General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FINALLY got my new Jazz!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Talking FINALLY got my new Jazz!

My Jazz was late being delivered to the showroom, then they needed a few days to get it ready, and they dont work weekends, so my car wasn't ready until 4pm today.

When I got there, there was a long delay because Honda Insurance were using the wrong email address, so the details weren't getting to the showroom, and I couldn't leve until it was sorted out.

We were hoping to spend the day driving around, but by the time we left, rush hour traffic was building up, it was getting dark (the sun is setting about 5pm here at the moment), and we were both feeling faint with hunger because we didn't expect to be so long at the showroom. So our first drive was spent crawling in heavy traffic, in the dark, to a KFC.

Still, the CVT is freakin awesome. If I'm careful, the revs hardly stray above 2k (obviously more if I'm going up hill etc) so I think it will be v economical even in the city.

I'm working through the instruction manual at the moment. It has page after page on seatbelts. Enough with the seatbelts! It also has useful tips like "do not remove the ignition key while driving".

I took a pic of the inside before the light faded too much (my camera doesnt have a flash). You cant see it in the pic, but there is a button which folds in the door mirrors when u park. Do you have that option over the pond, or is just for our crowded roads in europe? just wondering.

We're both off work tomorrow, so we're going to head to down to Nottingham to Hooters (the only branch in the UK i think) to give the Jazz a proper run. My Mrs really likes their chicken wings. I'm like 'if you REALLY want to go somewhere with lots of hot scantily-clad women, I SUPPOSE I will go. I'll do it for you.'

Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Congratz on the new Jazz man, sounds like a crazy day! I know the day i bought my Fit we were at the dealership pretty much all day and i was drained by the time we signed the papers..Anyway enjoy your new ride!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family - send us some pictures when you can. Any mods planned for the Jazz?

Cat :x

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
WOW WOW congrates Welcome to the Team!!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome, Yeah Here in Japan you get the automatic folding mirrors too!
I've only used it a few times, as I usually try to park in not so tight places

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Is that a remote start engine on the steering (right side) or Cruise Control on/off?

Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I think it the 7 mode Transmission button

Old 10-16-2007, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Hey, welcome to the site!
Congrats on your Jazz, what colour is it?
Post some more pics.....
Ive also got the folding mirrors, I love them!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
I have been "dreaming" about the folding mirrors with indicators! Is this a direct swap to USDM Fit?

And what is a "7 mode tranny button"?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by martymcfly
And what is a "7 mode tranny button"?
With the CVT Fits, you hit that button and it "emulates" a transmission with 7 gears.

Looking at that dash... Where is the rear defroster button?

Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks for the welcome guys

the button on the steering wheel is, as rich says, a mode you can select to make the CVT 'pretend' it's a 7 speed normal automatic. there are paddels on the steering wheel to change up and down. i'm just leaving it in D for now while I break the engine in. unfortuneately, we dont have cruise control for UK jazz/fits I dont know why Honda can't just give every country the same options. (And give them the same name!)

the button for the rear defroster is next to the air circulation control. it's on the left above the three dials. it also activates the heated mirrors.

what strange dreams you have marty!

i wish the mirrors folded automatically instead of me having to remember to press the button and wait for them to fold before i switch the engine off. they are definately useful here though. sometimes our parking spaces are so cramped you can only open your door enough to just about get out, then you have to walk sideways to get to the end of your vehicle. having the mirrors folded up means they're less likely to get scraped or knocked.

i've no mods planned for the moment, cat. i modded up my last car and blew the engine, so the only mod i'm going for soon will be the armrest. maybe when the warranty has run out i'll slap in a K&N air filter because it made a big difference to my last car. Are there remaps for the jazz/fit?

suzi, the colour is metallic black. i wish we could have stretched to the sport version, but even so, i have to say, it looks pretty freakin awesome

i'm lovin how the car handles. it can be nice n smooth, or you can nip in and out of lanes in heavy traffic the only thing I'm having a problem with is the seat. it gave me neck and back pain so i keep adjusting the angle, height of the chair, steering wheel angle and position of chair.