General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Oh hell no, Wayfarer sunglasses are as played out as side mount exhaust on an old Dodge "custom van".... I will happily take them off of your hands since my son stole mine 17 years ago... Wayfarers are like Bass Weejuns, Sperry Deck shoes, black leather motorcycle jackets and bikinis... They are classic and will never be out of style.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hahahaha, thanks texas.

i guess i wont look werd wearing it. was kinda rattling in the sunglass holder so i need to put a thin strip of padding in there...

Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
some light snow this am, no issue for GE or G.

yesterday on the way home i saw a kid test driving a GTI. had the dealer temporary plate hanging from the back and wat looked like the sales guy riding shotgun.

the funny is it was a MT and the kid stalled not only once, but 3x before he could get past the first stop sign. lol i was like 1st stall, fail... maybe he's wearing snow boots, 2nd time Fail... maybe he just sucks, 3rd time FAIL!... get a f-king AT you dumbarse and get out of my way! hahaha.

other then that, not much excitment yet. have 2 more days of light snow and weekend is suppose to be about 38-40F so still planning to wash my cars.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
not much car action today. wife said she's getting the GE washed today. it's almost a dark gray color from all the salt and crap. it's going to snow again but i dont care. i dont want LAYERS of crap to wash next time. hahaha.

this am's commute was fine other than some dumbarse in an accord coupe yes, an accord coupe of all shitty wannabie a sports-coupe while FWD donky car cut me off. he could've just waited 5sec for traffic to clear a little to change lanes but no, couldn't wait.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
We are supposed to have a high of 75 here today... The wildest traffic encounter I have experienced in the last few weeks was having to brake hard to avoid a herd of wild hogs on the road home from town last night.. I need to get the HID retrofit lights on the car soon or not be out on the roads at night. Since the hogs have gotten so thick around here, cougar sightings are becoming more common...

Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
hey,texas- wow, that's crazy. lone-star state is yet very wild. 75F sounds good, enjoy it. i could use that kind of temps for a day to wash my cars. lol

snow expected tomorrow. we are now on the climb back up past the snow temps so need to be patient for a few more weeks before everything turns to rain.

then my SSR's are going back on my G.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
so yesterday was v-day and wife and i, including the kids had a good time.

one thing i really hate about v-day is the total arse driving some folks have during rush hour. lol v-day brings people in a rush to get to their dates. also, i think it's an ironic popular(?) day for couple breakups. lol so people are tense.

the last time ive seen this kind of aggressive driving is after thanksgiving sale black friday. lol

Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
The weather man goofed up a little.. It ended up being kind of foggy until an hour or so ago when the sun finally came out when the clouds dissipated.. It has only gotten up to 71 so far today... I am hoping I feel like doing some wrenching tomorrow and the weather is nice.. I'm not spending another dime on stuff for my car until I have done all I can with what I already have on hand.. I really have a lot of stuff to work with if I can just get my act together and the weather cooperates.. The effects of years of abuse to my body is getting worse everyday but yesterday I reached the age to draw social security... It seems like someone I know is dying more and more frequently than at any other time in my life except for when in Vietnam... I need to get it together man, I'm getting depressed...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
texas- hahaha, got quite a bit of projects lined up huh? yah, i guess i'd start wrenching, eat right and excercise (walk watever) and make myself accomplish something everyday. that alone brings meaning to watever you're doing.

for me, ordered up new factory oil filters online for my Z and G, will be getting ready to do a change come Spring time. oil of choice for me is the usual 5qt jug of mobil1.
i will be doing a drain/fill on my G's brembo's and coolant as well this Spring/Summer.

for the GE oil's still at 70% or so so will wait until that goes down to 5% and take it in to do the 30K service at the dealer. i have no time to do it myself and i know the brakes are getting low on the fronts so will have that replaced. wife wants to keep the GE for another 3-4yrs so will be a good time to have the dealer look over it completely.

weather here was suppose to snow but rained. good. if it keeps raining and temps are above freezing i will for sure wash my G this weekend.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
You're right about walking... I have a couple of LWB recumbent bicycles I'd like to do complete tune up on and take off.... The roads here are lined with trees, hilly and lots of curves, not good for that kind of bike.. I'll spend some time out in the woods with the dog.. After walking up on a huge razorback hog last year and seeing so many on the road Tuesday a walk out in the thick stuff includes a big Dan Wesson .357 magnum or at least a feisty dog and big stick... Too much humidity out there to be carrying a pristine 6 shooter...

Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
texas- dang sounds crazy. the only animals i see in my area are coyote's and deer at times but they are easily scared off.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
blahh, getting all jelly over folks' cars that are all clean!

cleaned up my G's interior last night. glass and dusted the interior mainly. still need to wash the car... hopefully tomorrow.

TGIF!!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
woot! got the G all bucket washed up. looks pretty again. can't wait to get the SSR's back on. the stock wheels are really killing the theme. but cant complain for having very functional snow tires on. after each wash im using PrimaHydro to boost the polymer sealant. so far so good.

i think before anything i want to polish her up when temps reach 65F... i got some contaminants that will require some claybar. also the rear plate frame (black chrome) is kinda messed up from the salt. need to clean it up with some clay and maybe some polish as well.

wife's running errands today in the GE. so no car action planned for me. i might go out later this pm in my GE to the stores.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
wooot, gotz my oil filters yesterday.

no car action today. it's sunny and all, but still some salt on the ground. we're expecting 2 days out of the this week to rain, so if im lucky i will put out my Z next weekend.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
did absolutely nothing today car related. hahahaha. weather looked pretty good with lots of rain expected but snow also expected at the end of week. crap. wish it would just dry up end of week and all the salt would be washed off. oh well. hahaha.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
craps, my V1's suction cups failed this am while driving to work. i saw it hanging by one end, tried pushing the cup back on the glass and noticed it was flat from the cold weather. will boil them tonight to see if it can bring back the original shape.

i think i still have a new pair somewhere so will swap them out. if not, time for blendmount!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Woot, had a pair of spare suction cups for my v1 bracket.

I tried boiling the old pair. While it brought the original shape back it turned white. Thought these things were silicon. Oh well.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
but then, later on the whitish suction cups returned to its clear color. lol

here's a DIY.

Step1: Remove suction cups from the bracket.

Step2: Get a cooking pot, fill tap water about 3" deep, heat up till water boils.

Step3: Drop the 2 suction cups into the boiling water for 10min.
- by 10min your cups will turn into a creamy-white color.

Step4: Shut off stove, pour cold water into the pot to cool.

Step5: Dry suction cups with towel and let it sit for a few hours until it is clear again.

Done!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
in my music room i swapped out my florescent bulbs with 9w LED's. wow, so much power for so little consumption. price was about $20 each... dang expensive but i likes so far...

will see how my eyes like it after a couple of days of use.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
was out on a biz trip this week and the rental place gave me some chevy van to use. i noticed that the front door's pre-determined open notch positions were pretty heavily sprung where it would just pull the door open out of my hand when i gently opened the door to get in or out. i nearly dinged a few cars due to this as i would have to literally catch the heavy door from swinging open.. it had momentum like a fat woman's open arms running after creampie or something. lol

so that's how people's cars get dinged, i thought. it's not so much just from an arse or mean driver, but the car itself just spring the door open out of control.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?