General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

is the fit a target for bad drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 AM
I also noticed alot of assh#le drivers trying to cut me off, pass me or tailgate me. And most are either those BIG REDNECK GMC/FORD trucks or a stupid SUV! Either they hate Japanese cars or they hate small cars, or maybe both! But I also get some riced-up civics or accords (often driven by gang members) that do the same. Or perhaps I just live in a city where there are much higher proportion of stupid drivers than normal. After all, Fresno isn't called the armpit of California for nothing!

I'm a firm believer that an intelligence test should accompany every DMV test. There are too many illiterate and stupid people who have a hard time understanding that red light means "STOP" and green light means "GO", and what "RIGHT OF WAY" means. The majority of accidents are due to impulsive, wreckless actions by drivers with "barely graduated from high school" IQs, trying to act macho, tough or cool.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricks0slick
Hey I wouldn't mind racing, just pick on your own size! that means you, yaris, scion xWHATEVER, versa, etc.
that's what i'm talking about!!!

i also was thinking maybe it's because the other drivers think we're ricers and we're going to be jerks to them first, so they might as well get a jab or two in. especially with my blinding bright red fit

Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
yea stuff happens like that all the time with the fit...drive safe that's all i can say...or keep smaller gaps from the car in front of you...

Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 AM
i get that here and there where ppl either cut me off or just straight up start tail gating like shit...its happend to me too many times that sometimes i tend to retaliate on these ppl...

for example, someone cuts me off cuz their lane is going too slow...if i were to switch into a faster lane and they wanna switch too...sometimes i just leave myself like half a car ahead of them so that they can't really go anywhere...or if i try to leave a space between someone tailgating, if they keep doing it, i like the infamous "break check"(kinda gets them scared, either they back off, or switch lanes....) bear in mind, if they hit you, its their fault cuz they're right behind you...

Old 10-10-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Well, my story goes like this.
I was driving home last night and I get to a red robot. Next to me pulls up a Ford/Toyota double cab pickup with a bunch of guys inside. Cant remember what it was cos I wasnt actually caring what it was. So the robot turns green and I pull off first and fast and carry on down the road, to get to the next red robot. Again the pickup pulls up next to me. Now when the robot changed to green, he decided to do a massive wheelspin and beat me off the line. So Im just laughing as I pull off, what did he think? That I was trying to race him?? So once again, we both come to a red robot. This time when it turned green we both pull away like decent people, and I'm finding this all the more amusing. NEXT thing I know, I see the side window open and a pair of the whitest cheeks being flashed to me, ONE OF THE GUYS WAS MOONING ME!!!! I was laughing so hard!!! What a bunch of morons!!! What did I do to deserve that??? It was funny though....

Old 10-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
i pull up next to him, turns out he's on his phone, so i called the company and complained about how dangerous this guy was.

I'm glad you did this, there's been so many times I've wanted to do the same because of truck drivers driving dangerously but never actually do it..

Old 10-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by bluemeanie
The majority of accidents are due to impulsive, wreckless actions by drivers with "barely graduated from high school" IQs, trying to act macho, tough or cool.
Actually, not to knock down your point, but the majority of accidents are actually due to CARELESS driving - as in, people who aren't paying attention because they're doing something else, eating, talking on the phone, looking through CD's etc..

Old 10-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by SpOrtSTyleGD3
i like the infamous "break check"(kinda gets them scared, either they back off, or switch lanes....) bear in mind, if they hit you, its their fault cuz they're right behind you...

Again, not to step on any toes, but if the other driver can prove in court that you unneccasarily applied the brakes to frighten or intimidate them, you could actually be held responsible..

Last edited by storm88000; 10-12-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 AM
I actually noticed this somewhat as well. Ever since I got my Fit people seem to cut things closer to me. The best is when somebody just can't stand the thought of getting passed by a little car, so they speed up and won't let you by!

I thought all of that was kind of amusing, if a little annoying, till somebody hit me .

I was driving along a 5 lane road (2 lanes each direction, and a turn-lane) in the right lane going the speed limit (35). This lady pulled out of a bank parking lot on the left hand side of the street and just drove right into me . She said she just didn't see me, and now my car is probably totaled. She also had an expired driver’s license and no car insurance...

So anyway, a word of warning... It may seem funny that people cut you off and stuff but eventually one might not see you at all and cause an accident.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen
I actually noticed this somewhat as well. Ever since I got my Fit people seem to cut things closer to me. The best is when somebody just can't stand the thought of getting passed by a little car, so they speed up and won't let you by!

I thought all of that was kind of amusing, if a little annoying, till somebody hit me .

I was driving along a 5 lane road (2 lanes each direction, and a turn-lane) in the right lane going the speed limit (35). This lady pulled out of a bank parking lot on the left hand side of the street and just drove right into me . She said she just didn't see me, and now my car is probably totaled. She also had an expired driver’s license and no car insurance...

So anyway, a word of warning... It may seem funny that people cut you off and stuff but eventually one might not see you at all and cause an accident.
Man, that sucks!! Sorry to hear that. Hope she pays dearly for her ignorant mistake. She's obviously never heard of a thing called "responsibility", like having insurance and an up to date drivers licence, and perhaps LOOKING WHERE SHE WAS GOING.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
On several occasions people have tried to move into my lane while I was right next to them. Thank goodness for the Fit's Cat-like handling!

I assumed it was because my car is silver and harder to see, especially when it is overcast out. I try not to be in people's blind zones, but perhaps because the Fit is a short car it is easier to miss when changing lanes.

I turn on my headlights whenever it is raining or cloudy out.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
ok i understand that the car is small and some drivers "may not" see you... but why that does not explain the constant excessive tailgaiting by huge cars..... i mean WTF!!!!!! i do not drive slow at all.... so why are all these massive SUV's and pick up trucks tailgate me?!?!?!?!?!?! and appearently many other ppl its bullshit... i wish i could confiscate driverls licenses

Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen

that's absolutely terrible, i'm sorry

i just had another close call this morning on my way to work: i was going 30 mph in a 30 when this car that was stopped at a side road turned in front of me, after sitting there for a while, i guess deciding to go or wait. so he ends up turning and i have to slam on my brakes and come to a complete stop.

i don't understand the way people think while driving.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
i think it's the lack of thinking?????

Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
i think it's the lack of thinking?????
touche

i wish everyone liked their cars as much as we do, that way they might actually give a crap if they get in an accident.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i mean the fit is no uber expensive exotic.... but still its not cheap and the biggest investment i ever made..... i dont want it getting ****ed up... i baby it and cant stand ppl who have 0 reguard for me or my car..... i mean wtf?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Firebat666
yeah i mean the fit is no uber expensive exotic.... but still its not cheap and the biggest investment i ever made..... i dont want it getting ****ed up... i baby it and cant stand ppl who have 0 reguard for me or my car..... i mean wtf?
i feel the same way. it's my baby and i'm working my butt off to pay for it.

still, i can't imagine how protective i'd be of a reaaaaally nice car if i ever get one, haha.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
hahaha same... if i ever get my dream car... a corvete ZO6 NO ONE!!!!!! will touch her but me! and if ever i shall park her she will take up like 50 spaces..... or i'll hire some one to watch it lol i already take up 2 spaces in the fit when ever possible so no 1 touches the car...

Old 10-13-2007, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
oh yeah i usually do too, haha.

except this morning my dad pointed out a big dent in my rear driver side door. there's no paint damage or scratches or anything, but he's going to take it to his shop to have one of his guys fix it for me.

i was extremely unhappy this morning