General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
Thanks. I may be selling these wheels soon, I was trying to PM you but it won't let me for some reason.

Sucks about the VSA and TPMS issue, Honda must have done it as a safety precaution.
hey vanct- i changed my PM option to receive from contacts and friends. i use to get a lot of PM's and just got tired of answering all of them..and asked they post their questions here.

yah, i would've bought an earlier used GE if i would've known this... but oh well too late now.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
question for your guys/girls...

1) size 74 LED blue...where to buy? (for above front center cupholder)
2) ignition ring LED... where to buy?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
my buddy alex at tirerack is helping me out with the wheel set. should have them in my hands on friday.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
gotz tracking for second batch of factory stuff as well.

only thing left is axleback and the ivtec decal for the rear door... and the led's. not sure where to source those?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
got my Droid4 cradle mounted just above the cupholder area so that i can use my phone as nav (i also have a roadster2 with BT audio streaming) or wat not. i noticed the power socket for the cradle was hugegangeous so ordered up a very low profile dual power socket. i use this on my Z to power my gopro hero2. works great. also ordered up a short 12inch micro-usb cord.

also mounted my new toll road transponder as well.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
tanabe muffler on order as well. the T1R appears to be out of stock. oh well.

so the size 74 blue led (one piece) and ivtec decals are only pending... anyone know where i can source these? thanks

Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
so i got #74 blue LED's on order along with iVTEC decals in black for the rear doors.

so i am done for now. i am still a couple of hundred dollars below $22K including tax for the car. not bad! will be using the rest on snow tires for my factory wheels, perhaps the mugen front lip down the road, and koni's or d-specs or some other adjustable damper set.

the '12 factory tires will be used on my 09's wheels as those are about 1/2 worn. the beauty of having 2 same cars, huh? hahaha.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
i just realized this am i dont have an umbrella for my '12. lol so i will be ordering a tumi one today.

the tumi umbrella's are great because it has an overlapping layer where it releases wind (that dont sound right... ) when strong wind hits it. ive bent so many cheezo umbrella's just from stong winds i could've bought a tumi one.

anyway, that should be the end for now.

was raining again today so drove the '12 to work. was hoping i can pull the G out today since tomorrow it's t-storms and friday im taking the day off to look after my younger kid while working on lowering the Fit. i dont drive my G on the weekends these days, but i suppose i will take that instead of the Z for my weekend drive. i dont want to leave old gas in there...trying to cycle it at least once per month.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
here's the motorola droid4 cradle mounted on my '12.

im using this adhesive thingie instead of the suction cup mount. works great so far.

I will be replacing that huge power adapter with a low profile usb socket i showed above.
also have a short 1ft cord coming too.

you can get it here:
Amazon.com: IG-PSTARA: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Sticky Mount: Electronics Amazon.com: IG-PSTARA: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Sticky Mount: Electronics

Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
oh yah, if anyone's thinking, but kenchan, the screen is so low you would have to take your eyes off the road~.

not true really. i have a roaster2 BT speaker phone so everything is voice activated. when im using google nav, most of the time i shut the screen off unless i want to see traffic.

that's the other thing i noticed... when you buy nuvi's and doubledin HU's with nav, you dont get traffic or weather. ok, so you might get traffic on your nuvi, but you also get pop-up advertisements... and unless you buy a nuvi that has life-time maps, you have to spend money to update your maps.

with google nav, maps are free, nav mode works very well, can see traffic too. only thing missing is weather layer, but i can get weather from another app so no big deal.

also people buying outside temp gauges embedded in their gentex mirrors. that's fine, but just use your smartphone. it's free and you can get temps realtime. what? you dont trust the temps from weatherbug/weather channel? why? you think your thermal couple mounted in your front bumper is more accurate? hahahaha.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
woot, my window visors and a/s floormats arrived long with maintenance stuff. will be installing the window visors tonight, pending weather.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
i can't seem to locate a reliable source for the ignition key ring on the steering column so i am going to make my own ring as i did on the 2009. basically standard LED + foil tape as reflector around the ring. hahahaha. it actually works well.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
woot, got tracking for both the led's and decal. should have them in my hands in a couple of days.

also got tracking for the new enkei t-forks with RE760's. ... but uh oh, they're arriving tomorrow instead of friday...hummm...

Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
installed the factory visors tonight.

also got my a/s floor mats which i will use later on late Fall. i have the carpet ones in the car right now that came with the car.

got the factory CF pieces, shift knob, door sills, along with wheelset coming tomorrow.
too bad the springs wont be here until friday...

Old 08-15-2012, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Digging the progress so far! As for the TPMS sensors and VSA, I honestly forgot to ask our master tech for the last two days. :/

Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Digging the progress so far! As for the TPMS sensors and VSA, I honestly forgot to ask our master tech for the last two days. :/
thanks! and np! ive been checking out a few civic si sites and they say they can still launch with plenty of wheelspin without tpms (idiot light illuminated). i will have to see if my '12 can do that after break in.

i dont mind dynamic control, i just dont want traction control when i want to launch.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks! and np! ive been checking out a few civic si sites and they say they can still launch with plenty of wheelspin without tpms (idiot light illuminated). i will have to see if my '12 can do that after break in.

i dont mind dynamic control, i just dont want traction control when i want to launch.
No its pretty impossible. The nanny cuts throttle completely if it detects that your having to much fun. Even if you rev it to 2-3k and dump the clutch

Old 08-15-2012, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
No its pretty impossible. The nanny cuts throttle completely if it detects that your having to much fun. Even if you rev it to 2-3k and dump the clutch
oh is that right? oh well. so the only way is to unplug the abs pump? i really dont need abs in the summer time to tell you the truth.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:19 AM
Just switch out the tpms from your old wheels.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
Just switch out the tpms from your old wheels.
I'm going to have snow tires mounted on my stockers and will be using them in the winter. Having ability to turn off vsa in deep snow is important. In the summer, not so much...therefore my decision not to run TPMS on the enkei's.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?