General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bass and Amp - bass controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Bass and Amp - bass controller

I've decided after yesterdays payday it is time for me to purchase my Bass. I'm 17 so cheap is what I'm looking for. After looking around I found a nice package at circuit city for an amazing price. circuitcity.com

The reviews are really good and i'm pretty set on getting it very soon. I'm only learning on how to hook things up so I will probably have a few friends help out.

I do not want to replace the head unit I like the clean look and everyone that has replaced there's and posted pictures I haven't seen one I actually liked. Although I may at one point replace it for now I will need to get a bass controler because I dont want control the bass through the cars head unit. I was wondering where I could find a good small one and where everyone thinks is a good place to put the controller.

I have a 07' Honda Fit Sport.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I have my Line Output Converter with built-in level control tucked into the little pocket below the mirror controls. It's kinda hidden, and not so big, I can still use part of the pocket to hold my garage door opener.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Do you know of any remotes controllers that are userversal because the company Magnum has no other products because it is a company under Milek Corp

Old 11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
if u want a bass controller u need 2 make sure the amp has a bass controller plug

Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, I dont think it does. Picture is here http://www.magnum-audio.com/techsupp...stallSheet.pdf how would it be possible for me to control the subwoofer then?

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
The only way would be to control the GAIN on the line output controller. But to be honest, one of my friends isntalled that setup in his car and he didn't like the sound of it....i didn't either. I have one audiobahn ATB10AT and it sounds AMAZING for its small size. U can get either the 10 or the 12" for CHEAP, much cheaper then that setup ur buying. Plus, u'll still have lots of storage in ur trunk and it doesn't way a ton and u can remove it instantly in like 5 seconds. I used a line output converter from circuit city to convert the two front speaker connectors (behind the headunit) to run my RCA's. I chose to convert rather then use the high input connectors b/c i will replace my headunit later on and i don't want to have to re-wire my car. Here is THE BEST price u can find the ATB12AT with wiring. Oh btw i forgot 2 mention it has a BASS CONTROLLER!!! I mounted mine in my glovebox on the side nearest the driver. It doesn't interfere w/ anything at all. Here's the link:

Audiobahn ATB12AT - 12" 120 Watt Amplified Flat Bottom Bass Cylinder w/Grill - , Enclosed Subwoofer Systems, Amplified Subwoofer Systems - Sonic Electronix

Here is the line output converter i used. I recommend PAC or schosche cuz both companies know what they are doing and i have used both of em. Here is the PAC one:

PAC SNI-35 - Adjustable Line Output Converter • Utilize Audio Transformer for Noise Isolation • Compatible with 2 - 40 watts RMS of Radio Output - , Car Installation & Accessories, Amplifier Installation, Line-Out Converters - Sonic Electronix

Like i said, this subwoofer/amp combo is the best u can get i guarentee u will not be disappointed at all w/ the quality of this subwoofer.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I listen to a lot of rap do you really recommend this bass if I'm looking for al ot of bump. If I was later looking for a little more would anything stop me from buying another one and putting it on the opposite side of the trunk?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
haha all i listen to is rap mayne and this subwoofer is definitely plenty of power.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
haha all i listen to is rap mayne and this subwoofer is definitely plenty of power.
I'm not disagreeing with koolkevin1107 here, as I have a similar setup to his and I'm more than happy with it. But I will say that if you're used to listening to your music with a pair of 12s in the back (of your friends' cars, for example), then you'll be disappointed with the performance of any tube subwoofer. For me, the trade-off of space and cost was worth it, but while the tube subwoofers we have round the sound out nicely, they don't have that drop and punch that a well-made sealed box and a quality sub and amp combination would have. Adding a second tube isn't the answer you're looking for, either.

It sounds like you're looking for a cheap and possibly temporary solution to increasing your bass, and for that the tube setup is great. Your comment about wanting "a lot of bump" though, to me, would rule out a tube setup. Just don't go thinking you'll be turning heads and waking the neighbors and you'll be fine.

Last edited by DagerOne; 11-26-2007 at 10:53 AM.