General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
anyone know if the plastic gas pedal on the GE's look anything like this on the back side?

i found my old G35C stock metal pedal and was wondering if i could swap this out with the GE's. it's too dark outside now so can't work on my car at the moment...

here's what the back side of the G35C's metal pedal looks like...

the reason why i dont want to get the Honda factory metal pedal kit is the pedals are somewat already on the closer side to the seat (much better than GD's pedals where it feels like riding a kid's bike) i dont want to stack anything on top of the pedal to make them closer. i want to keep the pedal as far as way as possible.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey now ms. pint, if that was me in the Fit, you wouldn't be 'stuck' behind me. well, at least not going down hill...

how' you doing?
Originally Posted by onzedge
Ha! Me too.
why you guys pict on me? hahaha!!
Doing good Ken but you belong in Z land with us crazy nuts! Don't make me beg!

I did get my light overlays on today, she's looking sexy!

Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Ot

Originally Posted by Pintsize725
Doing good Ken but you belong in Z land with us crazy nuts! Don't make me beg!

I did get my light overlays on today, she's looking sexy!
hey there, ms.pint! congrats on your Z's overlays. any links to picts?

how's everyone doing over in z-land?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM
hey there, ms.pint! congrats on your Z's overlays. any links to picts?

how's everyone doing over in z-land?
Link: Nissan 370Z Forum - View Single Post - The New "What did you do with your Z today" (with off topic replies)

Everyone in Z land misses you. I'm about to offer up a bounty for your return.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Link: Nissan 370Z Forum - View Single Post - The New "What did you do with your Z today" (with off topic replies)

Everyone in Z land misses you. I'm about to offer up a bounty for your return.
ms.pint- wow, that looks sharp! it's like you dialed-in a nice tight look.

hey, thanks for the thoughts. im here so just drop from time to time to say hello! they have my email address per the registration. ive not received any comments explaining why the hell i had to see such post from the moderator. especially the comment directed at my Fit as being 'useless'...who the f-'s kidding. we talk about dd's because we care about our 370Z. that site for the last 10 months have not been informational to me. me being a member was held by that ONE THREAD we had, and they smacked the shit out of it, so . and it's like it wasn't just him. they support his comment so i dont need to be there. no sense of appreciation for the DIY's i did, all the info i contributed to their members...

Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
in other Fit news...

drove my '12 to work again today. was a fun drive. i still need to get use to the spool up speed as it's very slow vs my G and especially my Z. when downshifting and rev matching into 3rd, i need to considerably hold the throttle open longer which slightly throws off my timing. 250miles on the odo.

also tracked the clearbra roll this am and it looks like i might receive it tomorrow...

i should be getting a call from one of the shops pretty soon regarding some rota boosts they were planning to get in along with grids. i will check them both out and see which one and color i like.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
i received the 10ft micro USB cord so i will be wiring that up into my '12 GE tonight for my Roadster2 coming next week... but this is after installing a new full 360degree nightvision IP security camera for my garage/driveway.

the one on the house right now is limited in features, but this new blows it away.

will also check if i can use that metal G35C pedal on my GE. for the clutch and brake pedals, i will be using an old Nokia brand silver one that's been sitting in the garage. i still have one oem rubber clutch pedal cover from my GD days, so going to use that up first before switching out the pedals.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
so ive been using my griot's boar hair wheel brush with long handle for years and it's been great, but in order to do small 17" wheels with lots of spokes like the enkie's it can be challenging to get all the sides of the spokes cleaned up.

so i ordered up a short soft bristle wheel brush.

i dont use wheel cleaners. i know there are some fancy ones that change color and all, but i only use car shampoo (griot's CarWash) to do wheels. why? it's painted and clearcoated just like the rest of the car. as long as you preserve the finish with good polymer sealant (like Prima Hydro after each wash), there's really no reason to use anything stronger.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
hummmmmmmmmm.....

are you guys really sure the sport grill doesn't fit the 2012's? check here:

Sport Grille 2009 - 2013 Honda Fit, Honda Parts Super Store- Honda Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
ohh... i see it now. the left/ride edges are shaped completely different... damn.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
im digging this presentation of the RS.

Honda„ ƒtƒBƒbƒg„ RS‚ÌŒn•ˆ

Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
ok, so the more and more i look at the honda japan site for the freed, it makes me feel like im looking at catalogs of those high tech japanese toilets and bathtub units.

probably due to the non-offensive, very subtle, soft colors they use in their homepage. it's very conservative. almost like visiting the docs office or flying in a new jetline or something wtf~~ needs more color, more punch... WAKE UP JAPAN!!! YOU NEED TO MAKE A STATEMENT!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
hummmm... so i think im going to stop by homedepot or acehardware over the weekend to see if i can source tension springs for the gas pedal...

7/16" x 3-1/2" x .47" and a box of 1-1/2" "S" hooks

perhaps that's one of the several reasons why i was so tired when driving the GD back in the days for more than 25min at a time... the gas pedal return spring is soft. on my '12 GE it's not too bad though, but it's still quite a bit lighter than my G or Z's throttle pedals.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
and i think i want to replace the polished stainless plate frames on my G.

been using a warm hue polished color called black pearl the last 6yrs but i think im going to just get regular polished. i recently found a new one in my parts bin; i just need to order one more for the back.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM
ms.pint- wow, that looks sharp! it's like you dialed-in a nice tight look.

hey, thanks for the thoughts. im here so just drop from time to time to say hello! they have my email address per the registration. ive not received any comments explaining why the hell i had to see such post from the moderator. especially the comment directed at my Fit as being 'useless'...who the f-'s kidding. we talk about dd's because we care about our 370Z. that site for the last 10 months have not been informational to me. me being a member was held by that ONE THREAD we had, and they smacked the shit out of it, so . and it's like it wasn't just him. they support his comment so i dont need to be there. no sense of appreciation for the DIY's i did, all the info i contributed to their members...
Thanks Ken! Just so you know, many of us did appreciate your on topic and off topic posts. We all appreciated the time you took to work up the DIY threads and share with us. Don't let one or two douchebags affect your decision to come back.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Ken! Just so you know, many of us did appreciate your on topic and off topic posts. We all appreciated the time you took to work up the DIY threads and share with us. Don't let one or two douchebags affect your decision to come back.
Thanks, ms.pint! That means a lot to me.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
So tonight I got the new security camera installed on the house, 10ft microUSB installed on my GE, and took the car out for a quick test drive afterwards to ck BT....got me and wife some charburger and cheese fries.

I found that my LED's for both ignition and cup holder area look great! . Wooot!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Just got back motoring my Z. was a great drive. Cleaned her up, will do the wheels later.

Going to do the clearbra on the GE this am.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Finished clearbra, will post picts later. Turned out real good.

Running errands in my GE right now, will stop by ace hardware later to see if I can source tension springs...

Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
Could not find the exact match spring so got 3 different ones to try... this is for the throttle return spring. Will give it a shot in a few.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?