General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda to Begin Sales of the All-New Fit in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HapaLynai
I like those pictures! Does that body kit come with the stock RS overthere? Guessing...umm...Thailand? I noticed it as being the "active plus" style.
Yep, those are Thai plates. And a red colored plate means that the vehicle was just purchased within a year.

I think this RS is a sport ed. from the dealer. Not sure exactly but its definitely not after-market.

As you know, the "Jazz" is made in Thailand & exported to various countries around SE Asia unlike the Fit which is 100% Japan made.

I sat in a Jazz before and it doesn't compare to a Fit.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member

Really? I have done the same, and could not tell the difference. I know it is a matter of opinion, so no point in arguing, however....

Honda made in Thailand is subject to the same rigorous quality standards as applied to Honda made in Japan. Case in point: All Fit Arias that are sold in Japan are assembled in Thailand, and those incredibly picky Japanese customers have no problem accepting the made-in-Thailand Honda. At least, I have never heard of anyone in Japan complaining about the quality of the Aria. In fact, most people there think that the Aria is built in Japan.

Last edited by jacksan1; 03-03-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jacksan1

Really? I have done the same, and could not tell the difference. I know it is a matter of opinion, so no point in arguing, however....

Honda made in Thailand is subject to the same rigorous quality standards as applied to Honda made in Japan. Case in point: All Fit Arias that are sold in Japan are assembled in Thailand, and those incredibly picky Japanese customers have no problem accepting the made-in-Thailand Honda. At least, I have never heard of anyone in Japan complaining about the quality of the Aria. In fact, most people there think that the Aria is built in Japan.
Not sure. I just felt the interiors were less in quality & the engine was smaller. The suspension seemed different as well. But that's just my opinion after sitting in one.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the 08 Jazz suffers from "smashed marshmallow syndrome"?? and is starting to look just like any other car?? I think it's lost some of the originality that is so seductive in the earlier model. I am soooo pleased I bought an '08 fit.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by thaijim
Am I the only one who thinks the 08 Jazz suffers from "smashed marshmallow syndrome"?? and is starting to look just like any other car?? I think it's lost some of the originality that is so seductive in the earlier model. I am soooo pleased I bought an '08 fit.
i think Honda is thinking the Fit will replace the civic hatchback?