General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Si or Type R

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_EK3
If you really want to get technical.... The Si name plate was featured on all of the following models:

Don't even get me started on the models that were offered in other countries overseas, as even the Honda Integra featured the Si nameplate through 1994-2001.

Will we possibly see an Si/SiR model Honda Fit at some point.... well anythings possible especially with Honda. But at this point I would be more inclined to put my money on an RS model over an Si/SiR however. In terms of Honda bringing another Type R to North America, it's highly unlikely, as without a shadow of a doubt the majority of Honda Fit owners would likely complain out of their asses about the insane sticker price as the vehicle would surely be priced around or near that of the 2007 Mugen Civic Si Sedan.
sorry, but what are you trying to say? i don't understand what the point was of listing all the cars...

It was already given that we will only receive the Fit RS. Though its unlikely that Honda will bring over another Type R due to the profit loses they had to take with the DC2, i wouldn't totally rule it out as a possiblity . If they did ever make a Fit Type R it wouldn't be priced anywhere near the Mugen Si Sedan. Hondas may be overpriced, but not to that level. If there were a Civic Type R, however, then a $30k price tag probably wouldn't be too far off.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired Moderator
No way would a Fit ever be near 30k, i dont care if they only make 100 and they have K series motor in them, if they ever make a performance Fit it wont go over 20k..If they made a $30k Fit, people would laugh at them including me! A Fit Si, starting at 18k would be perfect and i would jump on it in a heart beat!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
No way would a Fit ever be near 30k, i dont care if they only make 100 and they have K series motor in them, if they ever make a performance Fit it wont go over 20k..If they made a $30k Fit, people would laugh at them including me! A Fit Si, starting at 18k would be perfect and i would jump on it in a heart beat!
So let me get this straight.... a Honda Fit Sport starts at $15,270 USD, and in your eyes if Honda were to make a Honda Fit Si "STARTING" at $18,000 USD, there is no possible way a Type R model could remotely near a price tag of $30,000 USD? The K20AR alone retails for $5,550 USD USED.... LOL You would also then have to factor in the upgraded suspension and braking components the Type R model would most likely come with, not to mention mark up on the part of the dealerships.

But why argue over a fictitious vehicle that will never see production, atleast not within North American anyways.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah mark up would likely be extreme if they made a small quanity..

And why argue about a fictional vehicle? Good question, but i wouldnt classify this as "argueing", we are just conversing about a car we dream about lol..

Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 PM

And why argue about a fictional vehicle? Good question, but i wouldnt classify this as "argueing", we are just conversing about a car we dream about lol..
I cannot believe that u dream about a FIT! Yes...No matter how u dress it up, it's still an economy car which wishes it was bigger. To have big plans for a FIT is like buying a Kia and believing that it is just like the "comperable" BMW in its SIZE class. This thread has made me laugh. The only one who makes sense here is JDMEK3 since he realises that this fictional FIT would cost as much as a G35. Which one would I choose!? Tough call!!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Type R varients are only ever released in small quantities, mind you it would most likely be more then the Mugen Civic Si Sedan received, but small enough to warrant extreme mark up.

we are just conversing about a car we dream about lol..
I surely don't dream about Honda Fits.... I originally bought this vehicle as a daily driver to get me from point A to B that occasionally gets great gas mileage, exactly what the Honda Fit is intended to be. I've now come to realize it's fairly ugly right out of the box, and needs some attention to detail, just not to the extent my other Honda has received. lol

Old 11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Well, i guess i dream about Honda Fits because i truely love my car!?!

Would i actually sell my Fit to go buy another Fit, no i highly doubt it..Its my first car and i hope my next car will be a BMW Infiniti or Lexus, something faster and more upscale!

Last edited by TOOL; 11-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
If you dont mind me asking, how do you buy a car, and then relize that its ugly lol?
Actually my other daily driver was written off in August, and at the time I needed another practical vehicle ASAP as College was starting just around the corner. I have always loved my moms 3 Door Hatchback Toyota Yaris RS, but am quite loyal to my brands.... not to mention it would be fairly stupid to own two Toyota Yaris RS's within the family.

Don't get me wrong the Honda Fit Sport is a great vehicle, and I truly do love my vehicle.... but it's an ugly duckling in theory, that just hasn't blossomed into that beautiful swan so to speak.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
So let me get this straight.... a Honda Fit Sport starts at $15,270 USD, and in your eyes if Honda were to make a Honda Fit Si "STARTING" at $18,000 USD, there is no possible way a Type R model could remotely near a price tag of $30,000 USD? The K20AR alone retails for $5,550 USD USED.... LOL You would also then have to factor in the upgraded suspension and braking components the Type R model would most likely come with, not to mention mark up on the part of the dealerships.

But why argue over a fictitious vehicle that will never see production, atleast not within North American anyways.

First off, you're calculating the price of the car as if you're modifying a fit that you just bought, that's not how it works. Here, look at it like this: Honda civic sedan DX[base model] is $15k and EX[top model] is $18k. If you were to calculated the way you did then this would be true:

Si seats, Steering wheel, gauge cluster, back seats, carpet, badging, rear discs, bigger front brakes, K20Z3...and everything else that makes the Si would probably total to ATLEAST 8-10k in the aftermarket. That would mean that the Si's MSRP should be about 28K with you calculations. But as we can see, that's not true. Honda doesn't take an entire car and just add to it and its price, there's more to it than that. So yes, a Fit Si would come in at about 18, no more than 20 and if there were a Type R over the Si, there's no way its anywhere near $30k, even with a K20R...and turbo'ed...unless it had an all aluminum frame.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specificcivic
I cannot believe that u dream about a FIT! Yes...No matter how u dress it up, it's still an economy car which wishes it was bigger. To have big plans for a FIT is like buying a Kia and believing that it is just like the "comperable" BMW in its SIZE class. This thread has made me laugh. The only one who makes sense here is JDMEK3 since he realises that this fictional FIT would cost as much as a G35. Which one would I choose!? Tough call!!!!!

First of all, i'd like to clear up the term "dreaming." We're not saying that the Fit, in any form, is our dream car. What we mean by "dreaming" is more of a synonym to "imagining" how the market would react to a higher trim of Fit. Notice we're not comparing the Fit in anyway to a luxury car or a car out of its class in anything other than value. And the thing with JDMEK3's argument, if you read the post right before this one, its clear that a Fit would never cost as much as a G35 (which starts at $33k *source:Infiniti G35 Coupe - Free no-obligation dealer quotes | 2006 | 2007)

Old 11-01-2007, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gotfitted
First off, you're calculating the price of the car as if you're modifying a fit that you just bought, that's not how it works. Here, look at it like this: Honda civic sedan DX[base model] is $15k and EX[top model] is $18k. If you were to calculated the way you did then this would be true:
You are comparing apples to oranges. The Si model Honda Civic Sedan is a mass produced vehicle with a "suggested retail price" of $21,310, unlike what a Type R variant of the Honda Fit would be. It would have a vast variety of performance upgrades that would be far superior in comparison to anything remotely offered on the Honda Civic Si or Honda Civic Si Sedan. Also considering over 9 years ago a 1998 Acura Integra Type R had a suggested retail price of $23,500 makes one to believe a newer modeled vehicle would also have a suggested retail price near or exceeding that previous price tag.

Ok here's another example for you.... the latest generation of Honda Civic Type R which features a 2.0 liter four cylinder with 221 horsepower and 159 foot pounds of torque (most likely the very motor a Honda Fit Type R would receive) retails for roughly $26,000 USD overseas in Japan. Now you cannot tell me in your right mind, that if that vehicle were to be brought over to North America that it would sell for less then the Mugen Civic Si Sedan Honda currently offers as OEM > Aftermarket.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
You are comparing apples to oranges. The Si model Honda Civic Sedan is a mass produced vehicle with a "suggested retail price" of $21,310, unlike what a Type R variant of the Honda Fit would be. It would have a vast variety of performance upgrades that would be far superior in comparison to anything remotely offered on the Honda Civic Si or Honda Civic Si Sedan. Also considering over 9 years ago a 1998 Acura Integra Type R had a suggested retail price of $23,500 makes one to believe a newer modeled vehicle would also have a suggested retail price near or exceeding that previous price tag.

Ok here's another example for you.... the latest generation of Honda Civic Type R which features a 2.0 liter four cylinder with 221 horsepower and 159 foot pounds of torque (most likely the very motor a Honda Fit Type R would receive) retails for roughly $26,000 USD overseas in Japan. Now you cannot tell me in your right mind, that if that vehicle were to be brought over to North America that it would sell for less then the Mugen Civic Si Sedan Honda currently offers as OEM > Aftermarket.
and you say I'm comparing apples to oranges...You're the one comparing CTR's with Fits hello kettle? this is pot...you're black. Sure if you take it out of context, it sounds like i'm comparing civics to fits, but if you had quoted the entire analogy you'd realize that i wasn't comparing the Civic price to the Fit's price, instead i was using the known values of the civics and then trying to calculate the price of the Si the same way you calculated the price of the Fit Type R. In black in white, this is what i was trying to say: You method of calculating is incorrect.

Dude, i never said that the CTR wasn't likely to go for about $30k, infact if you go back and actually read my posts, i said that only a CTR would cost around $30k, not a fit. Your original point was if honda built a fit Type R it would cost the same as a CTR. But lets roll with your argument for a sec...

Fyi, the 2000 ITR sold for 2,475,900 yen (which equates to $21,599.75) and the 2008 CTR is selling for 2,835,000 yen (which is $24732.54)

If you use that to calculate the percentage increase (usdm itr - jdm itr = total/jdm itr = total x 100 = percent increased) and it comes out to a 8.8% increase. Take that and increase the '08 CTR by 8.8% and you'll get roughly what honda would sell the CTR here (which equals $26,908.40)

"Honda currently offers as OEM > Aftermarket"

How can you say that right after you said that Mugen (aftermarket) is more expensive than Honda (OEM)? make up your mind.

You say that Honda wouldn't sell the CTR cheaper than the Mugen Si. Why wouldn't it? Think of it logically, no matter how you look at it, the CTR cannot justify a 9k jump in price over the Si Trim. They can justify the Mugen Si Sedan because of the Mugen Name. I already countered this argument with my last post. Unlike Honda itself, Mugen has to buy the car and then put the parts on, which heightens the price (this is the aftermarket). Honda, when it engineers a car, doesn't start by buying the car and then upgrading it with parts they just build the car from the ground up.

ps. you know that it doesn't cost honda $5500 usd to produce a K20R, right?

Last edited by gotfitted; 11-01-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
and you say I'm comparing apples to oranges...You're the one comparing CTR's with Fits hello kettle? this is pot...you're black.
I was actually comparing the suggested retail price for the latest generation of Honda Civic Type R model to a possible fictitious Type R Honda Fit.... as it would be more accurate to assume the suggested retail price when comparing those two models then comparing it to a mass produced vehicle like the Honda Civic Si Sedan like yourself was doing.

"Honda currently offers as OEM > Aftermarket"

How can you say that right after you said that Mugen (aftermarket) is more expensive than Honda (OEM)? make up your mind.

You say that Honda wouldn't sell the CTR cheaper than the Mugen Si. Why wouldn't it? Think of it logically, no matter how you look at it, the CTR cannot justify a 9k jump in price over the Si Trim. They can justify the Mugen Si Sedan because of the Mugen Name. I already countered this argument with my last post. Unlike Honda itself, Mugen has to buy the car and then put the parts on, which heightens the price (this is the aftermarket). Honda, when it engineers a car, doesn't start by buying the car and then upgrading it with parts they just build the car from the ground up.
You do realize that Mugen is Honda Motor Co. correct?. It's an OEM Aftermarket manufacture similar to companies like AMG, Ford Racing, MOPAR, etc. that are owned by the manufacture to offer its customers added upgrades that are produced with the same high quality fitment, performance, etc. of OEM. My point of OEM > Aftermarket was in relation to your comment about me "calculating the price of the car as if you're modifying", when in reality I was basically stating that even though it doesn't cost Honda Motor Co. $5500 USD to actually produce the motor, if you were to go purchase the K20AR directly from Honda Motor Co. that it would result in a price higher then that of an aftermarket dealer much like JHPUSA whom is supplying customers with a high quality used K20AR.

You also cannot tell me that you truly believe that Honda Motor Co. of America would actually waste the significant financial costs to have 1000 vehicles shipped to and from Japan just to have Mugen actually install the parts they've manufactured specifically for the US model Honda Civic Si Sedan. Where as in reality it would be significantly cheaper to have those parts shipped over to the US in a 40ft container where they are then installed after the vehicle has been produced, as realistically the only part Mugen needed to actually spend time manufacturing for the Honda Civic Si Sedan was the exclusive aerodynamic package, as the remainder of the parts such as, adjustable rear wing, exhaust, suspension, wheels, etc. were already produced by Mugen for the Japanese model Honda Civic or the Canadian Acura CSX.

ps. you know that it doesn't cost honda $5500 usd to produce a K20R, right?
This wasn't the point I was trying to get across at all.... because of course it doesn't cost Honda $5500 to produce the K20AR.

Last edited by JaySmith; 11-01-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
lol, i like how you went back and deleted your insult ^_^;;;

anyhoo, this argument really isn't going anywhere and can go on forever as, you might have already realized, we're both too stubborn to give ground to the other. Let's just call it a draw and agree to disagree.

But there is one fact i want to point out: Mugen is actually not a part of Honda. They are closely affiliated with Honda, but are actually not a department of or in anyway a part of Honda Motors. That's why they went bankrupt and was bought out by King Motors. That's also why the Mugen company technically isn't Mugen anymore, its M-Tech under King Motorsports.

but yea, onward.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM
The EF had double wishbone too :P

I think a Fit with a modified L15 (L16 maybe) putting out 135-140 hp with revised suspension, close ratio 6spd, seats, steering wheel, cluster, shift knob and perhaps different wheels and lip kit could sell well.

Fit A-Spec

Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
lol, i like how you went back and deleted your insult ^_^;;;

anyhoo, this argument really isn't going anywhere and can go on forever as, you might have already realized, we're both too stubborn to give ground to the other. Let's just call it a draw and agree to disagree.

But there is one fact i want to point out: Mugen is actually not a part of Honda. They are closely affiliated with Honda, but are actually not a department of or in anyway a part of Honda Motors. That's why they went bankrupt and was bought out by King Motors. That's also why the Mugen company technically isn't Mugen anymore, its M-Tech under King Motorsports.

but yea, onward.
One would think that if King owned Mugen, they would mention it on their "about me" page on their website. lol
About King Motorsports

Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
haha

i love it but im sure ppl wont be lining up to buy your 30,000 dolla fit have fun with your dreams tho lol

Old 12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
This is the most rediculous thread Ive ever seen. There will never be a Fit Si, much less Type R. You wanna know how much Honda cares about doing something like this...just look at how long the Fit has already been on sale in Japan long before it ever came here, and have you seen a highly modified version there? No... You all wanted a power increase for the Fit, well ya got it, all 8HP of it...haha go 117HP fit!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
2 things i just have to say:

1. if they ever did make a type r or si fit why would it have a k20 motor? ek was mentioning it like if it was a fact, that if it were ever to come to the U.S. it would without a DOUBT have a k20. sorry. not gonna happen.

2. the reason the CIVIC type r will never make it to the U.S. is because of the mugen si. honda had their chance and they blew it. car and driver quoted honda in saying that the reason the type r would never make it here was because no one would pay 25k+ for a civic. and look what we get? a dressed up mugen civic that in most cases EXCEEDS the 30k price tag. Honda blew it with that one. You gotta realize that if they decided to bring the type r over here, AND they wanted to keep the mugen around, the type r would have to be crazy expensive. I for one would have loved a no mugen but a type r for america approach. THAT would have worked.

No getfitted dreams of an si are not far fetched....his presenation was just a little too outlandish and unreasonable. Brembo's? come on!

For all of those who comment on the suppossed 'commuter car' status of the fit...i'm sure that spoon didn't look at it that way. I kid i kid! i do understand its intended purpose...but how many old civic hatches and crx's are ripping corvette's new ones with their performance potential? No one is denying the cars roots, but the possiblities are there.

A fit si is def doable. Make it around 17.5k, rear discs, slightly bigger front discs and rotors, standard 16's with low profile tires, a unique interior with more heavily bolstered seats, a close ratio 5 speed manual, maybe, just MAYBE a limited slip as an OPTION, (if not thats ok), about a .75-1.0 inch drop, stiffer spring rates, larger anti roll bars would all be in order.

and then the engine. The most extreme engine choice that i could think of would be maybe a k18 making around 170 hp. Totally out there right? yeah pretty much, besides the k series doens't displace smaller than 2.0 litres so i doubt honda will be changing that up. So that leaves us with the l series. Keep it at 1.5 litres, make it DOHC i-vtec and we are good. Should push anywhere from 125-140 hp and rev up to about 7200 rpm. That or a 1.6 litre version making about 135-155 hp and revving up about the same would be wonderful. Weight? the fit does not weigh that much more than some of the older hatches and the suspension does fine for what it is.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is your realistic version of a fit si.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
i say for a Fit Si we just get slightly better suspension, weight saving stuff, and the biggy going into the Engine. I say they try to make the L15, DOHC with real VTEC. im sure that alone will have most people buy a Fit SI. But we all know it prolly will never happen

Quick Reply: Fit Si or Type R