General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda to Begin Sales of the All-New Fit in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
New Fit

50+ MPG and even more power? I'll wait to see the true numbers in the U.S. models. That's all the craziness!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i hate that steering wheel they started using... was on my civicEX. wtf

Old 12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
believe it or not the pictures dont do it justice...watching the live video feed on First Drive: 2009 Honda Fit, shows it from different angles...i really like the flow of the lines, and the agressive front end...i think this car would look really good with a lip kit

Old 12-29-2007, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
believe it or not the pictures dont do it justice...watching the live video feed on First Drive: 2009 Honda Fit, shows it from different angles...i really like the flow of the lines, and the agressive front end...i think this car would look really good with a lip kit
Looks nice but I still don't like that they made it bigger..... The civic started out small and grew into a midsized car because people always complained it was too small. The Accord grew into a full sized car for the same reason, except in Europe where the TSX is the Accord. The TSX is as big a car as I personally like. Just my 2cents

Old 01-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Truth be told, this new Fit is one of the reasons why I bought mine now.

The car now looks a little too much like a Mercedes A-Class to me. I actually like the windshield on my Fit carrying a more distinct angle from the hood, because that makes it look more like a car and less like a minivan.

I'm not crazy about the little window in front of the mirror on my Fit, but that's the new thing (I've seen a bunch of other cars with it), so I have to live with it. But that one is gigantic! Wonder if it rolls down?

I'm sure it will be a very nice car for the money though. Although I don't have any complaints about room in mine (and I'm 6'3"), this one looks to have a LOT more.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
If they make the Fit any bigger they may have to start selling the Life in the USA

Old 01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by WhaTisJDM?
the old fit looks way better
While from the photos I agree with you, I think this one could grow on me

Old 01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I know you car aficionados already said this so I had to see for myself and I do see the resemblance to that other car....and I like the way the new Fit looks! But I'm more impressed with the specs and features but if I were super rich, then I would buy a car based solely on its asthetics.

<!--EndFragment-->

Last edited by HapaLynai; 01-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Tel1sps
If they make the Fit any bigger they may have to start selling the Life in the USA

That car is pretty sick looking from the front, thats becasue Mugen has tuned it though. Stock i bet it look like hell.

Tyler

Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
it im not mistaken the Honda life is turbocharged from the factory as well

I have seen a couple of those here in the Philippines and all i can say is CUTE! CUTE CUTE!!!!! hahaha!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sleeper

I have seen a couple of those here in the Philippines and all i can say is CUTE! CUTE CUTE!!!!! hahaha!
It looks alot smaller then the Fit... How did it look in person, about the same as a mini or smaller? A turbo car that small would be sweet

Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
How many mpg will the US 2009 be

trying to plan ahead i expect, to see 9$ per gallon soon in US,the bush gang is spreading the war in the middle east.thanks

Old 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
If gas were to reach that price you predicted then I would plan on taking public transportation or maybe buy those wheelys I see kids use nowadays. If I get tired of being in a bus full of loud and obnoxious ghetto people or injure myself from wheely-ing(?), I'll just buy a ski mask and a gun to acquire my gas.

But seriously, no one knows what the EPA miles are for the new Fit. There isn't even an offical press release that North America will even get the new Fit this year. Once we get news of a new USDM Fit it'll be everywhere on the internets.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sleeper

Here's the product page from the Honda Japan site:
Honda|クルマ|ライフ|Life 特別仕様車

I can't read any of the Japanese, and the various models all look pretty much the same to me, but I really dig the names...
make mine a Honda Life F Happy Special please

Old 01-21-2008, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
the Fit is starting to grow on me, and if theyre being serious with 50+ MPG and more HP. I'm all in.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tel1sps

Speaking of Life Tel1sps, you are a dog and I am a cat...where you been all my life?

Oh yea, cute car.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Banned
hate to show this, especially since I just bought an 08' Fit... oh well...

Old 02-27-2008, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
hate to show this, especially since I just bought an 08' Fit... oh well...

I also hate to admit, but these pictures make me like it! This OEM body kit looks good at least at angles pictures were taken at. Much better than standard RS body kit. LED's at extreme corner slots give me lot of ideas.

Ivan

Old 02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by ciburri
I also hate to admit, but these pictures make me like it! This OEM body kit looks good at least at angles pictures were taken at. Much better than standard RS body kit. LED's at extreme corner slots give me lot of ideas.

Ivan
I agree. The new one looks really nice in these pics. I mean REALLY nice. I like it alot. Then from other angles i dont like it.
Ahh, we just have to see it in person.

Tyler

Old 02-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I like those pictures! Does that body kit come with the stock RS overthere? Guessing...umm...Thailand? I noticed it as being the "active plus" style.

Quick Reply: Honda to Begin Sales of the All-New Fit in Japan