General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i put about 150miles today on a short road trip across town in the GE. was a fun drive.

when i got home, washed it real good, removed tar spots and put some hydro afterwards.

then proceeded to my 09 GE sport and washed, cleaned the interior glass, and re-aimed the headlights.
i placed both my GE's facing the garage door and found that the 09's aim was considerably lower.
i matched it with my '12 which has good visibility at night (from swift springs leveling off car. )

then pressured up the tires on both the GE's.

was a fun Fit day today.

on the drive back, i was over 600miles so hit wot in 2nd. i couldn't see the redline on the tach real
well so hit the rev limiter. lol thought i had another 200rpms.

anyway, the '12 GE MT drives a lot quicker than i originally thought and im real happy with the
torque band. it's plenty fast to make it fun and as long as one's a great ("good" is not good enough,
you need to be "great") MT driver like me lol that can downshift in a flash, heel/toe in a flash,
this car is very fast. you just have to know how to REALLY drive MT.

keeps me on my toes and it's great. im real happy i bought this car.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
went out to pickup dinner a few hours ago, and kids (teens boys and girls) working outside at the burger joint while i was going through the drive thru was like 'wow, what kind of car is this?' lol my '12 seems to attract a lot of youngling's attention.

tomorrow, hope roads are dry by the time im ready to pull out my 370Z... it's raining now on my freshly washed GE's. lol hahaha. it's okay, they both needed a wash pretty badly anyway. rain over a clean car doesnt dirty it much. i will go over my GE with SprayOn CarWash tomorrow as needed.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, forgot to mention... i cut out the toe hook cover today on the clearbra. hahaha. i used an exacto-knife to cut in the seam, then pushed the edges of the bra using hard squeegee. one side to the bumper, the other side to the edge of the round cover. turned out perfect. now i can use the tow hook if needed.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
motored my Z this am. was a great drive.

on the way home some pos loser in a rusted minivan was driving next to me. that was fine, we have a lot of losers
in that area. i sped up and passed the shit to prepare for a right hand turn. while i was ahead of this loser my V1
started beeping letting me know a cop was ahead so i adjusted my speed. i was a few mph over so drove at the
speed limit. i dont speed.

then the minivan loser tailgated me and stuck a pass in front of me. well, you know how the story ends. lol
losers will always be f-king losers until they change their ways. it was a facepalm moment.

when a sports car ahead of you adjusts speed, just slow the f- down with him. chances are, he will save you from
a ticket.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
woot, adjusted the spare's psi's for all 4 cars.

haven't decided what i want to do yet for winter set. if im going to do dws, why not get another set of 17's? is wat im thinking now. lol

hey gotz my title for the '12 in the mail today. woot. i paid cash, no trade so it was real easy for the dealer to process.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Idea: If you're going 17s for winter, how about use your current wheels for winter and pick up some 17x7 BBS R90 wheels? They're an optional wheel on the MINI Coopers which share the same bolt pattern and hub bore as well as has an offset (+48mm if memory serves me right) that you can easily run 205/45R17s without worrying about tire rub.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Idea: If you're going 17s for winter, how about use your current wheels for winter and pick up some 17x7 BBS R90 wheels? They're an optional wheel on the MINI Coopers which share the same bolt pattern and hub bore as well as has an offset (+48mm if memory serves me right) that you can easily run 205/45R17s without worrying about tire rub.
R90s are boat anchors. 21lb each plus tire weight.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
hey hootie, hope you're having a great sunday.

i use to own a 2003 cooper-s and it came with R90's. haha. those things are boat anchors (aka super heavy). they will definitely slow down the Fit. within a year of ownership, i bought a set of SSR Comps 16x7.5's for my MINI and never looked back. lol

since the t-forks have clearcoated machined metal section, the salt will corrode under the clear when it impacts the surface. ive had this problem on 2 sets of wheels on 2 separate cars with polished lip. the tiniest of pitting causes this to occur.

im thinking about the enkei PF01's in silver. 17x7 16lbs or something.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Ken, I am. Hope your's is/was great as well sir.

I never knew you had an R52/R53 Coop, it must have been a blast to drive. I've always wanted to drive one of those and so far have driven the R50 just-a-Coop hatch and both N/A and turbo'd R56 hatch models... Just need to find a R53 and I'll have the Cooper hatches covered! haha

I can understand not wanting to run them due to weight and them having machined lips as well as the screws running around the barrel of the wheel (on the 17 inch R90s). Every time I see R90s on a car the temptation of a ghetto pit stop comes to mind or just run up to the owner and ask if they want to sell them... whether its MINI's 4 lug or VW's 5 lug version.

PF01s would be a nice choice. Light weight, fairly open spokes so snow will less likely pack into the wheel. It would be interesting to see.

Originally Posted by krunk13
R90s are boat anchors. 21lb each plus tire weight.
I know but they're the only 17 inch wheel I'd rock on a Fit... Plus I'm a sucker for most mesh wheel designs. SO... any mention of 17s, R90s instantly come to mind. That and the Crowns for the Coopers which is also heavy as hell.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Hey Ken, I am. Hope your's is/was great as well sir.

I never knew you had an R52/R53 Coop, it must have been a blast to drive. I've always wanted to drive one of those and so far have driven the R50 just-a-Coop hatch and both N/A and turbo'd R56 hatch models... Just need to find a R53 and I'll have the Cooper hatches covered! haha

I can understand not wanting to run them due to weight and them having machined lips as well as the screws running around the barrel of the wheel (on the 17 inch R90s). Every time I see R90s on a car the temptation of a ghetto pit stop comes to mind or just run up to the owner and ask if they want to sell them... whether its MINI's 4 lug or VW's 5 lug version.

PF01s would be a nice choice. Light weight, fairly open spokes so snow will less likely pack into the wheel. It would be interesting to see.
thanks, i had a good sunday too.

yah, i bought the 03' R53 late 2002 and sold it back in 2009 when i bought the 370Z. it was a fun car to mod and a joy to drive (while it worked electronic problems often).

the R90's are definitely great looking wheels. they are true 2pc wheels as you mentioned. the very last set i had on the R53 was BBS CV's in 17x7.5. they were good looking wheels, kind of a one pc version of the R90's and a tad lighter weight. i ran dunlop star spec's on them and they stuck like glue. very good tires in the summer time.

the next tiny FF car i plan to buy is the Abarth. i expect to have one in my garage summer 2014 when i finally retire my G on its 10th year. not selling the Z or my '12 GE anytime soon. soon after i will be replacing the 09 GE with something for the wife. probably the impreza wagon. that was choice #2 this time around when shopping for a hatch. im still glad i got the GE though instead of the impreza.

excellent comment about the PF01's preventing snow to get stuck between the spokes. that is a huge problem i have with wheel balance in the snow months with cars that are parked outdoors 24/7. i can feel the wheels completely out of balance at times... before causing damage to the wheel bearing i would try to break free the packed snow with the end of my snow brum or run the car through a car wash.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
drove the GE to work this am. i pressued up the tires yesterday to 37psi at 70F in anticipation for colder mornings of about 50F. this am temp didn't drop as much as i thought so at 55F, tire were e in the high 35psi. with the RE760's this can be a little bumpy ride with only me onboard.

the cool air + no a/c = car felt good. it's going to get cooler this month so im going to keep the psi where it is.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
hummmm.... i want to swap out the tail lights or slighly smoke the top clear section.

my car is silver and that top clear portion looks kinda cheap. anyone know if someone makes overlays for our '12?

Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
not everyone all jump in at once, pls.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
thanks to evil and meatbaby i think im going to do the headlight armor smoked 50%. will place order later on when i get home.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
added 3 washers each under the front seat rail bolts to tilt the seat back a few degrees.
Took it out for a test drive and seems to have improved the seating position.

My Z's seat bottom is considerably tilted more and felt real comfy when I drove it so hoping to do something similar with the GE.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
hi mr. Kenchan!! Went auto crossing yesterday-so much fun! Thought i'd pop in here and see what you were up to! You never disappoint-always teach me something!!

Originally Posted by kenchan
woot, adjusted the spare's psi's for all 4 cars.

haven't decided what i want to do yet for winter set. if im going to do dws, why not get another set of 17's? is wat im thinking now. lol

hey gotz my title for the '12 in the mail today. woot. i paid cash, no trade so it was real easy for the dealer to process.
i'd say!!

drove the GE to work this am. i pressued up the tires yesterday to 37psi at 70F in anticipation for colder mornings of about 50F. this am temp didn't drop as much as i thought so at 55F, tire were e in the high 35psi. with the RE760's this can be a little bumpy ride with only me onboard.

the cool air + no a/c = car felt good. it's going to get cooler this month so im going to keep the psi where it is.
I agree-cool air today was nice, although that means i'm closer to garaging the Z
hummmm.... i want to swap out the tail lights or slighly smoke the top clear section.

my car is silver and that top clear portion looks kinda cheap. anyone know if someone makes overlays for our '12?
not everyone all jump in at once, pls.
. This sarcasm made me giggle a bit...i think somebody did finally respond though! Lol!

Have a great week kenchan!! We are still "kenchan"ing in the Z forum, almost daily somebody is "motoring in 5" or "goodAM"ing it!! See ya!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
hi mr. Kenchan!! Went auto crossing yesterday-so much fun! Thought i'd pop in here and see what you were up to! You never disappoint-always teach me something!!

i'd say!!

I agree-cool air today was nice, although that means i'm closer to garaging the Z

. This sarcasm made me giggle a bit...i think somebody did finally respond though! Lol!

Have a great week kenchan!! We are still "kenchan"ing in the Z forum, almost daily somebody is "motoring in 5" or "goodAM"ing it!! See ya!!!
hey there, ms.blackcherry! great to hear you were maxing out the Z's performance at the auto-x. did you start your HU project at all?

yah, the cooler weather is definitely here. i pressured up the Z's tires yesterday to set it at 38psi at 70F. that should drop to about 36psi by this weekend when i pull her out around 50F early am.

will see how she does with those advans at 50F. i think pretty soon i need to pull out the DW set. glad to hear everyone's still kenchaning down there in Z-land.

have a great week too.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
goodAM everyone. took the G to work today. was behind a sentra SR and noticed how its tail lights were smoked (tinted) and it looked factory finish. on a white car it looked great.

now why did honda not do this for our Fit's especially for the '12 since we get blacked out headlights? cost? not sure, it's still the same plastic injection and if they're planning to produce for minimum 2 years, it should be able to pay for the validation costs. maybe the injection gates need to be modified to do injection evenly in that color? not sure...

anyway...looked so much better than just a clear white refector. well, mine shall also be smoked later in the week, so. that would mark the end of the '12 Fit mod.

... well probably for a few days.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
so the other day when i was fixing the aim on my 09 GE's headlights, i noticed that the hose clamps were rusted pretty badly. it's surface rust so not a huge deal, but it looks like crap in there. dealer did major service about a month ago and they didn't say anything about the rusted clamps so i think this is 'normal' for honda.

anyway, i think im going to to save my '12 clamps from such condition by applying a light coat of synthetic motor oil (i dont have dino oil in my garage) using a swab and dabbing it down before winter.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
so planning ahead on my winter setup, ive been looking through discounttire to see what i can do to save me a trip to remove tpms from stock wheelset and order the DWS at the same time to be mounted and balanced with tpms on the rota's.

problem is their online store doesnt have much flexibility when you have to order tires to ship to store. it also forces you to buy the tire disposal charge which is like $12. lol not a big deal but im not disposing any tire so i dont want to pay it. it also doesnt say anything about reusing tpms or transferring them...explaining this to the store clerk afterwards and getting credit is going to be yet another pita.

so the best way i think is to take it in steps... first i would go to the store and get the tpms pulled out of the stock wheelset. then i have some time to think if i want to use the rota's i bought a few weeks ago or do the PF01's in 17. once decided, i will go to tirerack and hand over my tpms to have watever i want done. it can be any of the combo below... rota with tpms + WS60 or rota with tpms with DWS or PF01 with tpms + 205/45/17 DWS.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?