General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
did piloti go out of business? that sucks if they did. i really like their shoes. i have 3 pairs and they are very comfy and durable. the oldest one i have is from like 2005. i only wear them once or twice a week though at most. i should buy another pair before they are all gone!
E90post and several other forums seem to agree they went bankrupt
What's going on with Piloti Shoes? - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

There's a closeout sales all over the web but I hope you have either really small feet or really big feet, because that seems to be all that's left. You should stock up! haha

My shoes were "vintage" 2005 as well, had an off on track a year or so ago that filled the car with dust and got all over the shoes, tried to wash them (no dry) and they shrunk . Still look good, just can't wear them anymore haha

Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow, that's crazy. hahaha. yah, i suppose i will need to look at other brands then in the future. i searched a shoe i want and the size they had were like 4 and 5's. LOL

sorry to hear about your shrunk pair! (but kinda funny )

hummmm... this is going to suck.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
wanderer- hey, thanks again for the heads-up on the piloti's. i found 3 new pairs going at $25 each and one at $50 in my size and placed orders just in time. hahaha.

wheew. this should last me a good 10-15yrs. will put them in my plastic shoe totes to preserve. glad im not growing taller any more cause i wont have to worry about out sizing it. well, i suppose i can give it to my kids if they are too small.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 PM
No problem, i'm glad you found some that fit you in time, that's a hell of a deal for $25 a piece!

I guess I should sell my pair on Ebay and label it "vintage" or "discontinued" now, I don't think my daughters will ever fit size 11 haha

Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
woot, motored my GE home. had a good time.

brought up my new factory a/s floor mats from the basement to be swapped out with the carpet tomorrow night after work. we're expecting lower temps starting this weekend, near snow territory temps, so just getting prepared for november.

tomorrow looks like a sunny day so going to pull out my G. i think this weekend im going to motor my G, inject stabil, and put her up on flatstoppers for the season.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
holycrap it's warm and humid tonight. inside my garage it's at least 7-8F cooler and 20% drier per my hygrometer, so i had to close the garage door within a few min to prevent condensation from forming on my Z&G's rotors and lower panels (tool cases too for that matter). the hell's going on here? indian summer?

Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
yah, bummer (not really) the roads were still too wet so decided to take my GE to work, not that im complaining. i can tell how dry the roads are in the wooded area i need to drive through to get to work by gauging how dry the street infront of my house is via my cameras.

it's like a mile of wooded area just enough to dirty the car to a point she will need to be washed. temps are falling to freezing this weekend so dont feel like washing my G if i dont have to.

next opportunity is Friday so hope things are drier then. i think im going to motor my G on Saturday though. i miss driving that car.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
woot, gotz my gallon of WindowCleaner from Griot's.

what i like about this glass cleaner is it's simplicity. it's just rubbing alcohol diluted in distilled water. one can probably make the solution at home if they want to. i just dont bother with it.

the good about this cleaner is it really cleans well, does not leave any film behind...and leaves behind a smooth non-tacky surface. ive tried a lot of different window cleaners and some of them make my wipers hop. i hate that.

ive also used this glass cleaner to install clear bra. yep, you can do a wet install using this for small pieces. you can't move the flim around like soapy solution, but you can make the adhesive not stick permanently while you position the film. wet your hands with the window cleaner and you wont leave behind finger prints on the adhesive backing either. recommended for small pieces like fog lamp covers, headlight & tail light covers, bits i made for the fender arches, etc, this works very well.

since the product contains rubbing alcohol, it also accelerates drying which is a plus.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Oh Ken! You'd be miserable if lived out in the sticks at the end of a dirt road where pollen, tree sap, sand and dust cover everything... I didn't even have a dirt road to drive on for 15 years and had to park outside for 10 years... I had to buy a 4wd tractor just to maintain the 250 uphill driveway that washes out every time there is a hard rain... I turned a smaller 2WD tractor over on it's side looking much like the old man on "Laugh In" falling over on his tricycle one morning when my wife sunk the truck into a large ravine when leaving for work and needed to be pulled out .. I think even a guy like you would give up on driving a clean car under these conditions... I have been impressed by how the Forester my wife now drives never seems to get dirty.. When she was taking it in to the dealer to be serviced they always told her that the car looked brand new and it still does after 3 1/2 years and it has never been waxed or polished...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
hey texas- i came from a farm so i know dirt, gravel roads, mud, swamps, etc.

but that just isn't for me. i like to keep my onroad cars on the road and ideally clean at all times.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for my GE tonight... vac the car (mainly the driver floor mat) and place all season floor mats.

will also see where i would need to add some reinforement to protect the carpet from salt by adding some extra felt around the primeter of the a/s mats (base of dead pedal, base of kick plate, next to gas pedal on the right side as i tend to rest my foot there on the center hump).

Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, im happy to report that the continental DWS are still black from driving through 2 days of commute in the rain. that GoofOff really cleaned up the sidewall well.

i dress the tires with a light coat of meguiar's hotshine tire dressing. i only use a small mount as i dont like shiny tires. it lasts through rain quite well. unlike their endurace product, it's easy to apply and doesnt fling off the sidewall while driving.

get these applicators... they are the best. target sells the same ones under Vroom brand.

Amazon Amazon

Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
so what is the concensus for adding a progress rear swaybar to a '12 GE Sport with swift springs?

ive read a few posters raving about the swifts+ progress sway setup, but they are on base Fits without the reinforced torsion beam like on the sport trim.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
so what is the concensus for adding a progress rear swaybar to a '12 GE Sport with swift springs?

ive read a few posters raving about the swifts+ progress sway setup, but they are on base Fits without the reinforced torsion beam like on the sport trim.

Well Triskelion on here (who according to Macbuddy had a hand in the Progress design) stated that the Progress bar completely negates the stock sway bar because the Progress bar is much more rigid.

In other words the stock bar doesn't have a chance to flex at all. I asked if you could remove the stock bar in that case but I guess it's welded to the beam.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
so i swapped out the floor mats to all seasons. looks great. i also put
some hard felt in the perimeter where my foot would touch the carpet.
should be good to go.

while i was working on this on my driveway, i noticed my ceiling bulb in the
garage burnt out. was a 33watt twisty bulb. with 2 cars in the garage i can't
get my extending folding ladder in there, and i couldn't find my bulb
replacement tool.

so made a ghetto one out of a clothing pin.

this is to remove the twisty bulb. lol had to catch the bulb on it's way down as the
mounting tape gave away.

and here's the regular bulb adapter made out of a water bottle for my
temporary incandescent bulb 75W until my 42watt twisty gets here. lol
i used mounting tape on this too, but made sure the bulb side was not as
strong on the adhesive so that the tape doesn't stick to the bulb.

obviously ordered another bulb changer tool.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Well Triskelion on here (who according to Macbuddy had a hand in the Progress design) stated that the Progress bar completely negates the stock sway bar because the Progress bar is much more rigid.

In other words the stock bar doesn't have a chance to flex at all. I asked if you could remove the stock bar in that case but I guess it's welded to the beam.

thanks, yah, that's the worry i had. thanks for confirming. i will pass on the progress bar for now and see if i can stiffen up the dampers somehow just a hair.

im happy with the swifts for what they are, but no where near the firmness of my G or Z so wanted to firm it up more for that sporty feel. sway was the other thing i wanted to lessen..but will control via dampers.

i might do coilovers next season. not to lower the car more, but just to have damper adjustability.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
woot, gotz tracking number for my piloti's.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
so last night i used this product called EZ felt in the areas that my a/s floor mats did not cover the carpet.

one can source this at most art/fabric stores like Michael's and Joanne. yah, those are girly stores but just man up, walk in with your head held up high, and buy a few black sheets. actually the middle-aged women there will treat you well.

mainly needed to cover the base and left side of the dead pedal, and the ride side (center hump on floor) on the gas pedal. just cut it to shape, tuck it under the a/s mat. it wont slip around much, if at all. if you want to go the extra mile, just hot glue a few small velcro straps (hook side) on the back, and you're all set.

i only needed one sheet to do the driver side.

also want to note that this EZ felt product is a must-have for your parts bin. i use it to eliminate gaps, rattles, etc in my car. unlike foam, it retains its thickness quiet well, so once you fix a rattle, it's usually permanent. they sell in several sizes and thickness so get thin and thick. you can use hot glue, adhesive tape, to mount.

when i tilted back my driver seat on the GE (black3sr trick), i noticed there was a gap between the floor and the front finisher. i just folded some EZ felt and stuffed it between the floor and finisher to eliminate the looseness. no issue for months, and do not expect any problems. been using this stuff since i found it in the artsy stores over a decade ago.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
drove my GE to work this am. expecting rain in the afternoon...and i need to run a quick errand on the way home.

tomorrow and weekend looks sunny so i will motor my G to work and maybe do a nice weekend run on saturday. i need to use up the old gas as much as possible before i put StaBil in there, and store the car for winter.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?