General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
the enkei t-forks in 17x7 that i have is rated 19.4lbs on tirerack.

so if i went 4lbs static weight + possibly additional 4lbs on the wheel that's 8lbs static weight or 50lbs+ unsprung weight per corner.

yah, that will surely affect braking... and some acceleration.
thats only in +38 offset. In +45 its a 18.6lb wheels which is identical to the stock ones. 15's with sticky tires offer the best price, weight, and stopping distance IMO.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
thats only in +38 offset. In +45 its a 18.6lb wheels which is identical to the stock ones. 15's with sticky tires offer the best price, weight, and stopping distance IMO.
hummm...so only 4lbs difference total each corner, huh? that's not bad at all and shouldn't make that much of a difference. that's like carrying a 120-130lbs person in the car.

so unless i do some kind of brake work it's not going to improve much just by the weight difference.

so best way is... just get use to the braking distance.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
ive been parking my GE front facing towards the sun the last few days and the clearbra is now about 95%+ dry. the light clouds are all gone and minor bubbling is almost gone as well. i think it's ready to take polymer, but will give it one more week to dry.

so... plan of action for the weekend.

tomorrow looks to be a rain day so i think im going to detail my G in the garage. i have a dehumidifier so no issue with humidity inside. will use One-Step Sealant by Griot's as ive been using polymer since last june. i have some contamination on the paint but not too bad, so i think the diminishing abrasives in the sealant will clean this off without needing to clay.

i will be using both my 6" and 3" random orbitals and Griot's orange pad. these days i dont even wash the pads when i use polymer and just toss it after use.

then will detail the interior using LeatherCare spray and clean the inside of the windows.

as for GE, will wash them both probably and give them a coat of Hydro.

maybe the next rain weekend, i will wax my Z. i only use natural wax on that car.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Mr. Ken-chan!!! Jeez! I need to visit you more than every two days! Lots of information you are providing-hope you dont mind me acting like a sponge! Learning lots at your expense!

GoodAM, ms. blackcherry! when you do decide to do the z's HU, i recommend you wire up a rear view camera and rear fog lamp at the same time... might even recommend laying down some dynamat as well while you have the trunk liner out.
Pint already contacted me about the dynamat-i am pretty sure im getting that-road noise irritates my driving experience in Z...

hey my new camber bolts arrived this am. will install tonight when i get home. i dont have a camber gauge but will just use my right angle ruler and bubble level for now. once i have a good angle (per driving) i will take the car into alignment and tell the tech to dial-in evenly on both sides and fix the toe. basically i want max camber at -1.75 or up to -2 degrees.

drove my G to work again today so i think i will pickup the wheels tomorrow after work in my GE.
btw, forgot to mention that my front tires are wearing on the shoulders after taking several(?) many(?) quick turns. this is one of the main reasons why i think the car needs camber bolts on the front to dial in more neg camber. i take the same corners much faster in my G and Z and shoulders are not worn like how they are on the brand new tires on my '12 GE. but then again both my G and Z are dialed in pretty good.
This is interesting stuff-did not know what camber was-i have worn out several sets of tires on my civic-now i know why. Drive to work is VERY twisty turny...now a bit worried about my Z.

yah, i want to launch the thing to see wat it can do, but i have no tpms in my enkei's and vsa probably wont allow me to push max power out of my GE.
im still debating if i should put the tpms in my enkei's or put them in the new rota's im getting for snow set. the smart side of me says to put the tpms in the snow set. the fun side of me says f- the tpms in the snow tires and put them in the enkei's and drive like i mean it in the summer.
but then the smart me says you already have 2 fun cars so be safe and put the tpms in the snow set. but then fun me says.. etc. etc. etc.
i think at the end im going to unplug the vsa module. hahahaha.
Always have fun! Not getting any younger! Go for it!

so tonight im taking the family out for supper. first time everyone's going to be in the Fit at the same time. i dont think my wife's even sat in my '12 yet as she doesnt really care for cars. i mean she has literally zero interest in cars.

will see how the '12 does with full load (after supper). lol
My hubby is same way! Wth?! Lol! How did family fit!? Everybody comfy?

Ordering HU today! Hubby onboard for install! Thank you so much for recommendation-been looking for awhile! Miss you!!! See you again soon Mr. kenchan buddy!!!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
Hi Mr. Ken-chan!!! Jeez! I need to visit you more than every two days! Lots of information you are providing-hope you dont mind me acting like a sponge! Learning lots at your expense!

Pint already contacted me about the dynamat-i am pretty sure im getting that-road noise irritates my driving experience in Z...

This is interesting stuff-did not know what camber was-i have worn out several sets of tires on my civic-now i know why. Drive to work is VERY twisty turny...now a bit worried about my Z.

Always have fun! Not getting any younger! Go for it!

My hubby is same way! Wth?! Lol! How did family fit!? Everybody comfy?

Ordering HU today! Hubby onboard for install! Thank you so much for recommendation-been looking for awhile! Miss you!!! See you again soon Mr. kenchan buddy!!!
hey there ms.blackcherry- TGIF! i hope to get done with this day soon... lots of bs and not enough progress at work. *facepalm*

camber should be fine on the Z for most drivers (less mt.tam) as it's naturally dialed-in by design, but if you are seeing your front tire's shoulder wearing (like mt tam) then it's good to dial-in probably another -1 to what you have using new camber adjstable a-arms.

congrats on the HU purchase. the shifter trim has metal clips underneath that scratch the center console easily on the Z, so i suggest putting a towel and or several layers of painter's tape when you pull it up. have fun with the install and a have a great weekend!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
hey there ms.blackcherry- TGIF! i hope to get done with this day soon... lots of bs and not enough progress at work. *facepalm*

camber should be fine on the Z for most drivers (less mt.tam) as it's naturally dialed-in by design, but if you are seeing your front tire's shoulder wearing (like mt tam) then it's good to dial-in probably another -1 to what you have using new camber adjstable a-arms.

congrats on the HU purchase. the shifter trim has metal clips underneath that scratch the center console easily on the Z, so i suggest putting a towel and or several layers of painter's tape when you pull it up. have fun with the install and a have a great weekend!
Hope your friday goes quick-hate those kind of days-maybe you are just anxious to start weekend?!
Lol! I have camber adjustable a-arms?! Lol gawd-i am so clueless about my car!
Thx for HU install tips! Printing all the good stuff you have told me so i can share w hubby!!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Hope your friday goes quick-hate those kind of days-maybe you are just anxious to start weekend?!
Lol! I have camber adjustable a-arms?! Lol gawd-i am so clueless about my car!
Thx for HU install tips! Printing all the good stuff you have told me so i can share w hubby!!
hahaha.... yah, we have a wide variety of characters at work so i have to be very tolerant. *double facepalm* aka *oh schit not this again wtf face*

our Z's come with non-adjustable a-arms on the front, but you can get adjustable ones. im pretty sure those are available now. you dont need them unless you specifically want more neg camber. the car provides lots of negative camber as the suspension compresses.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
looking forward to my drive home in my GE.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Just saying Hi Mr. Kenchan! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pintsize725
Just saying Hi Mr. Kenchan! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
goooodPM, ms. pint! thanks, you have a great weekend too.

tomorrow, im still not 100% sure if it's going to rain or not so if it doesn't im pulling out my Z for some motoring. if it does rain, im going to be busy polishing up my G. either way, i will be having fun with my cars.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
GoodAM everyone. Hope all is having a nice sat. For me, started the day off with laundry... going to start taping up my G in prep for sealant. Its not raining yet, but I dont like to be chased around by the thought of having to clean my Z when I get home from my weekend drive. . Probably will start raining as soon as I pull out. Hahahaha.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Got done polishing and sealing the G. since contamination and haze was at minimum, only took about 4 hrs so a very quick detail today. It helps to use good washing techniques and to QD often.

Typically polish, glaze, wax takes 8-10hrs to do, followed by another 3-6hrs to detail the interior on a clean car.

Going to do the interior after a quick break.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
here's a sample of swirl free. this is with only 2 passes of one-step-sealant.

the last time i polished the G was back last Fall around this time.
drove the G through winter (salt and snow). no auto-wash, hand wash only and the use
of SprayOn CarWash by Griot's (waterless wash).

Old 09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
finished detailing the inside of the G. wasn't bad at all, 1hr tops. mainly the glass needed to be perfectly clean on the inside (how i like it) so did that and massaged the seats with LeatherCare spray. i found the booster mark from the Recaro is 99% gone on the rear seat. was a tad worried it might leave a permanent mark but the LeatherCare cream i used last time really cleaned things up.

the rear window on the G is a pita to do. i have to fold the rear seats down and lay on my back to to clean it. unlike my Z it doesn't open up with the rear hatch. hahaha.

going to pull out my GE in 7. need to run a quick errand.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
had fun in the GE. tires are gripping real nice and im pushing the engine a tad bit more. can't wait to get more negative camber dialed in on the front. vsa slightly kicks in through this one long turn. i am 100% sure the outer tire needs more camber. the RE760's grip significantly better than the stock tires, but with more neg camber it will probably make the VSA non-existent even if it's still running in the background.

also as i mentioned yesterday, the steering is a tad sloppy due to toe-out condition. i read some folks here are driving around with no alignment after the swifts. you're missing out on a lot, i think. and my alignment next week will prove this.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
GoodAM everyone. Hope all is having a nice sat. For me, started the day off with laundry... going to start taping up my G in prep for sealant. Its not raining yet, but I dont like to be chased around by the thought of having to clean my Z when I get home from my weekend drive. . Probably will start raining as soon as I pull out. Hahahaha.
Kenchan!! Saw where you washed your windows-spotlessly-i have a hard time w this our garage is finished enough to park inside -yay-Z will stay clean longer!

Also-ordered my pioneer HU today-it will be here thursday!! Woot!
Saw a Red Fit today-not tricked out like yours-just a plain old Fit!! But i did think about you when i saw it!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Woah, had kfc... yuk. Even the original white (breast) is too greasy for me.

I use to eat the 3pc crispy meal thigh&leg 20yrs ago and thought it was good. I couldn't even finish 2pc breast out of the 3. I gave the one to my kid.

I think I'm going to stick with my charburger and cheese fries combo for greasy food.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Kenchan!! Saw where you washed your windows-spotlessly-i have a hard time w this our garage is finished enough to park inside -yay-Z will stay clean longer!

Also-ordered my pioneer HU today-it will be here thursday!! Woot!
Saw a Red Fit today-not tricked out like yours-just a plain old Fit!! But i did think about you when i saw it!
Hahaha! Hey there, ms.blackberry!

For spotless glass, using the right glass MF towel specifically made for glass is the trick. Its a very short thread towel, almost reminds me of material some sport uniforms are made out of.

Glad to hear your garage is coming along! So you're going to make your Z a weekend fun car like mine?

Sounds great on the HU eta. Sounds like fun.

Yah, I was driving behind a Fit today in my Fit and reminded me of ms.pint and mr.onzedge saying they got reminded of me seeing a Fit. So I reminded myself.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Woah, had kfc... yuk. Even the original white (breast) is too greasy for me.

I use to eat the 3pc crispy meal thigh&leg 20yrs ago and thought it was good. I couldn't even finish 2pc breast out of the 3. I gave the one to my kid.

I think I'm going to stick with my charburger and cheese fries combo for greasy food.
i'm with you-YUK-the mini asks to go there and i refuse! Lol! Charburger and cheese fries much better! Lol

Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
i'm with you-YUK-the mini asks to go there and i refuse! Lol! Charburger and cheese fries much better! Lol
Hahaha. My kid loved it too.

Shucks my internet is down at the house. My wife is upgrading something.
Glad I have 4G.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?