General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Buying a JDM Armrest in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Buying a JDM Armrest in the UK

Hi All,

I know there is an armrest thread over in the interior discussion, but I couldnt find the info I was looking for in there.

Just got my SSM 2008 - really impressed so far (particularly with the $33 tank fill!). Had it undercoated - road noise reduction was noticeable (i'd say 30%) - would reccomend it for the money <$200

Like many others I am now on a quest for an armrest, and now find myself taking an unexpected trip to England. I was hoping that I might be able to pick up a JDM armrest while I am there and bring it back with me.

Can anyone help with answers to the following questions:

1. Do UK Honda Jazz's have an armrest already (in which case can I just go to a Honda dealer and buy one off the shelf). I figure if they are standard equipment then I stand a chance of finding a dealer that has one in stock.

2. If not, can anyone reccomend a store in the UK where I could get a JDM one?

Help always appreciated!!!!

DB.

P.S Is the Chevy Aveo a real car?

Old 10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by DrewBird
1. Do UK Honda Jazz's have an armrest already (in which case can I just go to a Honda dealer and buy one off the shelf). I figure if they are standard equipment then I stand a chance of finding a dealer that has one in stock.
They're an option, so if you're lucky you may find a dealer that has one in stock.

If i were you, i would look at other accessories that we cannot get here....the armrest is a BIG box to bring back...

Here's the link to a PDF accessories brochure for the UK

http://www.honda-access.com/uk/en/Images/68227.pdf

I would look at the tailgate decoration (looks almost the same one you can get from Asia / Zeta products), ultra net (the same as our cargo net, but can be separated into 2) and for those who don't want to tint their windows, the sunblinds!

Last edited by Mugen_Dom; 10-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey Mugen_Dom,

Thanks for this link, and the brochure. I didnt realize it would be listed as an option like this, but after I looked at the brochure I managed to track down a dealer price for the armrest - 200 pounds (400 CAD). So, unless can get one cheaper from a non-dealer source in the UK I think I will be better to get one here in Canada. I was quoted $335 up here, so even with tax it will still be cheaper (and as you point out, it was a big box!!)

If anyone knows of a non-Honda dealer source for the armrest in the UK, I would still be interested

Drew.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:23 PM
whereabouts in the UK are visiting?

I've ordered a Jazz and it should be arriving any day now. It doesn't come with an armrest. My dealer quoted me £190, but that includes fitting, so you might get it cheaper if you dont have it fitted.

While you're here, you could go to a dealer and ask to take a Jazz on a test drive, that way you could try a right hand drive CVT. My dealer let me have one for an hour so you have a good chance to try it out.

If you don't mind 2nd hand, you could try these people:
HTML Code:
http://www.hondaspares.co.uk/
for an armrest.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by DogSlobba
whereabouts in the UK are visiting?

I've ordered a Jazz and it should be arriving any day now. It doesn't come with an armrest. My dealer quoted me £190, but that includes fitting, so you might get it cheaper if you dont have it fitted.

While you're here, you could go to a dealer and ask to take a Jazz on a test drive, that way you could try a right hand drive CVT. My dealer let me have one for an hour so you have a good chance to try it out.

If you don't mind 2nd hand, you could try these people:
HTML Code:
http://www.hondaspares.co.uk/
for an armrest.
They're actually not that far from where I used to live. Might be going back to the UK in the summer next year, so if I'll do, I'll definitely have to check them out!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
if you know the honda part number of the part from any honda vehicle, (or your chasis / vin number of your car - so they can match the interior colour), any honda dealer can look it up on their computer and order you any part, it will normally take only a few days for it to arrive from belgium... i do this all the time as my i have a JDM fit in the UK.

I ordered a L15A VTEC engine emblem & pearl white touch up paint last week, it arrived the next day from belgium!..

i'm looking what else i can order..........