General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Woot, motored my Z this am, was a good drive.

Afterwards polished and sealed my GE. Looks great. Removed all dealer installed swirls.
Dry air and warm so should cure well.

Hope to snaps some picts later before running a few errands.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
got a quick break so snapped some picts of my GE. i still need to edit them, but i have a lot of other family video editing projects i need to get done first.

plan of action for tomorrow is motor my Z early am, QD, then on my GE paint the hubs, and mount the rota's to check fitment. i should be able to get this all done in the am.

in the pm im planning to take the wife and kids out to the park or maybe even the zoo if i can get things done fast enough. if not, probably take them to the stores in my GE. i want to test these rotas at full load.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
GoodAM everyone. Pulling out the Z in 10.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
here it is with the rota boosts in gunmetal with DWS. no TPMS error light.

what do you guys think? my younger kid loves the look. im okay with it... kinda ricy looking...

Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
here's a template i made back in the GD days...

front hub painted using duplicolor engine enamel (primer and matte black)

here's the rear hub..

Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
woot, wife saw my GE this pm and said 'looks good, very well organized and focused theme as always, ken-san.'

which means my car is a rice bowl... i kiddd.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yah, forgot to mention that this set is a few lbs lighter than the t-forks with RE760. Which means braking is significantly improved. . It is a night day difference.

Will be driving the GE to work tomorrow. Looking forward to the drive.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
morning all!

drove the GE to work this am. was pretty fun. other than this one 40yr old loser driving a minivan cutting me off, noone bothered me. it's sad watching people like that with kids thinking they are victims of their own life choice. you dont need to be sad and all stressed out driving a minivan just because you got kids. get a fun hatch for family (aka GE 5MT) and a hobby car (sports coupe). that's the way to do it. enjoy life. kids are fun.

for some reason young parents often times 'think' they need a suv. they also 'think' they need a minivan. unless you got 3 infants or more or do a lot of camping or something with your big family, you really dont need a huge-arse hauler like that!

one of my neighbors down the street, a woman, has a nice big new infiniti suv. it's a nice car and all, but she's often stressed out. i hear her yelling at her kids to get in the car or drives like an arse down the sidestreets plowing away. it's literally sad having to hear and see that often. it's hard to believe she's 'enjoying' life at all.

anyway, back to the GE...

the DWS feel at home. they are very... humm how shall i say... obedient? lol they behave over pavement grooves very well and respond well to my commands. no twicy feel, no tramlining even at ET40 and 20mm wider tires/wheels than stock (currently running 16x7 ET40 with 205/50/16). not bad. they feel neutral. it feels like something that came with the car, yet has much better grip.

this response is actually the same way on my 370Z's set of DW's i use in colder weather. they are much softer feel and steering is a tad numb vs high-end potenza's and advans i use, but that actually works well on street when running aggressive offsets. that's because in my area there are a lot of roads that have deep drain grooves on concrete, a lot of uneven deep grooves on asphalt from truck weight. those grooves make the car tramline, but with the continentals the feedback is tame.

hope everyone has a nice monday.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
dang, im getting compliments left and right about my GE with this new wheels. hahaha. people luvs the new due.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not a Rota fan, but this does look worlds better IMO.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm not a Rota fan, but this does look worlds better IMO.
huh, thanks!

yah, im not much of a rota fan myself to tell you the truth.

i looked at the Boosts and i looked at the real Advan RG's and decided they dont look as similar as i thought, so got the boosts mainly because i like the general shape, availability, weight, color. plus it's cheap so can't really go wrong, i guess.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, i ordered a spray bottle of GoofOff which is to take the remaining grayish looking crap on the sidewall. tirerack recommended i scub it clean with it from time to time and it should permanently fix the blooming problem people noticed.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
so didnt have time to make the clearbra protectors for the wheel arches... will see if i can do something maybe thurs or friday if not too cold or raining. got too many house chores to do this week.

we're expecting to be in 30F's for lows by weekend... the reason why swapped out the RE760's off the the GE yesterday. i can still apply clear bra since i have a heat gun and IR heater as needed.

with the temps coming down im going to push off getting maintenance alignment on my G until next season.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
the drive home was fun. i suppose it can be more fun if the dampers were a tad stiffer... but oh well. im done with the car for now.

re-torqued the lugs when i got home. that's all for today.

need to order some t-shirts. good time of the season to get the deals. i dont need anything fancy as this is for when im working on my cars.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
ive taken down the sport 12 wheel ad as there is a lot of views but no serious interest.

boxing them up and moving them into storage. i need to make room so that i can move my summer set in there and also bring up my WEDS for my Z.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
pressured up my G's S04's in prep for tomorrow's commute. hope it doesn't rain...

Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
woot, motored my G to work today. with autumn, my car is kinda covered with dead leaves while parked at the office. hahaha. oh well, just part of having a car.

will vac the cowl on the weekend to get all the leaves out from under the wipers.
looks like rain tomorrow and thurs, so looks like i will be taking the GE to work this week.

i need to get the t-forks (enkei's) out of the garage tonight. pita while on the floor due to restricted space...due to stupid huge arse village trash & recycle bins.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
filled up the G, so one thing i can check-off my to do list today.

wind picked up so my car's pretty dusty now. i use california duster on my cars if it has not seen morning dew or rain (or fog for that matter). if it got even a tad wet, the dust and contaminants bond to the sealant so i use QD. if it was rained on, i would use super high lubricity SprayOnCarWash.

at one time Griot's sold a dry duster mop which looked like cal duster, but with no wax in the mop. that one i use on my Z (and i have a smaller version of that which i use on my musical instruments inside the house. ) the benefit of this mop is i can use it over glass and hotter temps without any smears. you can use calduster over glass if the excess wax is gone, glass is completely dry and cold. but chances are you will get some sort of smear over glass. the smears easily come off with glass cleaner.

here's the calduster. after purchase it's a good idea to place it on news papers for a full week. turn and shake it from time to time to rid all excess wax. you can buy cheaper ones from the same company that comes with a plastic handle.

The Original California Car Duster with Standard 15" Cleaning Head : Amazon.com : Automotive The Original California Car Duster with Standard 15" Cleaning Head : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
boxed up my '12 sport wheels in the rota boxes this pm and moved them off to storage. i used the shower cap looking bonnets on the factory wheels after cleaning them up one last time to minimize any chance for scratches while in storage.

also moved the 17" enkei's out of the garage and into the basement.

dusted my G and plugged her in again onto the battery manager until friday...hopefully.
tomorrow taking the GE to work.

my 09 was bombed badly so had to do some bird crap removal... i hate non-edible birds.

speaking of getting bird crapped, my '12 was hit like 50 spots over the weekend. damn sparrow or something having a piss-off contest off the gutter or something. glad i had sealant on there cause it cleaned off nicely.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
for bird crap removal i use disposable gloves like this... QD and paper towel.

basically hit it with QD and wait a few seconds, then dab off the bird crap with the paper towel
being careful not to slide or rub the paint with the towel as it will swirl the finish.

afterwards, you can remove the disposable gloves while kinda peeling it inside out off your hand
so that you do will not touch the bird crap and disease it contains.

i use below QD's in my detailing cart.

can be had from amazon or detailersdomain.com Polymer based, so can be used on hot surface as well.

can be had from griotsgarage.com natural wax based, so use on cool panels only.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?