General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackcherry20

so i found out that the RSpecs are compatible with TPMS...but it wont clear the front caliper without a spacer.

so i will be looking at other wheels...hummmmmm...

Old 08-20-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
updated picts of my other cars in my albums page. since we dont get too many space for picts im limited to only a few picts per car and leave the rest for my '12 GE and random shots when i do mods.

anyway, ive been updating my security camera on the house lately adding more ir lamps outside so that i have better illumination via night vision. my cars outside are monitored 24/7.

also my porch has another camera that sends me emails with picture attachment when motion is detected....this enables me to see when the fedex/ups guy arrives and what he dropped off. i can also see when my kids go off to school, when they come home, etc. it's a nifty little device. search ip cameras for more info.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
ahhh, that's good info hootie. i dont feel like going to the dealer to get the tpms reprogrammed so im going to pull mine off the stock 12 wheels and just use that. thanks for the offer though!
Indeed, that's precisely what I had done with my Konigs and my TRM C1s. In your case I almost wouldn't worry about a "TPMS rebuild kit". Have yet to see one of those and since your sensors are pretty much new, I wouldn't think you'd need it unless the grommet was damaged during transferal. TPMS rebuild kits are just another fast one tire shops can pull on people.

you're talking about this wheel?

i had those on my GD... lol... they worked well on the GD. want to get something with longer spokes on the GE. it rubbed like hell on the rear on the GD though.
I have those exact ones! Where your's the regular C1s (ET+42 I think) or the C1Ms with the lower offset for Mazda Miatas (ET+30 I think)? The reason I asked, I rarely rubbed whenever I had 205/55R15s mounted on my regular C1s and have none what so ever with 195/55R15.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Indeed, that's precisely what I had done with my Konigs and my TRM C1s. In your case I almost wouldn't worry about a "TPMS rebuild kit". Have yet to see one of those and since your sensors are pretty much new, I wouldn't think you'd need it unless the grommet was damaged during transferal. TPMS rebuild kits are just another fast one tire shops can pull on people.

I have those exact ones! Where your's the regular C1s (ET+42 I think) or the C1Ms with the lower offset for Mazda Miatas (ET+30 I think)? The reason I asked, I rarely rubbed whenever I had 205/55R15s mounted on my regular C1s and have none what so ever with 195/55R15.
thanks hootie. yah, i think tirerack would be able to just use the existing tpms i have on the '12 stockers.

the 15x7 was ET42, i think..it wasn't ET30 or the miata offsets. it could be that the tires i ran had wide shoulders vs other tires. my car was lowered and when i had adult passengers in the back, wow, it rubbed very badly. but since i rarely had adult passengers in the back (my GD was mainly my toddler carrier at the time) i didnt bother getting the quarter arch rolled.

i wonder if WS60' in 205/50/16 would rub with ET42 in the back 16x7...

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
well Mr. Kenchan I had to register in order to keep up with your activities

Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZMan8
hey there, mr.zman! welcome.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
in a nutshell, my new 2012 Fit went from this:

to this in 6 days:

and im in search for winter wheel set right now..

Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Looking good Kenchan! Miss you buddy!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pintsize725
hey there, ms.pint! thanks. yah, im here so please check in when you have a chance. it sounded like you were on a modding spree or something? hahaha

Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
so a few days ago i posted that my G turned 8yrs old. i bought her new FIC 10mm spacers (big chunk of change for a spacer set) for the front wheels to tuck in the tires just a hair and also got stillen intake a few weeks ago as her bday present. she has about 32K miles.

my Z is coming up 3yrs next week. ive gotten her new wheels and tires this year ($5K+ set) and a new TWM biggie type-r shift knob. she has about 10.2K miles on her. im thinking about getting her some clear bra for the side rockers to replace the pair i have on there now. she has sticky 245/40/19 tires up front and kicks up a lot of rock and debris.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:49 PM
hey there, ms.pint! thanks. yah, im here so please check in when you have a chance. it sounded like you were on a modding spree or something? hahaha
I wish! Still need spring install done. Calling a wrap place tomorrow to get a quote on the taillight overlays plus a custom front overlay being made.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
I wish! Still need spring install done. Calling a wrap place tomorrow to get a quote on the taillight overlays plus a custom front overlay being made.
nice~! so you have the rear camber kit for the Z already? best to just get that installed at the same time. unlike the Fit, the Z's suspension is VERY sensitive to ride height so you have to get an alignment pretty much immediately.

on the Z, i'd get 2-3 alignments one initial, then once about 500miles in, and one 1000miles in.

when i did the Swifts on my Fit, i was amazed how straight the car tracked afterwards. honestly i think i can go without initial alignment because it feels no different. toe probably went out a tad, but it's well within my tolerance. after im done breaking in the car at 1000miles, i will take it in to get the alignement done.

good luck with the overlay install. the tails are hard to do on the Z for sure... not that i've tried it, just looking at it i can tell it's going to take some heat and stretching, probably.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
im gonna call it a night. been up since early this am since i had to drop off my 09 GE at the dealer.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member

so i found out that the RSpecs are compatible with TPMS...but it wont clear the front caliper without a spacer.

so i will be looking at other wheels...hummmmmm...
Really???? According to this wheel calculator - Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com, a 16x6 ET53 (stock rims) and 16x7 ET40 (R Specs, even if you went with +40 instead of +45) have the exact same amount of backspace... I didn't think that normally a wheel design was as such that the spokes would actually protrude farther back into the wheel than the mounting pad. Maybe I'm wrong...

Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
On 2nd thought maybe I see the problem... The spokes on the stock wheels maybe curve out from the mounting pad, leaving room for the calipers, and maybe the R Spec spokes are closer to if not flush w/ the mounting pad, NOT leaving clearance for the calipers...?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
On 2nd thought maybe I see the problem... The spokes on the stock wheels maybe curve out from the mounting pad, leaving room for the calipers, and maybe the R Spec spokes are closer to if not flush w/ the mounting pad, NOT leaving clearance for the calipers...?
yah, im not 100% about the R-Specs, but yes, the shape of the spokes do play a big role on caliper clearance. it's hard to tell where the manufacturers are measing 'backspacing' sometimes.

will check other wheels as well.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
drove the '12 GE to work today. was pretty fun to drive, but most importantly, im REAL HAPPY i fixed the rattles coming from the two recaro booster seats in the back.

i run the vivo boosters for my kids and not only were the recliner tabs rattling, the headrest support bracket was also rattling. to fix this, i used toliet shims hahaha. no joke. i only had one so i stuffed a soft squeegee on the other booster seat temporarily. i expect to have more shims today/tomorrow from amazon to replace the squeegee. here's what it looks like:

on the back of the recaro boosters you will see where the headrest bracket (about 5" wide between the two aluminum posts) telescops up/down to adjust to the kid's head height.

after you set the height, push the shim into the bracket. the 'steps' on the shim will lock into place. NO MORE RATTLES! woot!

now if you have a rattle coming from the headrest button on the very top of the vivo, cut a piece of hard foam into shape to put just a tad bit of pressure on the button to keep it from rattling.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
forgot to mention... for the recaro vivo recliner tab rattling, just stuff a piece of hard felt (or felt pads for furniture) into the tabs.

while the seats are new the recliner does not rattle, but after 3-4yrs of use, they tend to loosen up and start to rattle over bigger bumps on the road.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by ZMan8
hey there, mr.zman! welcome.
in a nutshell, my new 2012 Fit went from this:

to this in 6 days:

and im in search for winter wheel set right now..
wow! If I am not careful I may be confused about where I am! FIt or Z forum! Good pics of the car MR. Kenchan! No new mods on the Z yet, waiting on alcheng shipped K&N filters to arrive...

Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Rota SVN and Grid are hot wheels. You can get a set of them for under $600 shipped and they will most likely be better on the brake caliper clearance issue. I'm almost positive Grids will clear because I've seen them on many Fits on here and don't think ALL of them (if any) were running spacers...

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?