General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Now I see where your comment came from Ken. Good luck!
thanks, subie. btw, please post away. i like visitors.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks mike for keeping things with reality. most mods for this car is cheap compared to other enthusiast cars. honestly though, considering the purpose of my GE, i would not spend $660 each on a set of wheels for my Fit. i dont mean any disrespect as you know...

at least to me, expensive wheels will not net a whole lot of difference for my Fit's application because my Fit is a work horse "all weather daily driver.' i dont need 12lbs wheels, i dont need even 14lbs wheels to go to work or kids school or homedepot. i dont really need much wow-factor either because (while i do get a lot of compliments ) i didnt get the car to baby it, show it off or attend shows or any track events. i just want the car to feel right, maintain full functionality and reliability, and look good just enough to make it mine.

i bought it as part of my car hobby tool. it's really an extension of my G and Z and future hobby car i buy next.
I'm not paying $660 each either haha, just saying that price relative to what it would cost to buy the same wheels in proper sizing for your Z would be thousands more. And I'm just buying them because they're cool, they're probably heavier than OEM.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks, subie. btw, please post away. i like visitors.
Just didn't look right stand-alone. Enzo.... so true!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm not paying $660 each either haha, just saying that price relative to what it would cost to buy the same wheels in proper sizing for your Z would be thousands more. And I'm just buying them because they're cool, they're probably heavier than OEM.
hahaha, i see. yah, cool factor is important if that's what you're going for. i mean, the 3pcs SSR's i run on my G are considerably heavier than stock. the car can handle it for the touring type driving i do, but it's not a wheel set i would use if i was going for canyon carving or any track events. it's all in the application.

Originally Posted by Subie
Just didn't look right stand-alone. Enzo.... so true!
yah, im just posting away as a journal. hope some of the info is both entertaining and informative.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
hey motored my GE this early am in semi-wet condition to run an errand. was a fun drive to and back. i pushed the DWS a little more on the turns and no issue. thing gripped very well. temp was about 55F so not too cold for all season tires.

going to be running more errands for my kids today... expecting t-storms.... crap. not worried about the car in rain, just a hassle bringing an umbrella + kids cause i know the parking lot is going to be packed. i hope no one accidentally pokes or scuffs my car with their umbrella's. hahaha.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
looks like the new wiper stalk should be here by mid-next week. going to be taking a day off next week to get the '12 tires wrapped onto my '09's sport wheels so i shall install the stalk then... given that the weather works with me. this time or year it is difficult to forecast.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
filled up the GE on the way home. car did very well tackling many tasks today. real happy with the functionality.

driving through rain the tires kinda turned brown as expected. will wash the car hopefully late tomorrow in prep for next week. considering i drove through 100miles + in the rain not bad at all. will clean it off again real good and dress it up.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Did one last drive today to pickup Chinese for dinner in the GE.

Traffic wasn't too bad and was able to drive spiritedly. Was fun.
Dws did very well in heavy rain.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
no car action so far today. since i drove a lot yesterday in my GE, i decided i was pretty much fulfilled for GE driving for the weekend.

want to wash my '12, but too windy and still more rain expected today. oh well. if it doesn't calm down by 4pm i guess i will wash it later in the week.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
yah, stopped raining and all, but now it's too dark to wash the GE. oh well.

looks like a nice couple of days, so i will take the G to work and hope that i can get home early enough to wash my GE. the life of a work horse dd, huh? hahaha.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
watched my security camera footage from the week from 3 different views. fun watching my cars back out and come back. hahaha.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
LOL thats whats up gotta make sure no weirdos go by ur home shittt.... well me today uhh so my wifey might be pregnet lol were going to doctor Wednesday to confirm she took 12 test they all came up 2 lines lol ahahah i guess something new in my life now im happy SHES SUPER happy lol

Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
LOL thats whats up gotta make sure no weirdos go by ur home shittt.... well me today uhh so my wifey might be pregnet lol were going to doctor Wednesday to confirm she took 12 test they all came up 2 lines lol ahahah i guess something new in my life now im happy SHES SUPER happy lol
wow! that's awesome. congrats to you and your wifey. hope all turns out well on Wed. take it from me, kids are awesome!

we live in a safe community so im not too worried about weirdo's, but since technology's out there and wife's into networks and stuff (she's a certified geek) we setup this system. it's very convenient to have.

like say you are waiting for a UPS shipment that requires signature. the camera will let me know as soon as a truck pulls up infront of the house so i dont miss it. or solicitors... dont even need to get up to see who's at the door.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
hummm.... looks like a rainy wednesday coming up. my variable wiper stalk install will need to wait till the weekend.

leaf blower mania today at the office. landscapers were out collecting leaves before mowing. oh well. will check damage later on my G. im just happy i got a couple of days left still to drive my car before winter.

which reminds me. i need to check to make sure my funnel can fit in the gas filler for the StaBil pour. so far no snow in the forecast but as soon as i see it i will put the car into hibernation for the season.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight... dust the G and any spot QD for the dirt the leafblower guy may have kicked up. i just hope they didn't hit the paint with flying rocks.

want to wash the GE but considering its going to rain from mid-week i will spend the time and energy on family things tonight. mainly looking over my kids' homework and such. i will just clean the GE's tires..just a quick wipe down with GoofOff again to rid the blooming and dress it. that alone will make the car look kinda nice.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yah, got home did a quick inspection on my G and as expected, the whole side of the car had tiny dirt kick up from the leaf blower. Too bad I work at a place where noone else has nice cars. Its a bummer they don't completely understand when I file a complaint not that I did.

Anyway cleaned it all up and found no chips so I am glad. hope to motor her again to work tomorrow. Also cleaned up the GE's tires. Weird how the rear passenger tire showed the most blooming. The front two were almost black.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
GoodAM everyone, been a busy morning... nice and very calm autumn day today so took the G to work. storms expected tomorrow and rain Thurs & Friday. no time to wash the G so will take the GE rest of week. i rather wash 2 cars (two GE's) than 3 cars (two GE's and a G).

commute this morning was okay other than this one daewoo or some junk sedan cutting people off including me to make a turn. rather than intentionally disrespecting people, i think the loser was just innocently bad at driving and no sense of planning ahead. hope he got to work on-time to make his irratic driving worthwhile...

the tolerance we have to have to share space.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
gotz tracking number for 5mm spacers. this is for my GE's cosmetics. the front is flush so i want to even the rears out as well.

im hoping i can get 5-6 full revolutions on the lug. otherwise i will need to use 3mm's or get longer studs. should have them in my hands by the weekend.

so this and the variable wiper stalk i will be installing this weekend on my '12 GE.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for tonight... calduster and spot QD my G.

then bring up my new-ish SP7000's from the basement to the garage. going to have them wrapped onto my 09's sport wheels tomorrow.

as posted earlier, im finding dry rotting on the turaza's (sp?) on the original bridgestone tires the car came with.

here's what dry rotting looks like. it's cracks from UV and over exposure to the elements. the tire still has about 40% tread left. anyway my wife drives the car mostly and my kids ride along so not taking any chances.

pict borrowed from this site:AGCO Automotive Repair Service - Baton Rouge, LA - Detailed Auto Topics - Old Tires With Good Tread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
cleaned up my G and put her on battery manager until next week. oh well. hope i get a few more weeks of G commute. rain rest of the week, but looks like got a sunny weekend coming up.

then stared at my '12 GE. yah, can't wait to drive it around tomorrow after i get the tires swapped on my '09 early am. im planning to head out for a lunch date with my wife.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?