General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
after motoring my G this am, filled up with fuel stabilizer, QD'ed the exterior, cleaned the interior including glass, filled tires to 44psi at 50F, placed on flatstoppers, and placed my griot's dust cover on her for the 5months sleep.

should be able to pull her out again around March next year.

will be pulling out my Z tomorrow for a nice drive. will motor her until first signs of snow and salt on the ground.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
woot, motored my Z this am. was a great drive.

when i got back, did a quick duster and QD, then washed both my GE's.

my 09's door hinge, especially the rears, were getting pretty rusted and tight, so applied some oil. car's coming up 5th year with barely any washing in the winter, so kinda expected i guess. the car has a lot of visible rust in the engine bay, undercarriage, etc.

will start looking for a new car in 2013 and replace my '09 in 2014.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
motored my GE this am. today starts my official GE winter dd commuting till Spring as my G is in hibernation.

ofcourse being a versatile car, stopped by the ups store to drop-off a big box before getting to work. the car is awesome. i dont care how cheap the Fit is, the car is great.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm....went to my local crafts store in search for more of that stiffened felt, but could not find any in black.

so placed order online. should have them in my hands by next week.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for car related tonight...

i need to spot clean the roof of my GE as it appears it got hit by bird pee again... and just check psi on my Z. that's about it for today.

im looking forward to getting my light windbreaker & service jackets tomorrow. both jackets i will be using for motoring and working on my cars in my garage.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
took care of everything noted above...also polished up my tanabe's exhaust tip using griot's metal polish.

i just use a paper towel for this and disposable glove.

WENOL is also a nice polish to use. it's for pot and pans.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
have u tried using mothers for ur muffler it works great but the price : / i use for my greddy but hows that product u use works well when its dirty?

Last edited by Wafulz; 10-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
im sure the mother's will work just as well. after it's cooled down, spray some QD or water to remove dust, and polish away.

the griot's works well for dirty muffler cans too. my tanabe's can is tucked under the rear valance so you cant really see it. i didnt want the low hanging can on my Fit as it will attract too much attention.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
so another morning of finding birdshit on my GE. and since i dont use the garage door on days i dont need to, had to walk inside the house to grab my QD, disposable glove, and paper towel. all went well to remove as usual....well, i thought.

i walk back out to my car to go to work and find a spot i missed. wtf. so i had to go back inside and grab the QD again, disposable glove, and towel.

i just f-king hate non-edible birds. whenever i see someone with a bird as a pet, im like you can't eat that. lol

Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
the drive to work was great. watched an ugly maz3 and prius race each other hoping for them to crash , but they did not deliver in their entertainment. otherwise was a nice commute, actually. windy as hell today though and near freezing temps. i have to say, im REAL GLAD i took care of hibernating my G over the past weekend...one less thing to worry about before winter.

looking forward to getting my jackets today. im also expecting a short handle broom for the garage. this is mainly to get dead leaves out of the garage. i use to just use my shopvac, but now days, it's very tight in there so i dont want to risk bumping my cars. im still going to need to vac UNDER the car though..

Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
speaking of vacs, i think im going to get me a milwaukee 18v portable vac. i can use my 18v battery packs i already have for my drivers in this vac.

i have a shopvac for big cleanups but i dont have one for small. each time i make a small mess (like after i dremel something for an install) im like i dont feel like pulling out my shopvac just for that. hahahaha. sure, a broom would work, but vacs are better at picking up dust.

so, this will be handy. not sure how well the suction is, but i could potentially use it to clean my cars' too. i'll probably buy this for myself for xmas.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight...

im going to first try out my new jackets i will be using for motoring and for working on my cars.

also need to make a little hanger for the short handle broom in the storage area of my garage. going to re-organize. need to take out the trash tonight so im sure with the wind today, i will have more dead leaves inside the garage. will see how effective the new mini broom is. i have a metal standing dust pan that closes automatically when you lift it off the floor. looks like this, but in red. Griot's use to carry this....

also ordered up a strip of cord organizer cover thingie for the garage floor as the battery manager cord from my G kinda gets in the way sometimes. shall have that taken care later in the week.

also ordered up a valentine1 mirror bracket for my Z. been using suction cup bracket that was included with my V1, but honestly it's a pita when i clean the inside of the glass. i need to remount it each time and positioning is a pita. i hate suction cup marks if i miss the spot. also have the short invisicord coming as i have a self-dimming mirror i can use to tap power from. should have that installed before the weekend.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
woot, the jackets, broom, everything turned out great.

also gotz my tracking number for the V1 mirror mount for my Z. will decide later if i want to leave the V1 power module where it's at (currently under steering column) or remove it completely.

i think down the road i may want to get a send camera mounted in which i can modify the power module from 12v direct to 5v usb...

Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
the commute home was great. not too busy traffic wise and really enjoyed driving the GE.

i might be fine with the current swifts setup afterall. i though about stiffening up the dampers because it is quite soft vs my Z and G (contrast is huge), but i suppose it's nice to have one softer riding car.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
goodam everyone. morning commute was smooth. when i woke up this am, i was looking forward to driving my GE. hahaha. that's a great sign.

the new leather slippers i started wearing is now broken in nicely, so its easy to drive smoothly too.

gotz tracking number for the stiffened felt. i should have them in my hands by mid-next week. will post up picts on how i am currently covering the carpet using the stiffened felt and the factory a/s floor mats. im going to make a better version as soon as my new stock comes in.

i shouldve known about the aries (?) floor mats before pulling the trigger on the factory a/s mats earlier this summer. those appear to have great coverage. but since i already have my factory mats, im just going to use these for now.
here's info on the aries mat by another member:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ners-mats.html

Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight... first need to take the kids out for tot , then do some house chores.

after that, i will verify the sw12v and ground wires on my gentex mirror harness on my Z so that i know which wires to tap into when i get the invisicord later this week along with the mirror mount.

it looks like my cord cover thingie for the floor came in already, so i will first need to boil it to straighten in my wash basin, then mount it to the garage floor using a few layers of masking tape. i dont want it to be a permanent thing. this is to cover my battery manager cord for my G while in hibernation so i dont trip over the cord.

other then that, not much car action for tonight. going to relax in my music room.

looking forward to my commute home in my GE.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
what a busy evening for parents. wheew... wife coming home late from work and f-king bird shit on my GE again didnt help either.

anyway, got everything i noted above done.

now time to relax...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
How many kids u have ken dam.those bird I hate that too gott carry a bee bee guns lol hell ya gotta relax for another wonderful day bro. Night bro gotta catxh them zzzzzzz

Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
hey wafulz- i have 2 little boys.

and yah, i got home, was cleaning the birdshit off my car and i had like 50kids behind me waiting to give them treats or else... hahaha

Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
goodam everyone! been a busy morning.

anyway, had a nice commute to work this am in my GE. for those older folks from the analog era, 'i sound like a broken record' but man, i really like how the GE MT drives.

luckily this am, no birdcrap on my '12. there was one on my 09, but it was on the headlamp so i just left it. will clean it when i get home. hahaha.

im going to be bringing up the 09's snow set tonight while i do more house chores... the weekend is suppose to be decent so i can wash the 09's sport wheels real well before placing them into storage. i always wash the inside of the wheels off the car and the tires before placing them into storage.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?