General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
how many of you hate the '12 wheels? is it just me? why did Honda have to make my car's factory wheels so fugly?
So far... yes and I'll be happy to take them off your hands.

so if i was to run my gunmetal rota's with tpms, wouldn't that mean i will have a silver spot (tpms) on my gunmetal wheels? it's going to appear spinning and spinning while it makes rotation.

if im going to run the rota's i better spray paint that tpms valve stem black.
Yes, the cap for the TPMS sensor is indeed silver and if you have a keen eye will be visible while spinning. I haven't painted mine and have matte gray wheels... I'm kinda curious how it would look in a rolling shot now.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
So far... yes and I'll be happy to take them off your hands.

Yes, the cap for the TPMS sensor is indeed silver and if you have a keen eye will be visible while spinning. I haven't painted mine and have matte gray wheels... I'm kinda curious how it would look in a rolling shot now.
why is everyone in luv with those '12 wheelz? hahaha. i guess im the weird one, huh?

on my dark colored wheels the stems are usually metal and black. or, like on my t-forks, they are rubber stems so they are black and hides in the wheels well. my rota's are gun metal and im pretty sure the stem and the cap will stick out like a sore thumb. so i will paint it first and use black plastic caps.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM
mr. Kenchan!!! Z forum updated/upgraded! You should come and see-shhhh-just sneak in if you like. Anywho-you got another conversation blurb yesterday...Zman8 this time and of course Pint and I jumped in...

Motoring my Z to TN today (first long trip in her-excited!)...you have been busy i see from the many pages in your thread- have a great weekend! I'll check back in again!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I don't really care for the look of the 2012 sport rims, especially that two-toned scheme... but then again I never really cared for the 09-11 sport rims either... however the 09's have grown on me even though they're a pain to clean between the "spokes".

I wish we could've gotten the 09-11 Canadian LX wheels... I liked them so much I picked up a set.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
mr. Kenchan!!! Z forum updated/upgraded! You should come and see-shhhh-just sneak in if you like. Anywho-you got another conversation blurb yesterday...Zman8 this time and of course Pint and I jumped in...

Motoring my Z to TN today (first long trip in her-excited!)...you have been busy i see from the many pages in your thread- have a great weekend! I'll check back in again!!!
hey there ms.blackcherry! TGIF, hope you're having a nice trip.

i will check out the other site later today to see wazup. thanks for the headsup.

have a great weekend too!

Originally Posted by FitStir
I don't really care for the look of the 2012 sport rims, especially that two-toned scheme... but then again I never really cared for the 09-11 sport rims either... however the 09's have grown on me even though they're a pain to clean between the "spokes".

I wish we could've gotten the 09-11 Canadian LX wheels... I liked them so much I picked up a set.
im okay with the 2 tone. actually the two tone is kind of the retro-norm as the 'cool' for factory look. this is why i got the t-forks as it's gunmetal with machined face. i want my GE to look factory sporty with a twist, not "MODDDDEDEDEDD" sporty.. meaning, im not that young and me driving a ricy "ill" looking hatch just doesn't feel right to me. this is yet another reason why im having second thoughts on running the gunmetal rota's. sure if i was 20+yrs younger it would suit me well.

the flatness of the 12's wheels is what kills it, i think. it looks like cheap wheel covers from a distance and the narrow width makes it appear even worse.

the 9-11 wheels look pretty good as it has some curve on the spokes. if it was wider it would be even nicer but for my 09' which is stock height, the stock sport wheels work great for that car.

anyway, im finally on the last phase of my cold (been sick the entire week) so im going to be pulling up the stock wheels from the basement this weekend. hopefully Monday after work i can get the tpms yanked out of them and will make a quick roadtrip to TR to get my 17's.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
hey ms.blackcherry, what changed at the site again? i couldn't figure it out other than i saw that you have a "like" button or counter or something. hahaha!! please tell the gang i said "goodPM!"

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
so drove my GE to work again today. was a fun drive. it's raining though...

i need to think about doing polymer sealant before it gets too cold outside. my illness has taken a toll on my car tinkering progress. hahaha.

yah, ive not pulled the DRL fuse yet. hopefully this weekend i will remember to do it.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
looking forward to my drive home. kinda tired, but my sore throat is receding. i still sound like a toad that got stepped on, but oh well, i was never known for my voice anyway so who cares. hahaha.

still raining outside. probably wont get to the DRL fuse today, but instead will keep warm, get a good night's rest, and hope that tomorrow am i am cured from my cold and will motor my 370Z.

if im really up to it, i suppose i can swing over the stock wheels to my local tire place to get the tpms yanked out tomorrow late am. will see. i have a lot of errands to run tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm... so if i put my NIB rota boosts up for sale (gunmetal 16x7 ET40 4x100 with centering rings, center caps) would anyone want it in the midwest?

im keeping the black lugs, 500 cash.
never mounted.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
oh in this case i would also let go the 2012 sport wheels (with stock lugs, no tires, no tpms) for $500 as well. it has like 100miles on them max.

im keeping the tires as my 09 GE's tires are pretty worn now.
and obviously the tpms is going on my new 17's.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Mr. Kenchan -- I did this today:

Old 09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
oh in this case i would also let go the 2012 sport wheels (with stock lugs, no tires, no tpms) for $500 as well. it has like 100miles on them max.
... Don't tempt me.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
... Don't tempt me.
hahaha.

hey nice pict mr.onzedge.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha.
Seriously, I can get a set of brand NEW Mugen XJs from the GE8 accessory catalog for less than I could for a set of the 2012/2013 Sport wheels at work with my Honda discount. So getting them from you would be a STEAL!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 PM
hey ms.blackcherry, what changed at the site again? i couldn't figure it out other than i saw that you have a "like" button or counter or something. hahaha!! please tell the gang i said "goodPM!"
Hello and GoodPM

Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
GoodAM everyone! Im at the tire store getting the tpms pulled out of the stockers.

Hootie I will send you a pm and post up picts later.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
2012' sport wheels off my GE. no tires, no tmps, with lugs and centercaps.

local midwest only $500 cash or $515 via paypal. will not ship.
send me PM if interested.

post here if you can't send me PM's. i will add you to my contact list.

here are the picts...

there are 2 marks...

first on one wheel...

this is on another wheel...

Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
also posted in the for sale section.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
so after i got back from the tire store and putting everything back in the basement, my throat is not feeling too
good again so going to take it easy today. been sipping on some nice hot starbucks i made at home. i dont
usually buy dripped coffee at the stores as i think it's a huge waste of $$$. yah, i spend thousands on wheels
and tires each year, but dont spend $5 on coffee. hahaha.

was hoping to put some polymer sealant on my GE but going to pass today.

tomorrow's going to be like in the low 50F's so too cold to do sealant as well. will see if im up to swapping
out my 370Z's wheels tomorrow after my drive. going to my cool weather set which are WEDS SA55M's 19x9
and 19x10.5 running continental DW's.

in the summer ive been running the factory Nismo wheels with AdvanSports. these wheels made by Rays cost
over $5K with tires. LOL. Next season i hope to burn through those advans early on and wrap some RE11's.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
no one wants wheels.

just got back from an errand in the GE. lots of crosswind.... kinda stable-ish....

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?