General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
well it didn't have clumps so im thinking bird pee. hahaha. anyway it's all cleaned off so no issue.

motored my G to work again today. was a great drive. Hope i can do one more round tomorrow. then i will do a full QD wipe down over the weekend i guess. will also pickup a bottle of sta-bil in prep for hibernation.

this weekend got a lot of plans to drive around my GE so im looking forward to that as well.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
i f-king hate the backpage button on these pc thinkpads. i was about to post, hit the backpage button by accident since it's ergonomically placed wrong next to the up and left arrow keys. they should put a little finger tip indicator like on the F and J keys to let me know without looking which key my fingers are on.

i suppose for those that only have one or two computers this is a non issue, but i deal with several computers including pc's and macs. ive never had this problem on my macbook pro btw.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
so here is what i was typing away a few seconds ago for this blog of mine...

next week, im going to be heading over to the tireshop in my 09 GE to swap the tires with my newish SP7000's off my '12. the turaza (sp?) stock tires have developed dry rot, which is a condition where the tire surface cracks due to uv exposure and weather.

cheap bridgestone tires are notorious for this problem. this is not the first time ive encountered dry rotting on low-end a/s potenza's.

anyway, will get this taken care first followed by wheel swap to snows by mid-november timing.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
woot, gotz tracking number for the wiper stalk with variable intermittent wiper.

im looking forward to that delay'ed wiping under 10mph thing. hope i have a nice day where i can work on this outside without freezing my arseoff... for stuff that require odd positions under the steering column/fuse box area, i like to have ample lighting from the sun to help me see better. not just having a flash light in my teeth. i have other lighting for tight space.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Ken, we were just talking about this yesterday or the other day: 2013 Ford Explorer Sport: Motoramic Drives | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

One Explorer = 2 Fits

Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Hey Ken, we were just talking about this yesterday or the other day: 2013 Ford Explorer Sport: Motoramic Drives | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

One Explorer = 2 Fits
yah, but my wife works and my GE sits at home while im at work in another car, so i definitely needs 2 Fits.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
so, plan of action for tonight... pretty much same as yesterday.

do calduster and spot QD on my G, remove leaves. will re-check weatherbug later on tonight to see if i want to drive her again tomorrow to work or take my GE.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh y u gotta say pretty much same as yesterday kken gosh .... throw sum dirt on here and rewash the Girl

Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, but my wife works and my GE sits at home while im at work in another car, so i definitely needs 2 Fits.
Huh? Was just citing the price, that's all...

Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
Ahh y u gotta say pretty much same as yesterday kken gosh .... throw sum dirt on here and rewash the Girl
no time! im a busy dad. on top of everything doing laundry right now...and the whole family bought new clothes for Fall and it all arrived today so im washing everything.

Huh? Was just citing the price, that's all...
price? oh, the $40K+ you mean? yah, i suppose if you add my 09 with some dealer options and my 12 with no option other than factory installed swirls that i removed along with a few peanut mods i put in so far, i suppose it is about that, huh? hahaha.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
motoring the G home was fun tonight. not too much traffic, smooth driving.

and when i got home i cleaned her up real well. i decided when i got home i want to drive my '12 GE to work tomorrow so QD'ed my G, cleaned the glass and wheels, and placed her on battery manager. i will be cleaning the G's inside glass either tomorrow or over the weekend.

so looks like a crappy rainy weekend here so instead of motoring my Z, i think im going to pull out the GE for the drive. i still have a full day of kids stuff to do on sat so sunday will be my GE motoring day unless weather improves. then i will wash my GE after the drive.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
drove the GE to work today. was a fun drive. it's a carefree car and i really enjoy that. while im driving my G or Z i want to try to preserve the finish as much as i can, so im putting more thought about how close i am following the car in front, scanning for dumbarses if they are paying attention or not, etc. i doesn't drain me or anything, but i use a tad more energy paying attention to what's around me.

in the GE, i dont really have to mainly because it's my work horse dd (will get scratched up anyway), and i have good visibility all around.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
damn it, drove through express way with back to back huge bumps at 45mph...wtf.

i think my alignment is slightly off now. the steering doesn't feel as precise. it's still within spec as it tracks straight and behaves as it should, just not as sharp as before.

when i check alignment i check on a predetermined flat road for straight tracking, and then a little knudge left/right while letting go of steering wheel to check toe evenness. if you knudge left while going straight and let go of the steering wheel, the car should continuously track towards the left. car should not turn more left or try to correct itself by going right. same goes for knudge on right. this tells me that the toe angle is fairly even left and right at around zero toe.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
hope to wrap up work early today...

plan of action for my cars tonight...nnn... not much. weatherbug still shows t-storms for tomorrow and sunday so wont be doing any washing on my GE tonight.

i suppose i can grab my new set of factory all-weather mats from the basement and bring it up into the garage. i want to lay down some weakened masking tape on the floor around the perimeter of the allseason mats where it doesnt have good coverage. especially around the gas pedal and along the entire side of the dead pedal. i dont want dried salt stains come Spring. will work on that when i start seeing snow in the forecast.

if im up for it (after i vac the house) i will work on cleaning the G's glass on the inside tonight i suppose.

im going to be heading out to the autoparts store tomorrow am to get some Sta-Bil for my G, so will bring old oil that i need to recycle. i should get that ready to go tonight as i have a few bottles i want to combine. will also check if i need to get more washer fluid.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
got home early today, did some house chores, and it was still light and nice outside so decided to gather all my old oil to take to my local autoparts store to recycle them. ofcourse took my '12 GE.

while at the store i got so many compliments on my GE from the store clerk to other customers; that was cool. im glad they liked my car's look and hope it inspires more kids to mod their cars to keep this industry going.

oh yah, grabbed a small bottle of stabilizer for my G as well.

on the way home i drove past a '12+ GE sport in silver, basically a twin of my car. it was sporting the stock wheels and yah, they arent too bad looking i suppose for a eco-friendly car, but too damn narrow for my taste. her car looked frikken weak and too politically correct. hahaha. no way am i sporting that on my ride unless it was for snows or something.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
do you guys really think '12 wheels near new at $500 local or $650 shipped (minus any reimbursements on freight) is THAT expensive? lol

some member posted that today. not sure if they realize $500 is like 1/2 the price of the wheels i have on my G and Z right now without tires EACH... not 4 wheels, EACH.

pretty sad if they really think that cause that means they are at the very bottom of the car modding todem pole and have no shame. wtf~

Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
do you guys really think '12 wheels near new at $500 local or $650 shipped (minus any reimbursements on freight) is THAT expensive? lol
Easy Ken, no need to take the high road... Everyone's budget is not the same. Everyone's definition of mod is also a matter of reference point. - a sticker here or a change-engine there... You know it...

Just as someone's play money could be someone else's food for the day.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
The wheels I'm considering buying are $660 each for little Fit sizing and that's one of the most expensive wheels that fit our cars, if I were to buy wheels for a real sports car, the cheap stuff is there haha. I don't understand how anyone can consider modding the Fit expensive.

Everything is so cheap, and I'm far from high income at the moment.

Last edited by mike410b; 10-12-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Now I see where your comment came from Ken. Good luck!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Easy Ken, no need to take the high road... Everyone's budget is not the same. Everyone's definition of mod is also a matter of reference point. - a sticker here or a change-engine there... You know it...

Just as someone's play money could be someone else's food for the day.
hummmm... this isn't about me high roading anything. that was just a reality check to compare what real wheels cost. this is a car forum where chances are most of us who visit here mod cars...and mods usually cost something so if one's worried if they may not be able to put food on the table, i would definitely not recommend modding cars. one can visit the forum, read, have fun, post what they want, but dont tell me a set of near new factory wheels (4pcs) at $500 local/$650shipped (minus any freight reimbursement) is expensive. that is just complete BS.

a true highroader who would never visit a Honda Fit site would say, 'my one wheel on my enzo costs more than your frikken car with mods, blahahaha!'

im not like that and you know it, Subie.

Originally Posted by mike410b
The wheels I'm considering buying are $660 each for little Fit sizing and that's one of the most expensive wheels that fit our cars, if I were to buy wheels for a real sports car, the cheap stuff is there haha. I don't understand how anyone can consider modding the Fit expensive.

Everything is so cheap, and I'm far from high income at the moment.
thanks mike for keeping things with reality. most mods for this car is cheap compared to other enthusiast cars. honestly though, considering the purpose of my GE, i would not spend $660 each on a set of wheels for my Fit. i dont mean any disrespect as you know...

at least to me, expensive wheels will not net a whole lot of difference for my Fit's application because my Fit is a work horse "all weather daily driver.' i dont need 12lbs wheels, i dont need even 14lbs wheels to go to work or kids school or homedepot. i dont really need much wow-factor either because (while i do get a lot of compliments ) i didnt get the car to baby it, show it off or attend shows or any track events. i just want the car to feel right, maintain full functionality and reliability, and look good just enough to make it mine.

i bought it as part of my car hobby tool. it's really an extension of my G and Z and future hobby car i buy next.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?