runs before season end when i fill her up again and place her on flatstoppers.

since my Z's suspension bits and the nismo wheels are all factory parts, im not really worried about corrosion from dry salt, but i do like to keep my Z clean.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
this entire forum is frikken dead the last couple of days... starting to get bored.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member

Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey there, ms.pint!
this entire forum is frikken dead the last couple of days... starting to get bored.
Don't make me beg you.

We all miss you still.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Mr. Kenchan -- thanks for the rep over on the other place.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pintsize725
Don't make me beg you.

We all miss you still.
thanks, ms. pint. perhaps Triples can go take a hike along with the others in my iggy list. hahahaha.

Originally Posted by onzedge
Mr. Kenchan -- thanks for the rep over on the other place.

np, mr.onzedge! beautiful picts of your granddaughter there. oh and your Z.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM
thanks, ms. pint. perhaps Triples can go take a hike along with the others in my iggy list. hahahaha.

np, mr.onzedge! beautiful picts of your granddaughter there. oh and your Z.

Thank you, Mr. Kenchan!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onzedge
Thank you, Mr. Kenchan!!!
mr.onzedge- any new projects for your Z in the pipeline?

for me... hummm... not too much going on. the nismo wheelset and biggie TWM Type-R knob were one of the last bits i got for my car and it's been fantastic. something about the z34, i prefer keeping it stock-ish, but with the kenchan twist.

i think i will swap out the 5.8" LCD pioneer head unit to a nice 7" pioneer next year though. not that i really need it, just a good way to update the technology aspecs of the car.

wish supersports came in 285/35/19 for the rear's... for 10.5" width there's too much stretch for my taste. im thinking about doing the RE11's next but they weigh a ton vs the AdvanSports. so been thinking about what to do about that as well.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
TGIF!

going to work on the floormat reinforcement over the weekend for the '12 GE and do a last round check on the 09's snow set lug torque as well. perfect timing since we're expecting first snow of year next week. i also need to measure the max cargo length i can fit in my '12. i need to see if i can fit 2.1meters in the car.... the height of this book case my wife wants to get.

im still planning to motor my Z tomorrow and perhaps Sunday weather permitting. looking at the projected temperature path for next week, i think i can still wing a few more drives on the Z so will see how things go before full hibernation.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
motored my Z about an hr this am as rain was coming in.... i wanted to get the floormat reinforcement finished today on my '12 GE so cut the Z's drive short. anyway, was a fun drive.

here are the 3 pieces i made out of the stiffened felt. i used duct tape to mount to floor as i found the adhesive residue did not pull off from the template one i made 2-3wks ago. one 12x18" sheet will make all 3 pieces.

You can source them at joann fabrics or below online: product name is "EZ felt" and i use this stuff in my garage all the time.

CPE EZ Felt 12"x 18" Black Product Detail -- CreateForLess

this is with the factory a/s floor mat. while the pict makes the felt appear darker than
the carpeting, it doesnt look weird or anything in person. and none of the duct tape is
visible when the mat is on the floor, obviously.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
btw, that thin strip left of the dead pedal goes all the way up to the top of the pedal and is tucked under the kickplate.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?