General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Like the Sport Fit (also thinking about the Scion xD)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Like the Sport Fit (also thinking about the Scion xD)

First post here.

I'm a wannabe fit freak (and I know there is another forum here for
"other" car comparisons), but decided to post here if you don't mind.

Well, I test drove a Fit a couple of weeks ago and liked it a lot and am considering getting the 2008 Sport. I've also been reading some stuff on edmunds comparing the 2008 Scion xD to the Fit, and I think I need some more convincing from you guys to make a decision soon.

Tell me again why guys love your Fit so much?

I need some convincing....

Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
its a great value... looks great.... plus is mad fun to drive!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Retired Moderator
It has the best value in the market, and it doesnt look like it has the interior from 1985 Toyota!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
If this vid loads you can check out a comparison

YouTube - Comparison Test: 2007 Honda Fit Sport vs. 2008 Scion xD

Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
why did i get the fit. there so many reason why i pick the Fit over the others.
1) The value
2) 100% made in Japan
3) The look of the car, it mean sexy beast
4) The space, you cant beat, i had some buddy in my two which big guys football player one was in the front one in the back and we carry are snowboards, gears, a large cooler and everyone fit and it had room
5) The Fit is like rare species
6) Just get the Fit you will never regret it

Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I went to look at the xd after reading the edmunds review (they prefered the xd sightly over the fit) for the following reasons,it tracks better at high highway speeds is heavier and not buffeted by winds and trucks,it is more sedate around town shifting.I thought the fit was also hyper compared to my old legacy,but I really got into it,the mt fit drives like a sports car.As for the Highway lets just say I have put 17k miles traveling coast to coast straight thru and the fit excels.The fit was my 1st car with the cruise on the wheel,I will never buy another car with cruise on a side stick like the xd hosts.Its true that very occasionally I wish I had that little extra hp the xd boasts and rarely high winds will make me wish for a heavier vehicle.Yet I would say for the most part highway driving is bliss I average 37 mpg but once achieved 44.Sleeping in the car is easy,the cargo space is perfect.All that said the exterior of the xd is beautiful,the single interior guage is weird but better than that old guage on the xa centered between the seats,it doesn't have the leather wrapped wheel and alloys that come standard on the sport fit.But it does have that pioneer radio/player with the good ipod interface and has an option for electronic stability control which I totally want for my fit

Old 10-31-2007, 03:17 PM
The test drive was a lot of fun, and I may visit another dealer just to try it yet again.

I did see that video recently on edmunds which compares the 2, and the more horsepower on the xD is tempting me to look even closer at it.

There's definitely the "cute-ness" factor to consider with the Fit, and it's much better looker than the Scion xD from the outside (I think). The blackberry pearl will probably be my choice of color if I go with the Fit.

Also, I like the way the speedometer looks on the Fit, it just looks really cool as well as I noticed that some folks here use it as their avator.

I just kind of wished things like the mats, etc would be thrown in with the Fit, but that's minor.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Retired Moderator
When your working your deal you can try to add mats into the deal for free, ive heard of a few people doing that!

I sat in the xD after i bought my Fit just to see what it was like, and i felt like i was in a old car..The plastic in the cabin feels and looks really cheap..Plus i noticed alot more blind spots then the Fit has..I also think the outside of the Fit looks alot more upscale, it really doesnt look like a cheap car if you go with the Sport! If you end up going Scion, check out the 08 xB, thats a pretty cool ride!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
The Scion XD is a nice car but the interior appearance and the fact that there is a lot of plastic inside the car, turned me off. Also the Fit has handling and steering that makes it much more of an enjoyable drive. If you want something different or just like the idea of driving something you'll not pass 50 of the same kind on your way to work - then the Fit is for you. Oh, yes you enjoy doing mods to your car? The Fit is great in that area too.

Ok here are some visual reasons why you should go with the Fit

Could you see putting the Scion XD in a car show parked right beside American Muscle?

Just my opinon but then again I am a real Fit Freak!

Cat :X

Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wilkens21
I did see that video recently on edmunds which compares the 2, and the more horsepower on the xD is tempting me to look even closer at it.
HP isn't very important when it comes in a chassis that's numb. Sure, you'll get somewhat better straightline acceleration, but as soon as you have to turn all the advantages are lost. The xD is more "stable" b/c the chassis' been dumbed down to behave more sedately for the average driver. In other words, it's a boring drive. Get the Fit -- you know you want it!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Get the Fit -- you know you want it!
Hehe...I think I do...just need to some more due diligence before pulling the trigger.

Folks thanks for the opinions (and pictures/videos), it's very helpful.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Moderator
I also recommend test driving both cars back to back in the same day so you can weigh out the diffrences! That would give you a good feel of which one works for you better! Good luck!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up I love my fit!

I hope you weren't looking for an unbiased opinion--we are *definitely* biased towards our fits...

I could echo all of the comments above. The car is safe, economical and fun to drive. What other car can you get 35-43 mpg and still at the same time have friends grabbing the "oh dear" handles?! Oh, and there's 8 airbags if your friends are ever right. Come on.

I guess the one thing I have to really add is the "other car" factor. I love cars. I am always looking at cars. I looked at other cars before getting the Fit, but for me none of the rest ever measured up. Now granted, this was before the xD came out but visually I prefer the fit the xD anyways. No matter how many cars I see, I still love the Fit. After 6 months of ownership, I still go "oh man, that IS my car!" when I see it.

My only "problem" is that I just can't keep from driving it. I figured I wouldn't drive it that much since I bicycle whenever I can. Guess again. In 6 months I put 10k miles on it without even trying. It is just that fun and economical.

I love my Fit. That is all there is to it. I have never regretted buying it. It is unique, fun, safe and economical. I love my Fit. The only car I can ever see myself replacing it with would be another Fit(if they ever came out with a turbodiesel).

I hope your deliberation goes well...

Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Definately test drive both, but pay special attention to the steering response and feel. That is not one of Toyota's strong points.
As Chikubi said, it doesn't matter how much power a car has, it will feel boring and numb if theres no feedback from the chassis.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Ya, I'd say my fit really, really handles like a darn sports car, like it's on rails. I'm sure the Xd is pretty decent, but I'd bet you it doesn't handle nearly like the fit, I can't imagine too many cars under 18k that handles this well (a decent base for tuning, that's for sure), and I REALLY doubt any car in this price range has the same quality interior (and mine's a base)

That said, I almost bought a first-gen Xb, they're pretty cool (I never bothered driving one, though), but I can't imagine any of these cars getting 37 mpg. . .

love the fit!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Fits rule!