General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so tonight's plan of action for the GE...

first swap out the gas pedal return spring to the softer spring i have...

then add 2 washers each under the front seat bolts. i want to tilt the seat back just a hair to improve comfort. i noticed both my G and Z's seat bottoms are considerably tilted back more in my usual seating position.

and finally, im going to be taking apart one of my garage door opener remotes to wire up a momentary push-switch that i can hook up somewhere inside the dash. i could spend $ to get a homelink switchbox or gentex mirror, but i rather have the button hidden away somewhere in the car so that some theif doesn't smash the glass in to push the button to get access to my tools inside the garage while im out. my home security system and camera will record everything, but the point is, i would rather not have someone smash the car's glass in the first place. lol

Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
ran out of time, but swapped out the GE's pedal return spring this evening and did a quick cleanup on the dirty spots using griot's spray-on carwash.

not sure if i will have time today to do the others after dinner.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
so tonight's plan of action for the GE...

first swap out the gas pedal return spring to the softer spring i have...

then add 2 washers each under the front seat bolts. i want to tilt the seat back just a hair to improve comfort. i noticed both my G and Z's seat bottoms are considerably tilted back more in my usual seating position.

and finally, im going to be taking apart one of my garage door opener remotes to wire up a momentary push-switch that i can hook up somewhere inside the dash. i could spend $ to get a homelink switchbox or gentex mirror, but i rather have the button hidden away somewhere in the car so that some theif doesn't smash the glass in to push the button to get access to my tools inside the garage while im out. my home security system and camera will record everything, but the point is, i would rather not have someone smash the car's glass in the first place. lol
Hey mr. Kenchan! You are so handy-i think i might have a heart attack to see my Z torn apart...
And duh on the thief and cameras catching it all-too late by then to save the glass huh? Too bad we always have to plan on how to deter the slimy pestilence of humanity.

Still missing you in that "other" forum though...:-/

Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20
Hey mr. Kenchan! You are so handy-i think i might have a heart attack to see my Z torn apart...
And duh on the thief and cameras catching it all-too late by then to save the glass huh? Too bad we always have to plan on how to deter the slimy pestilence of humanity.

Still missing you in that "other" forum though...:-/
Hi ms.blackcherry- after a while taking apart a car does not feel any concern.

I live in a safe community but we have a lot of random visitors. Who knows when one of them decides to do something stupid..... like a substitute mailman that tossed a package onto our porch today. all caught on camera. I will be making a call to the post office tomorrow.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi ms.blackcherry- after a while taking apart a car does not feel any concern.

I live in a safe community but we have a lot of random visitors. Who knows when one of them decides to do something stupid..... like a substitute mailman that tossed a package onto our porch today. all caught on camera. I will be making a call to the post office tomorrow.
What else are you planning for your Fit? did you post pics of the blue led install yet?
I'm trying to decide on a new HU, base one sux! Really bad. Afraid of installation though due to steering wheel controls..also next spring maybe a Fast Intentions exhaust...love the way it sounds...

Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
What else are you planning for your Fit? did you post pics of the blue led install yet?
I'm trying to decide on a new HU, base one sux! Really bad. Afraid of installation though due to steering wheel controls..also next spring maybe a Fast Intentions exhaust...love the way it sounds...
i did install the LED's for the ignition ring area and front cup holder area.
i dont' have a pict of them illuminating at night but here's the ignition one.

hummmm... Z head unit. yes, first thing i swapped out back 3yrs ago. i run pioneer HU's. if you dont need a nav the AVH-4400BH is VERY NICE! that's a 7" display and new version of the headunit i have in my G. if you have an iphone, i would also check out APP RADIO2 or newer.

As for steering controls, no problem. very easy to install using either PAC or Peripheral modules. metra has a new 'automated' one which i haven't tried yet. i usually run PAC and have both my G and Z wired up. no issue with programming, no issue with response time, very reliable.

if you need Nav, i would definitely go with one of the kenwoods as it has garmin built inside. but maps are not free like the nuvi i have wired up in my 370Z with BT ecoRoute showing all the gauges through obd2, and handsfree speaker phone for my droid4.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 AM
i did install the LED's for the ignition ring area and front cup holder area.
i dont' have a pict of them illuminating at night but here's the ignition one.

hummmm... Z head unit. yes, first thing i swapped out back 3yrs ago. i run pioneer HU's. if you dont need a nav the AVH-4400BH is VERY NICE! that's a 7" display and new version of the headunit i have in my G. if you have an iphone, i would also check out APP RADIO2 or newer.

As for steering controls, no problem. very easy to install using either PAC or Peripheral modules. metra has a new 'automated' one which i haven't tried yet. i usually run PAC and have both my G and Z wired up. no issue with programming, no issue with response time, very reliable.

if you need Nav, i would definitely go with one of the kenwoods as it has garmin built inside. but maps are not free like the nuvi i have wired up in my 370Z with BT ecoRoute showing all the gauges through obd2, and handsfree speaker phone for my droid4.
Morning kenchan!
Cool blue led! Bet its really cool in the dark-not crazy about orange in Z but will leave that for another day and mod ...
Thx for HU info. I will check it out. No navi so i dont have to worry about maps etc. i would like to purchase very soon if i can get nerve up.. Ugh. I will check it out though!! Have a great day buddy!! Back to work

Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Morning kenchan!
Cool blue led! Bet its really cool in the dark-not crazy about orange in Z but will leave that for another day and mod ...
Thx for HU info. I will check it out. No navi so i dont have to worry about maps etc. i would like to purchase very soon if i can get nerve up.. Ugh. I will check it out though!! Have a great day buddy!! Back to work
GoodAM, ms. blackcherry! when you do decide to do the z's HU, i recommend you wire up a rear view camera and rear fog lamp at the same time... might even recommend laying down some dynamat as well while you have the trunk liner out.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
motored the G to work this am as planned.

as far as my GE...i got a call from my local shop that they received shipment of some rota's so going to stop by on the way home to see the boost and grid in 16's. they say they couldn't get a hold of ET45's on either of them.

since im going to be running snow tires, im guessing 205/50/16 wont rub at the current ride height with ET40...shoulders aren't wide like summer tires. anyway, i should be getting my front camber bolts pretty soon too.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
hummm.... ups guy came and left. no camber bolts. tracked and looks like it got lost somewhere in the ups system temporarily. oh well.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
hey, i got my wheel brush that i ordered the other day. nice big size. this will enable me to wash a lot more surface area per dip too.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
woot, stopped by the shop today and im going to go with this one.

i didnt want to force fit it in my G (last thing i want are scratches on the panels and seats) so i will pick it up later this week in my GE. it's all paid for so no worries it walking away... i hope.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
GoodAM, ms. blackcherry! when you do decide to do the z's HU, i recommend you wire up a rear view camera and rear fog lamp at the same time... might even recommend laying down some dynamat as well while you have the trunk liner out.
woot, stopped by the shop today and im going to go with this one.

i didnt want to force fit it in my G (last thing i want are scratches on the panels and seats) so i will pick it up later this week in my GE. it's all paid for so no worries it walking away... i hope.

ahhh mr. Kenchan-i see what you did there! Just what i need-more mods! Lol! Good idea though-our new garage will be done soon so maybe hubby and i can do together the liner, rear brake light...not sure about back up camera, i'll have to think about that one...

Nice wheels! I swear-you have more wheels than vehicles by now! Which car are they for?! Alcheng is waiting on his new ones...do not remember which ones he got-oh well!

Have a great evening-thx again for HU info! Laterzzzz

Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Kenchan! I looked at HU-..dont need dvd player but it has all the other stuff i wanted
..do i need to buy this other stuff too?

Frequently Bought Together
+ +
Price For All Three:*$432.67

These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Show details
Buy the selected items together
* This item: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Built-In Bluetooth, and HD Radio™ Tuner by Pioneer $379.79

extra stuff:
*Parking Brake Override Bypass Fully Automatic Video in Motion Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD AVH-P2400BT AVH-P3400BH AVH-P4400BH Better then PAC TR7 by MicroBypass $9.99
*Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod/iPhone Interface Cable $42.89
*Mettra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) *by Metra
$41.79

Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
ahhh mr. Kenchan-i see what you did there! Just what i need-more mods! Lol! Good idea though-our new garage will be done soon so maybe hubby and i can do together the liner, rear brake light...not sure about back up camera, i'll have to think about that one...

Nice wheels! I swear-you have more wheels than vehicles by now! Which car are they for?! Alcheng is waiting on his new ones...do not remember which ones he got-oh well!

Have a great evening-thx again for HU info! Laterzzzz
hey there, ms.blackcherry! hahaha!!!

that wheel above is going to be used as my snow set for my '12 Fit. i do have several wheels now..hummm... i need to pull the stock tpms out of the factory wheels and get them mounted along with WS60's.

Kenchan! I looked at HU-..dont need dvd player but it has all the other stuff i wanted
..do i need to buy this other stuff too?

Frequently Bought Together
+ +
Price For All Three:*$432.67

These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. Show details
Buy the selected items together
* This item: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Built-In Bluetooth, and HD Radio™ Tuner by Pioneer $379.79

extra stuff:
*Parking Brake Override Bypass Fully Automatic Video in Motion Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD AVH-P2400BT AVH-P3400BH AVH-P4400BH Better then PAC TR7 by MicroBypass $9.99
*Pioneer CD-IU201V iPod/iPhone Interface Cable $42.89
*Mettra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black) *by Metra
$41.79
yah, i rarely use DVD these days, but it's good to have just in case you want to watch a movie. it's advisable to have the parking brake bypass sw so that you can work the dvd while the car is in motion. on a car like the Z where there's only one front passenger, it's good to have that so your hubby can watch movies while you're driving.

the ipod interface is up to you. im android user so dont use it.

the metra axxess is the remote module ive not had direct experience. i hear they finally fixed the thing to work as it should, so i would give it a try. i personally use PAC and Peripheral remote modules. the ones i use require soldering of resistors and manual programming. it's not hard to do, but the axxess should be easier to program.

i STRONGLY recommend you get a rear view camera installed!
GL!!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
hey my new camber bolts arrived this am. will install tonight when i get home. i dont have a camber gauge but will just use my right angle ruler and bubble level for now. once i have a good angle (per driving) i will take the car into alignment and tell the tech to dial-in evenly on both sides and fix the toe. basically i want max camber at -1.75 or up to -2 degrees.

drove my G to work again today so i think i will pickup the wheels tomorrow after work in my GE.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
btw, forgot to mention that my front tires are wearing on the shoulders after taking several(?) many(?) quick turns. this is one of the main reasons why i think the car needs camber bolts on the front to dial in more neg camber. i take the same corners much faster in my G and Z and shoulders are not worn like how they are on the brand new tires on my '12 GE. but then again both my G and Z are dialed in pretty good.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
plan of action for rest of week... as soon as i get home i will install the camber bolts tonight and hopefully have time to clean up my G a little bit (duster and spot QD).

tomorrow and friday drive my GE to work to not only play with the camber angles, but also to try the softer throttle pedal return spring.

pick up the wheels from the shop on the way home tomorrow... and adjust camber angle as needed. should be plenty for this week for the GE. hahaha.

play with my Z on the weekends (pending weather).

Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
woot, got home, installed the new camber bolts for the front. weird sized nuts SPC used... 15 and 18 or something. wtf

then took it for a quick test drive. yah, toe-out and car tracks straight, but all over the place. hahaha. since i wont be able to get an alignment for a few more weeks minimum, due to my schedule, i took them off the car. not worth wearing out my RE760s awkwardly with $25 a pair bolts! it takes me no more than 5min to install these things per side so i will put them on when i decide to go in for alignment.

took a quick test drive again using stock bolts. no issue. car felt good.
then cleaned up the GE a little bit, and cleaned up my G as well.

going to drive my GE to work and planning to pick up those wheels by late afternoon.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Did you just change the top bolts or both top and bottom?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?