General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Truth About Window Visors??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
The Truth About Window Visors??

Ok folks throw style out the window. What purpose do the window visors provide? I personally don't like the way they look, but I am one of those that look to function before fashion at times.

Do they reduce the wind noise when cruising with the windows down?

Do they keep the rain out any better when you drive in the rain with your windows cracked open?

I have been on the fence about buying some but if they dont make much difference and its all about style, then my credit card goes back in my wallet...

Last edited by FITrunner; 10-15-2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
well, mugen claims that theirs improves aerodynamics.

claims.

I bought them and they do keep the rain out when you crack the windows open a little bit. As far as wind noise at speed...i couldn't tell if there was a difference. They also provide a tad bit more shad from the sun, although I dont believe that was something that they had intended as one of its primary functions.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains a LOT, so the visors make sense for me to have because I love my fresh air. Also they to keep the sun out a bit more as for wind noise, I couldn't tell you, the car is pretty loud at high speed anyways.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
okay i use my visors almost EVERYDAY for some purpose or another. Lets start out by telling you i have the mugen visors:

On the streets, with the windows rolled down i don't really see a big change. With the windows cracked to the rubber lining, again there isn't much change.

Now for highway, when i'm cruising at 65+ mph with the windows all the way down (either 2 or all 4), there is a SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION in wind noise! It's much more quieter while i drive cuz i don't hear the wind trying 2 force itself inside my car. Another thing, the wind doesn't blow into my face like it did before. I can have my windows down and not have my hair come out all messed up when i stop.

Another highway thing, if u crack the mugen visors up to the weather strip and slide the AC vent to the open position, it feels like the fan's are on and on full power (#4 on the dial). There is such a suction being created by the visors that the vents are actually blowing air through the vents. Don't believe me? close the windows completely and u'll see the air will stop coming out of the vents.

Now since its been raining the past couple of days here in socal, i've been driving in the rain a lot so i put my visors to the test. I cracked it open to the rubber lining again and was driving while having fresh air blow through the cabin without letting ONE DROP of rain inside the car. AT night, i had 4 people in the car. Well the windows were starting to fog up. So i cracked the windows to the rubber lining again. In about 30 seconds, the windows cleared up!!

OK about summer time, everybody that lives in socal knows that it gets friggin hot in the car!! So whenever i left my car parked, i would crack my windows JUST ABOVE the rubber lining on the visor to let the air circulate without making it a big enough gap for people to notice. Since i have 15% tint on my car, the visors (around 15-20% tinted itself) made it look like my windows are rolled up all the way. The only way to actually tell would be to go right up to the visor and focus.

Those are all the advantages to the mugen visors. I don't know about the honda access ones but i'm pretty sure they do the same thing but are slimmer.

On a side note, Fedex just brought my LCD wall mount. w00t w00t!!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned
My description of the functions of the Mugen visors would be the same as Kevin's- they work as advertised.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Retired Moderator
How much are the Mugen window visors?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
How much are the Mugen window visors?
Price varies by seller and circumstances (sales, etc.). I got mine from King Motorsports, but I don't remember the exact price- maybe $109. ?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
i would have to agree with koolkevin1107

there is a noticeable difference in highway driving with wind noise
and it does deflect rain
and plus i like the added jdm touch on the outside

-Ricky

Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I ordered my Mugen Visors from King Motorsports and they were awesome to work with. I ordered on 10/7/07 and they were sitting in my living room on 10/10/07. That was really fast. I ordered the Mugen Door Sills and everything is getting installed tomorrow. I can't wait! Took a vacation day from work so I could get it done without sweating going back to work. I ordered Mugen Shoulder Straps and Mugen Neck pillows off E-bay and got half of my order in today. Should get the rest in tomorrow. Planning to put the Fit in a car show on Sunday if the weather is good.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Price varies by seller and circumstances (sales, etc.). I got mine from King Motorsports, but I don't remember the exact price- maybe $109. ?
Thats not bad, sounds like they do alot for the price!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
they are around 132-150 if i recall correctly

Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
I looked at the Mugen ones but liked the style of the Weathertech ones better. They clip in the window channel so no sticking on the outside plus the come all the way down to the top of the door behind the mirror. They reduce a lot of wind noise and help when it rains....Hope that helps.....