General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hahaha, yah, ive had this unit for sometime. it's very reliable but for me, it's more just a conversation piece.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah they're nice. I've got an old Passport 9800 or 9500 can't remember... on suction cups. Works for me...

Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Shhhhhhh..... not supposed to have anything on your glass... other than your rv mirror... like you're not supposed to go over the speed limit either...

Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
woot motored my Z this am and tried out the new v1 mirror mount. very nice. i was worried it could block my view, but it doesnt at all. i put a piece of hard felt between the V1 bracket and the V1 last night so no rattling/vibration either.

spot QD'ed my Z and both GE's when i got home, swapped the 09 to snows. washed the sport wheels and they are drying now in the garage. will take it down into my basement in a couple of days when completely dry.

pressured up the 09's snows and the car is ready to go.

i need to check how to fix the clock on the GE... will find out later today when i take the
12 out for quick errand. already fixed the clock on my Z this am in prep for tomorrow.

dont forget, set clock back 1 hr when you go to bed tonight.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
went motoring in my '12 GE with my kids to run a quick errand. had a great time.

my younger kid said my GE sounds like a race car. lol (tanabe muffler) he asked if there was such thing as a Fit race car.

so i said yah, only in the forums.

he was like

Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight...

as soon as my wife's home from shopping, going to re-torque the lugs.

then im going to put a secondary nut on my Z's aftermarket post MAF tube clamps. im using high quality t-bolt type clamps but the nut keeps loosening after a few runs especially on the plastic intake box side which uses lower torque... so going to add a 2nd nut to lock them together and be over with. the throttle body side is fine.

other then that, going to work on adding more shelves in my garage.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
re-torqued the 09 GE's snow set and added the second lock nut on my Z's intake clamps.

i used 2 wrenches and basically forced the thinner nut to thread into the primary nut to lock themselves. i dont expect these nuts to loosen anytime soon. one less thing to think about.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
woot, motored my Z this am and had a great time. im happy i dont have to use my headlights now that DLS ended. while checking out my footage, i found that my digital audio recorder for my gopro was vibrating on certain engine rpm due to the cold, so im going to wire up my olympus mic during the colder months and just clip it to center the console. the audio is about 6dB lower so i'd need to boost it later if i decide to make a clip.

fueled up my Z on the way home and QD'ed, cleaned the wheels and engine bay. looks great.

also popped my '12 GE's hood and cleaned the engine bay. going to go motor the '12 GE later today to run a few errands. at least the motoring part is fun.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
fixed the clock on my GE's this late pm. was motoring around during my errand, completely forgot i hadnt fixed the clock yet, and thought wow, i spent too much time at one of the stores, need to go make my final round real quick! came home right on-time.

i get home wife says i had forgotten to set my clock in the car... lol
so now i have an hr of free time. woot.

had a good time driving the '12 GE.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
went out to pickup some chinese tonight in my '12 GE. since mpg was showing 34.4 on the obc, looked waaay too conservative for me, so drove it like i meant it especially on the way back from the chinese place. everything was still nice and hot when i got home.

fun little car this is. the more i drive it, the more i like it. forgot it didn't have 6th gear, but that's ok. the gearbox let me know by not shifting into reverse. LOL

Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
hahahaha.

yah, especially 4-5yr olds ask why why why why why? so i ask back, 'why why?' and they pause for a moment and say, 'i donno...'

i hand my kid my Flip camera while im working on my cars and they take footage of their world. i edit it later and send to their grandparents. it's funny listening to their voiceovers and interpretations. lots of imagination.
Kenchan!! Long time no talk! just checking in to see what's up and I see you guys are scaring little kids! LOL! thanks for the reps in teh Z forum...Me and Pint and Zman8 still awaiting your return...even shado mentions you occasionally, his shenanigans never stop....
BTW-my mini has a chaep video camera too, her videos are very amusing too! have a good week dood!!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
went out to pickup some chinese tonight in my '12 GE. since mpg was showing 34.4 on the obc, looked waaay too conservative for me, so drove it like i meant it especially on the way back from the chinese place. everything was still nice and hot when i got home.

fun little car this is. the more i drive it, the more i like it. forgot it didn't have 6th gear, but that's ok. the gearbox let me know by not shifting into reverse. LOL
^^^^^^LOL! driving it like you mean it! LOL on 6th gear too, good thing the car is smart huh?! LOL ^^^^^

Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
Kenchan!! Long time no talk! just checking in to see what's up and I see you guys are scaring little kids! LOL! thanks for the reps in teh Z forum...Me and Pint and Zman8 still awaiting your return...even shado mentions you occasionally, his shenanigans never stop....
BTW-my mini has a chaep video camera too, her videos are very amusing too! have a good week dood!!
hey there, ms.blackcherry! hey thanks.. but i probably wont be returning to that site. i suppose if Triples send me an apology for his disrespectful 'meaningless post' comment about me posting about my Fit i might reconsider.

yah, as you already know, kids have a very different way of seeing things.... and it's like a huge reminder of what we use to see when we were kids. it's kind of refreshing to reset my head to look at the small things i missed lately instead of just looking at the big picture all the time.

Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
^^^^^^LOL! driving it like you mean it! LOL on 6th gear too, good thing the car is smart huh?! LOL ^^^^^
hahaha, yah, im not shy to hit redline often, but i was like when i could not get the Fit into 6th gear. oh yah, i am not in my Z right now...

Old 11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
woot, my stiffened felt arrived, so i guess i will be working on the GE's a/s floor mat reinforemence this weekend.

unfortunate for usps, the substitute mailman is on my survelance video throwing the box onto my porch. this is the 2nd time this f-king idiot threw my packages. it's not something that would break, but come on now... i guess i will just youtube it later.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
DAmm you ken with yourc cams lol you should leave a pic of them in front showing them throw it lol ahhaa

Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
DAmm you ken with yourc cams lol you should leave a pic of them in front showing them throw it lol ahhaa
hahaha yah, i should give my regular mailman a print out for kicks.

cameras are fun.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Ken, which camera system you got? It sends a photo to your smartphone?

Looking to get a setup.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
im using a combination of cameras from panasonic and foscam. and yah, i use an app called ip cam viewer pro on my droid. the firewall and dvr side im not sure as my wife (she's a network consultant and programmer) did that part as most of these cameras are windows based and im a mac user. i forget which software she used but it has motion detection field programming and record settings, etc.

it does send me emails when motion is triggered and dvr records 24/7. i have several angles i programmed on the cameras which i can control from my smartphone. i also have ability to listen in and talk. but the talk feature isn't that great.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight...

recheck torque on the lugs on my 09 GE again to 85ft/lbs. i guess i will check torque on my '12 GE's lugs as well since i will have my torque wrench out.

it's too dark to do anything else outside, so that will be all for today. will check the stiffened felt quality as well when i get home. i hope it's the same stuff that ive been using the last 10yrs or so. i bought so much stock last time, i hadn't had to make another purchase until recently. LOL

i guess if i have time i will start looking around edmunds for a potential next car to replace my 09 GE in 17-18months. nothing fancy, probably something like a crv or something with AWD and lot of cargo space. i want to keep it for 7-8yrs and let my kids use it after that for lugging stuff to college, etc.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
hey ken sry i though i just talk to u on ur blog so gosh i need ur help then

basic i got a 08 yukon hybrid ive owned it since brand new i got 36k on it now i basiclly never drive it just here and there maybe 6 times a year i drive it and thats maybe at 24k my hybrid battery failed lol ahah was funny what steps should i take to keep her great..... should i also bump the psi up on the tires since it just sits and not moves i would love ur opinion on this plz thanks bro

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?