General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Nasty Neighbour Hates Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Unhappy Nasty Neighbour Hates Jazz

My Jazz got me in a spot of bother earlier today. Some old guy with a massive van couldn't get round my car so he comes running up to my house, banging on the door like he was going to knock it in (it's pretty flimsy). When I opened it, before I could say anything, he started shouting and swearing at me and my @@@@ car. I said "can we talk like adults?" and it went downhill from there. I said I would be happy to move my car but he lunged at me, grabbed me and tried to push me to the floor.

Now, I'm a short, quiet guy with glasses, so not much of a fighter, but I didn't feel threatened by him because he was so old (I'm guessing he was in his 60s). I think one punch from me and I would have knocked him out cold, so I didn't hit him back.

I called the police after he had left and said I'd just been assaulted, but they said they were too busy to send anyone because there's a football match on, and when that finishes they will be cleaning up the drunks on Saturday night. So I have to wait 24 hours later until Sunday morning before anyone shows up (and even then they couldn't promise anyone would show, they said they would TRY and turn up).

So that's pretty much ruined my weekend

Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
What the hell... Well he's an ass. was he drunk or anything? Does he seem to really hate hondas? lol
very odd.. hopfully you'll get your justice soon enough though!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
slash his tires or something.. not like the police are gonna do anything.. report your assault in person at the station and bring some donuts or coffee or something heh.

if he couldn't get around a jazz then likely he's too old to be driving..

Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
What a jerk - even if he was old. People all over the world seem to be losing manners and their minds. It is sad when a persons safety was at risk and the police could not be bothered to even send one cop over to take down your information. Did you get the make,model and license of this guys van? Hope so. Hope you are OK and that you don't let him totally ruin your day.

Cat :x

Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i ****ing hate cops

Old 11-03-2007, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
that whole situation is absurd. and british people are supposed to be the ones with all the manners!!!!!

good for you for keeping your cool and not stooping down to that level.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned
Maybe your little Fit was blocking the road so that Massive van couldn't get down the road????

Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DogSlobba
My Jazz got me in a spot of bother earlier today.

I called the police after he had left and said I'd just been assaulted, but they said they were too busy to send anyone because there's a football match on, and when that finishes they will be cleaning up the drunks on Saturday night. So I have to wait 24 hours later until Sunday morning before anyone shows up (and even then they couldn't promise anyone would show, they said they would TRY and turn up).

What is going on in the UK with your cops? I just read in a classic car mag where a car (large UK Ford) was stolen, the owner knew where it was (being broken up for banger racing) told the cops where it was (from a tip), and the cops said there was nothing they could do....

Old 11-04-2007, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member

Wow. Is police service that $h!tty in the UK? How much of your tax dollars pay their salaries?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:28 PM
well the police finally turned up this morning. she was very sympathetic and understood we would have liked a quicker response, but she told me how many officers they have on duty at any one time. Guess how many it is for a town with about 100,000 people? 600? 60? No, 6. I don't know how that compares over the pond but I bet you have a much better ratio than this.

My car wasn't blocking the road, but there was a car parked diagonally opposite mine, which meant it was a tight squeeze to get through, but not impossible (he had managed to reverse around my car just 30 mintes earlier and now he can't drive forwards around it?). Plus another neighbour has a similarly-sized van and he has no problems.

Yes Pip, I would say on the whole we have good manners, but I don;t live on the poshest street in England, and unfortunately the genus Bigus Assholius can be found around the world.

Yes i got the make, model of the van. I can see it from my house! He lives about 8 doors down. The policewoman will go and see him tomorrow evening (he was out today) so we'll see what he's got to say for himself.

spule, yes my confidence in the police has gone down after hearing some stories like that.

i think we have less police per population than a lot of places, but I heard that we have more cameras watching us than anywhere else in the world. Even North Korea has less cameras watching its population than us! It does feel a bit Orwellian sometimes, especially when you see one track you as you walk around.

I did think about slashing his tyres, but that could lead to tit-for-tat retaliation and I can't risk him scratching my Jazz!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Good man, being the bigger man. I would be tempted when someone goes to that point but you've already got the police involved. Good job.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
wow that guy is either crazy or was REALLY pissed off, but i dont get why he got so mad about that? can you elaborate or explain what you meant by him not being able to get around your car? like just on the street or like into his driveway? i don't get what happened really..

Old 11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
spule, yes my confidence in the police has gone down after hearing some stories like that.

I heard that we have more cameras watching us than anywhere else in the world. Even North Korea has less cameras watching its population than us! It does feel a bit Orwellian sometimes, especially when you see one track you as you walk around.

I did think about slashing his tyres, but that could lead to tit-for-tat retaliation and I can't risk him scratching my Jazz!
Especially with the camera comment!

I sold a Volvo 245 Estate to a guy once that got caught by the police burning a drug house. He reported it, and assumed they were doing nothing about it a couple weeks later. Apparently, he did not know they were watching it!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't feel threatened by him because he was so old (I'm guessing he was in his 60s). I think one punch from me and I would have knocked him out cold, so I didn't hit him back.
I can handle him if you want. Back in the day I went up a few age classes for a title fight against an angry former marine and got a one-punch K.O. Now I hold the belt for the over 60 age class and no one has wanted to challenge me since.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow what a jerk..I couldnt stop myself, i would have hit him lol..

Thats crazy that the cops dont come because there a football match on lol, thats alot diffrent then the US..

Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spule 4
What is going on in the UK with your cops? I just read in a classic car mag where a car (large UK Ford) was stolen, the owner knew where it was (being broken up for banger racing) told the cops where it was (from a tip), and the cops said there was nothing they could do....
Well, at least the cops came. In South Africa, you would probably STILL be waiting for someone to show up.
What a meanie!!!
I think someone needs to go to Anger Management!!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
His name wasn't Victor Meldrew was it?

YouTube - one foot in the grave - classic moment

Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Banned
Notice the OP has not replied since first posting???

Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Notice the OP has not replied since first posting???
Yeah he has, look @ post #10.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Banned
Ok one post the next day then GONE.

Quick Reply: Nasty Neighbour Hates Jazz