General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
GoodAM everyone hope all is having a nice Sunday. Ended up not raining this am so took my Z out for a drive. had a great time. Gassed her up on the way home. Hope to take her out for another round tomorrow.

When I got her back in the garage I did some QD and then checked for swirls. There weren't any significant ones so decided to pass on the polish and just enhance the wax by spraying a nice thick coat of SprayOn wax by Griot's. Surface had barely any contaminants so whatever there was, I removed the tiny bumps one by one very gently with my nail after wiping off the product. Probably 7 or 8 of them total.

The thing about this spray is that it has a lot of lubricity and leaves behind a very slick surface. Most contaminants will easily shear or dissolve off if your paint is well cared for. After it cures onto the surface the paint has a super rich gloss.

Also checked how the polymer cured onto my G. I applied hydro as lsp yesterday and it takes a full 24hrs to cure. She looked fantastic.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Holy hell, hot and super humid today. Was going to wash my GE's this late pm but too frikken hot. Hasnt cooled down one bit. Will re-attempt tomorrow am after my drive.

Since I'm planning to get alignment on the GE this week and f-ked up schedule with the lawn care pansy's at work, I think im going to motor my G tomorrow instead and fill her up.
Going to maximize my GE driving this week to work.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
GoodAM everyone hope all is having a nice Sunday. Ended up not raining this am so took my Z out for a drive. had a great time. Gassed her up on the way home. Hope to take her out for another round tomorrow.

When I got her back in the garage I did some QD and then checked for swirls. There weren't any significant ones so decided to pass on the polish and just enhance the wax by spraying a nice thick coat of SprayOn wax by Griot's. Surface had barely any contaminants so whatever there was, I removed the tiny bumps one by one very gently with my nail after wiping off the product. Probably 7 or 8 of them total.

The thing about this spray is that it has a lot of lubricity and leaves behind a very slick surface. Most contaminants will easily shear or dissolve off if your paint is well cared for. After it cures onto the surface the paint has a super rich gloss.

Also checked how the polymer cured onto my G. I applied hydro as lsp yesterday and it takes a full 24hrs to cure. She looked fantastic.
You -Mr. Kenchan are amazing! I was wondering today about spray on wax and voila' there it is-in your post!! cant thank you enough!

Holy hell, hot and super humid today. Was going to wash my GE's this late pm but too frikken hot. Hasnt cooled down one bit. Will re-attempt tomorrow am after my drive.

Since I'm planning to get alignment on the GE this week and f-ked up schedule with the lawn care pansy's at work, I think im going to motor my G tomorrow instead and fill her up.
Going to maximize my GE driving this week to work.
Sounding kinda frustrated today-ken-chan...holy hell.... made me chuckle-sorry you are feeling "holy hell" today!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
You -Mr. Kenchan are amazing! I was wondering today about spray on wax and voila' there it is-in your post!! cant thank you enough!

Sounding kinda frustrated today-ken-chan...holy hell.... made me chuckle-sorry you are feeling "holy hell" today!
Hey there ms.blackberry! yah, SprayOnWax is easy to use. Only thing to watch out for is heat. It needs to be applied on cool surface, otherwise the spray will dry too quickly and leave behind a cloudy smear. No huge deal though, not permanent. just spray more product and spread evenly. Worst case just remove it with their WindowCleaner.

Motored my G today, was a great drive until some pos bottom of the food chain garbage driving in front slow and stupid.. Hahahaha. Anyway no time to give them my time or energy to hate, so just tolerated their existence for 10 sec before I stuck a pass.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Anyway got home, QD'd the G and pulled my GE back onto the driveway. Today I had the sec cam aimed at the car while it was parked outside with feed recorded on dvr. No issue today.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
checked psi early am today on the GE's. was between 32.8-33.1psi on all 8 tires so will pump 2psi later in the week as low's will be in the high 50F's at night time.

will also pressure up the donut to 60psi as well.

will need to add some air in my G and Z's tires too before the weekend.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
camber bolts are now installed in prep for alignment this week. hope i can get wat i want.

at the moment i just eye balled the camber so that it's not too far off from where it was before. the alignment place will get it perfectly even. i hope they allow me to sit in the car while they set the toe.... not that it's that critical on this car.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
No time to wash the GE's today. Its going to rain tomorrow night so I guess its okay for now. It doesn't look too dirty for a car parked outdoors..... Hope to wash them maybe Thurs.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
hummmm... still a tad young to be pushing wot, but i gave it a nice wot pull in 2nd this am during my commute due to car in front making a sudden right turn into a parking lot, and cars behind me barrelling down in my rear view mirror.

the car pulled more than i thought i would. hummmm! unlike the AT 09 i have (which drives me insane sometimes due to its silly sloppy torque converter transmission), this tiny little engine is quite torquey when coupled with MT. this was a pleasant surprise.

too bad the turning dynamics is not that great. i hope the alignment will improve this. the narrow tall shape doesn't help either. not that im complaining about the asthetics of the car.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
so later this month when temps drop below 65F during the day, im going to swap out my Z's nismo wheels running advans with my Weds with the Continental DW's.

the DW's performed pretty well in colder weather even though they are summer tires.
the tires are much softer so it doesn't stiffen up like most summer tires too.

i will be hibernating the Z when i see temps dropping below 30F at night. the village starts spraying this corrosive crap on the roads and while the car can handle it, i dont like seeing surface rust/corrosion on my hobby car's under carriage when im doing an oil change.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
You've waited this long to go WOT in your GE? When I drove the 2012 home I took it to redline in 2nd and 3rd WOT with about 10 miles on the odo. Gotta seat those piston rings

Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
You've waited this long to go WOT in your GE? When I drove the 2012 home I took it to redline in 2nd and 3rd WOT with about 10 miles on the odo. Gotta seat those piston rings

yah, i only have like 450miles on the thing still even though ive had the car since first wk of august. car will get more motoring time as soon as i get the alignment done this week (might take it in twice) and dial the thing in to my preference.

im going to try -1.5 camber and zero toe (front-only) as starting point. wat do you think? need more camber? the stock suspension has like almost zero (near positive) camber.. wtf

Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I've always heard zero toe isn't desirable, but that's for ultimate handling, for wear the opposite is true haha

Old 09-04-2012, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
I've always heard zero toe isn't desirable, but that's for ultimate handling, for wear the opposite is true haha
hummm... i usually do +0.05 toe-in each side on my RWD cars but on FWD i usually do zero toe or even -0.05 (toe out) for quicker turn in.

what about camber? any recommendations? I think the max my camber bolts can do is -1.75... so with margin of error in mind left/right, i think -1.5 is the max i can go with 0.2 degrees of error.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
I'd say -1.5 will be a definite improvement!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Mr. Kenchan -- look what happended yesterday:

Old 09-04-2012, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onzedge
Mr. Kenchan -- look what happended yesterday:

congrats, GrandPa-onzedge!!! wow now that's a cute baby!
mommy doing well?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'd say -1.5 will be a definite improvement!
yah, i thinks so too. wish they come out of the factory with more camber, but oh well. too many people that buys these cars expect tires to last 40K miles or something waaay crazy.

im happy if i can get 8K miles out of my tires on my G and Z. and they cost like $300+ a pop.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
congrats, GrandPa-onzedge!!! wow now that's a cute baby!
mommy doing well?

Everyone is okie dokie. Her name is Faye Taylor Clark.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onzedge
Everyone is okie dokie. Her name is Faye Taylor Clark.
sounds good! that's a beautiful name.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?