General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, rained today so decided not to pull out the car and cleaned up my Z's wheels and glass in the garage. going to look over some of the older tools i have and decide to replace them or not with new. i also want to get a small fridge in my garage... hummmm...

Old 04-01-2012, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
had to do some home improvement spray painting outside so while i was waiting for the coats to dry i metal polished my exhaust tips and also claybar'ed my G's butt.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
nice day out today. looking forward to my commute home.

this am..there was this one stupid corolla driver that accelerated SUPER SLOW from standstill. the roads during rush hour is not a practice course you dumbarse! hahaha.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
was expecting t-storms today but nice out. no car action planned today, just looking forward to my drive home.

i noticed this jeep kicking up rocks this am during my commute. he/she was driving too close to the median where there rocks present. with its ugly offroad looking tires it kicked up everything in its path.

so, i backed off 5-6 car lengths to let some hyundia or something get in front of me and i changed lanes... and accelerated off. lol

Old 04-04-2012, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
yet another nice day out today.... loooking forward to my drive home.

one more day and 3 day weekend! going to clay my G this weekend. probably use Hydro for now but maybe next weekend it will be closer to 70F and i can use my paint sealant.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
drove my GE to work today. going to be running a few errands today after work. this is wat i like about the GE. i can actually do something with the car for home improvement stuff and buying music gear. lol

my G sleeps at home today. all plugged up to the battery manager and all until Monday. going to clay the top surfaces tomorrow followed by doors/front bumper on Sat. already did the butt last weekend. too busy to do everything in one day. too many family things going on.

TGIT! lol

Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
finished claybarring the G today. did the top surfaces on friday and the sides today. used PrimaHydro as temporary sealant until i pull out my random orbital to apply the sealant maybe next weekend. after that will do the maintenace things one by one every weekend. oil/coolant change followed by brake fluid followed by endlink swap on the rear to progrids.

motored my Z both fri am and this am. friday's drive was awesome. this am was pretty good, just got caught up behind stupid drivers holding up traffic in the fun areas of the drive. anyway, will pull the Z out again tomorrow hoping for another awesome drive before such idiots are out and about and before the kids are out hunting for eggs. hahahahaha.

GE wise used it again yesterday and today for a few errands. not dirty enough to wash it yet, maybe next weekend.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
my G's going to look like an off-roader starting today since they started construction in several roads i use for my commute... dirt everywhere.

i should get a fiat 500 as my beater. lol naw, i think i rather have utility so maybe a used golf or gti or something...

Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
so after getting home i checked the paint on my G. it was pretty dusty and the tree sap that fell on the car didn't do any good either, but since my car was spotless this am and freshly Hydro'ed, i just took my QD (griot's speedshine) and cleaned everything off. i think the wind direction also helped too cause it was blowing the dust away from my car.

luckily the sap had not dried completely so i was able to get it all off. wheew... will need to repeat again tomorrow probably.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
allergy season is really bad again this year... itchy eyes, soar throat, stuffy nose, sneezing, the works.

im going to swap out the micron filters on my cars. i can't remember if the 2009 fit's have micron filters? ive not changed it yet since purchase. will need to check if the dealer does that at 30k or not. going to be sending the car in for maintence when the time comes. im too busy to do it myself. i know the brake pads are kinda low.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Just wait until you are an old man... Seasonal changes can make you ache all over too... There are a lot of times that I consider moving off into the desert.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Just wait until you are an old man... Seasonal changes can make you ache all over too... There are a lot of times that I consider moving off into the desert.
hahaha, thanks for the heavy.

so i found that the 09 fit does have micron filter in the hvac system so ordered up one from amazon for cheap.

Amazon.com: TYC 800125P Honda FIT Replacement Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

woot!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
i should be getting the filters by tomorrow. woot! i can really use it before temps go up again for another serious round of allergies..

actually the micron filter in my G is still effective, but to be most effective i read that the filter should be replaced annually.

so again i will QD the G when i get home. the spots of tree sap is a pita...! if i dont wipe it off all the work claying the car over the weekend is ruined...

and looks like rain this weekend.... hahaha, not a sad face. i'll be in my music room.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
the filters came in. will do the GE's first as it appears i dont need to use any tools.

will probably do my Z's as well tonight.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Did all 3 cars. The fit was the easiest cause I only needed scissors to cut open the bag and cut out 3 notches per side on the TYC filter to make room for the rib in the tray. Took no more than 5min to do.

The filter had not been chanced since purchase so it was filthy... yuk. Lol . Honestly I didn't know the GE came with the filter.. hahaha. looking forward to sneeze free driving.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
yah, most-definitely a noticable change in amount of clean air. i purposely didnt take any allergy medicine this am and drove to work. absolutely no issue sneezing or stuffed up nose. no teary eyes either.

then got out of the car walk up to the office started sneezing and my nose is now clogged... time to take meds.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
off and on rain today but was able to drive my G between rain to do some family stuff.
wife took the GE to run 2 big errands today. GE did very well with the cargo.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
no car action today... rain and high winds... not a good day to be outside.

looking forward (?) to my commute tomorrow.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Guys it's been fun...

Good luck to all of you with your GD's and GE's.

laterz!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Sold the GE?

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?