General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does the Fit have bad luck or is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Does the Fit have bad luck or is it just me?

It seems as if my Fit just has bad luck In the past year my car was involved in a hit and run while I was at work then last month i got a nail in my front right tire, 2 days later a rather large tree limb falls and hits the car while I was driven' causin almost 3k worth of damage, while the Fit was in the shop a rock hit the windshield of the rental and cracked it, and yesterday I found a screw in the left rear tire Maybe it's just me but WTF? I just hope nothing else happens to my car!! or any other car im driving! almost 50% of the paint on it is new as a result of an accident that wasn't my fault this is crazy! Anyone one else just simply have bad luck with their Fit?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
My Audi I traded in for the Fit was cursed, so I know what your talking about. Within the first week it had a big ding in the rear 1/4 pannel from some persons door. Then a hit and run while out to dinner with the girl left a large scrape down the side and took the mirror off. After that I was rear ended on the freeway by some dude daydreaming. A rock cracked the front windsheild a week later. And later that fall I pulled a nail out of the rear tire only to pull a screw later that same week.

It sounds wierd but that car was a 2006 and had more damage done to it in the year and half I owned it than all my previous cars put together.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Wow, sounds like maybe your having bad luck...Hopefully your luck will cahnge dramaticaly and you will win the lottery or something!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned
One of our SF Bay Area members had a bear run into his Fit, spin around from the impact, and shit all over the driver-side doors. That ain't GOOD luck! For REAL BAD LUCK, I've got a better one (non-Fit related).

My wife leaves for work in the dark. About two miles from our house a few years back, three escaped horses ran down the road directly into her Dodge Caravan. One was a 10-year-old Appaloosa whose head went through the pass. side windshield, then the horse flew bodily over the entire van and died of a broken neck in the street behind the van. Her speed at the time was 25 mph. We shared coffee in our kitchen with the CA Highway Patrol officer who handled the case.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Not the car, its your karma. Sorry about your troubles man, such is life though. Sometimes for no apparent reason, you are just gonna get hosed. Just suck it up as best you can and go with the flow.

I had an Integra that went through one year of mutiple fender benders, tire punctures, and mechanical gremlins. (twice got hit while parked and minding its own business) But aside from that all went fine. I had the car for a total of 17 years.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
The bumper on my brand new BOM Fit with less than 800km on the odometer was scaped up by some person pulling out of a parking spot. Now the Fit is a pretty narrow car and I was parked close to the curb...so how this idiot managed to still hit it is beyond me.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hey hang in there - luck has to change at some point. The bad can only be bad for a certain amount of time and then it will change for better! My Ford Ranger was in an F 1 tornado, victim of a hit and run, ran over a nail, then picked up a screw in the new tire not a month later! But I kept the truck 11 years because it was a reliable vehicle when it wasn't being beated to death by mother nature and drivers who have no respect for anothers vehicle. Things just happen and sometimes they happen in a row - your luck will change - fate will smile on you soon!

Cat :x

Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Car Wash Calamity

I went to a drive-through car wash last weekend. While I was waiting to enter, the guy behind me (who spoke no English) tapped my back bumper. Not hard ... just enough to make three obvious marks on it. About halfway through the car wash everything came to a grinding halt and I heard a loud CRUNCH sound coming from the front of my FIT. An attendant ran over to my car and looked at the driver's side front, left, and everything started running again. When I exited the other end the front left panel had been ripped away from my car (just in front of the left front wheel). Of course the carwash has a prominently-displayed sign that said they are not responsible.

Talk about being pissed. And forget about trying to use touch up paint. I tried. It looks HORRIBLE!!