General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
so during lunch i took my FitS for a quick spin to the fedex shop to drop off some stuff i sold online.

speak of the devil, i think my engine mount is shot. hahahahaha. it rattles now whenever the drive train rocks back and forth. lol looks like i need to get that replaced in a couple of months or nexts yr or whenever.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Holy crap its windy outside. Was driving down the expressway and a sudden burst of gust literally changed my car's lane. Hahahaha. Crazy crosswind.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
not much going on tonight...so going to pressure up my tires again due to the colder weather.

for every 10F change 1psi change in your tires (if you're not using nitrogen).

hope the weather holds up for the weekend. want to motor my G.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
pressured up the tires last night.

my work bb Torch died... need to get a replacement. ATT's sending me a new one. damn it. the last back up i did was like 3wks ago so lost quite a bit of data and appointments.

my DroidX is great so far.

looks like the weekend's going to be chilly but dry. going to pull out the G tomorrow and Z on Sun..hopefully.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
was moving stuff in my basement again in search for something and found that i still had the Polk DB525 speakers. anyone want them? they are like-new condition only used about a week or so. they are co-axial 5.25" diameter and very easy to install. i can sell them for like $55 shipped in the 48states.

please post up any interests here. thanks!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Damn this site's mobile view options sucks. I hate how the site auto detects and puts me in mobile view even though i dont accept to see it in that format.

Anyway stupid didnt just start today so im use to it. hahaha

Motored my G as planned. lots of annoying garbage in pos cars when i go too far west in semi rural part of the area. hope they clean up that area with higher education and modernized way of thinking.

going to take it easy today. only other chore is to pickup my kid in my FitS later in the pm.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
Been screwing around with my droidx. Downloaded lots of free apps from utility, entertainment, games. Its a great little device.

Going to pull out the z in a little while. Looks like im going to be busy passing out candy tonight...

Old 10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
So tonight after the kids TorT'ed bought some sushi sold at those jーsupermarkets. Man, tastes like crap. Lol. I mean its not spoiled or anything but just not good sushi. Hell, doesnt even come close to good sushi. And considering the price (north of 50) i think i would rather have something else and keep the change.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Got the pleasure of driving behind a 370z this am to work. Such a beautiful car. Best looking car japan released since the G35C imho.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
headed over to homedepot in search for those particle board circles they use to sell for making tire dollies... couldn't find em. needed to make my 3rd one for my GD's snow tires (well to put my summer wheels on during the winter and be mobile inside the garage).

need to check my other homedepot if they still carry them. if not, i guess i'll buy a square plywood and cut the corners. speaking of cutting corners, one of our staff got herself fired last week for shitty work ethics and lousy work.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Was a refreshing drive home tonight. probably because lots of crap at work is finally working itself out and becoming orderly. nothing like a day going home knowing you made tremendous progress.

Taking it easy again tonight. gonna play with my droidx and strike up some tunes in my music room later on.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
This cold weather is great. My fit is SOOOO responsive.

Going to swap to snows in a few weeks. Gotz my giftcard rebate thingie from tirerack the other day.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
finally logged in using my computer and noticed a lot of newbies coming onboard the forum. i tried to post as many welcomes as i could but there's just too many. hahaha. when i usually log in, im on my smartphone so only this page is bookmarked.

im glad to see more and more people are getting into these small wagons. 10-15yrs ago i dont think this car would've sold this well. actually there were no such thing other than that civic wagon honda sold back in the early 90's....

Old 11-03-2010, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
another crazy busy day at work. my brain is officially burnt out for the time being...

while at the office talking to collegues, customers, etc. etc. i noticed something about losers in general. they all sound the same. they speak in a language very consistent to their kind. ethinicty has nothing to do with this... they sound the same globally.

anyway, looking forward to my drive home in my GD tonight. took a breather during lunch to pick up some juice glasses for my kids.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
huh, i didn't post anything yesterday? how can that be. lol

yesterday took the FitS over to run more errands at the stores after work... mainly picking up some minor car supplies (like engine oil, applicator pads, etc) and some stuff for our kids.

btw, for tire dressing, Target has this foam applicator with plastic handle by VROOM. it's quite awesome as you wont get dressing on your hands.

it was kinda chilly around 38F and raining... my summer tires are kinda brittle now in these temps and doesn't want to grip when im trying to take off while turning out of a parking lot or intersection...

need to do the GD's oil change this weekend. im just going to use some cheap castrol dino oil from now on as im thinking using mobil1 is overkill if im going to be following the maintenance reminder. for my hobby cars that only drive about 4-5k miles a year it's worth the extra money and security to do the mobile1 once a year.

i also picked up a new LED flashlight with 85lumens that only takes 2 AA's. i was looking at others online but didn't feel like buying special batteries for them and paying like $250 for a flashlight... hahaha. anyway, it's much brighter than my 10yr old maglite running 2 D sized batteries + incandesent mini-bulb. and it being about 6inches in length and very light is a big plus. the other LED flashlight i use primarily while working on my car is about 3inches in length powered by 3 AAA's. it's also pretty bright for its size and it fits everwhere so i love it.

still a bit early to be thinking about winterizing my dd's but it's starting to pop into my mind. this year i have snows for both Fit's so should be fun.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
here's that tire diressing applicator i was talking about. you can get this from Target in the automotive section under brand name vRoom or Vroom or something... i dont use their other products though. was like $3 for two and it will last a long time.

or buy the same thing online at amazon. ive literally tried basically all the tire applicators from autoparts stores and online, pro-detailing shops etc. but this cheezo works the best and keeps your hands dry.

Amazon.com: 5-PACK CONTOUR EZ-FORM APPLICATOR SET TIRES & TRIM FORMS TO THE SURFACE FOR EASY APPLICATION: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more

Old 11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Motored my G, was a great drive. doing laundry right now. Taking it easy today. Kinda cold out to do the GD's oil change so will tackle that tomorrow after motoring my Z.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
Was hoping to get an extra hour of sleep this am from turning back the clock. Was i wrong... kid got sick, wife and i had a cleanup project. Lol

He's better now. Light stomache flu going around the schools.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
After the kid stabilized went out for a quick drive in my Z. Was a great drive.

Also did the GD's oil change. Nice and quick. Man dino oil smells like cristco or something. Lol. Waaay different smell from synthetic.

Headed over to another homedepot hoping to find particle board circles to make my tire dolly. No luck...

Going to spend the pm inside...kind of a waste since its so nice outside. But the kid's sick so oh well...

Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
ordered up some oil filters and other maintenance stuff for the GD/GE for next year.

also ordered up new battery packs for my milwaukee driver. both of them pretty much died after 2yrs. they did a lot of work drilling and other high load work so i suppose it's pretty much end of life for them. i might take it into the milwaukee service station to see if they can give me replacements as i think it's still a month shy of their 2yr warranty period, but im not picky.

one project i see for next season is replacing the rotors on my G. i also need to flush the brakes and consider changing pads as well since im changing the rotors. i might be able to get them turned but since im going to be going through the hassle of removing them might as well get a new set so i dont have to do it again for a while. just dont have the time these days to work on my cars too much.

im glad the Z is great out of the box. only did some minor tweaking to my liking and it's a great ride. so tired of having to have to swap out wheels, suspension work to make it look nice...and having to have to deal with alignment to compensate for the lowered ride, etc. etc. etc. no time for that.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?