General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Issue # 4 Siphon is Out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Issue # 4 Siphon is Out!!!!

Hey All!

Just got back from Wal-Mart and before checking out went over to the mags. There it was the new #4 issue of Siphon. X-Box is on the cover but some really nice articles on our beloved Fit - Making it Fit -Birth of the Cool - really cool pictures of the Fit. I was so excited - went to check out and of course putting all my purchases in the buggy, did not remember seeing my Siphon come through. Asked the cashier and she said no I did not charge you for that book. Turns out it got stuck on the silver strip at the end of the belt and the lady behind me stuck it up on the candy display! UGH!!! I just so happened to ask her if she had seen a car mag and she is like yes I did not think it belonged to you and stuck it up there. Why do people insist on thinking girls don't buy car books! I would have been so mad to got home without it - LOL

Cat :x

Old 09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
Can we subscribe to the mag yet or what?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Hey All!

Just got back from Wal-Mart and before checking out went over to the mags. There it was the new #4 issue of Siphon. X-Box is on the cover but some really nice articles on our beloved Fit - Making it Fit -Birth of the Cool - really cool pictures of the Fit. I was so excited - went to check out and of course putting all my purchases in the buggy, did not remember seeing my Siphon come through. Asked the cashier and she said no I did not charge you for that book. Turns out it got stuck on the silver strip at the end of the belt and the lady behind me stuck it up on the candy display! UGH!!! I just so happened to ask her if she had seen a car mag and she is like yes I did not think it belonged to you and stuck it up there. Why do people insist on thinking girls don't buy car books! I would have been so mad to got home without it - LOL

Girls are car nuts too! Its just not too often that you see a girl/woman buy a car mag.

Thanks for mentioning where you got it. I remember once seeing it once at WM. I will go there today and see if there is a copy for me.

Sounds like the lady was just trying to be nice when she put the book back on the shelf. Sometime people mistake me for a dog also...haha, meow

Old 09-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Can we subscribe to the mag yet or what?

The only subscription card is the one for Import Tuners - always the same. I guess the people who put this out just haven't decided if they are going to continue or not. As long is we all purchase the mag when
it comes out and they are getting back what they put into then maybe they will someday offer the public a subscription. I would definitely subscribe in a second. There is an address and web site listed in the mag but for Import Tuner. We may be able to ask them if and when they plan to open Siphon up for subscription. I'll visit the site and post what I find out.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by babyfit
Girls are car nuts too! Its just not too often that you see a girl/woman buy a car mag.

Thanks for mentioning where you got it. I remember once seeing it once at WM. I will go there today and see if there is a copy for me.

Sounds like the lady was just trying to be nice when she put the book back on the shelf. Sometime people mistake me for a dog also...haha, meow
Yes, I did not mean to sound up set with the lady but if it were me I would have asked - the person in front of me if the item was their before sticking it back. I guess she assumed it just could not have belong to me.LOL Sorry Wave for posting twice my finger was a little too quick on the button. I am typing fast as I've got some guys coming to revamp my fence out back so I can get in and out of my garage easier. The Fit barely Fits into the garage so I get to spend some cash on resetting my fence, new garage door, new roof vent on the same, new automatic door opener - hope the Fit will appreciate the new mods just for it and I will sleep better knowing it is tucked away and off the streets. Could have purchased new rims for the money I am spending on the garage -urgh!

Cat:x

Old 09-29-2007, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Did you see the k&n intakes ad? I think it's on page #38.

BTW, if any of you that read this live in my area, I bought last sunday at the Barnes and Nobles at the Long Beach town center.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
OK just got a chance to sit down and look over mag. The editor Carter Jung noted that their e-mail box is now up and running. They want to hear from all of us as to what we love, hate, want to see more of in Siphon. So lets all hit them with we want subscriptions!!! Their e-mail addy is: letters@siphonmagazine.com

PS Cool contest this month winner gets JDM radiator cap! Will have to enter that one!

Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
siphon #4

I didn't really enjoy this month's issue. Too many chapters on parts and not enough stories. I've enjoyed the issues in the past. I like reading stories on, "Which micro-car is the best," "Time Attack," etc... I didn't buy this issue this time. I found more interest in Impot Tuner and Super Street this month. Siphon needs more stories, interviews, contests, races, dynos, how-to's, overseas info, and even background of the magazine creators for fun. I'm suprised they didn't mention anything about the 2008 Fit or 2009 Fit. Too thin of a magazine for the price.

Last edited by pokems23; 09-29-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Cat
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pokems23
I didn't really enjoy this month's issue. Too many chapters on parts and not enough stories. I've enjoyed the issues in the past. I like reading stories on, "Which micro-car is the best," "Time Attack," etc... I didn't buy this issue this time. I found more interest in Impot Tuner and Super Street this month. Siphon needs more stories, interviews, contests, races, dynos, how-to's, overseas info, and even background of the magazine creators for fun. I'm suprised they didn't mention anything about the 2008 Fit or 2009 Fit. Too thin of a magazine for the price.
Don't forget to send them a e-mail at the above e-mail address. They want to hear from everyone about what you like and dislike. They are working hard to make it a great magazine and your opinion and inpute
would really help them to do that.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:55 PM
The k&n ad looks great james!~

Old 09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Why do people insist on thinking girls don't buy car books! I would have been so mad to got home without it - LOL

I agree! I tried to order a set of Mugen visors for my car, and the guy asked me if I was ordering them for my boyfriend before he would give me a price.

I've been looking for this magazine everywhere, but can't seem to find it. I think it's just because they are being sold fast, so I'm too late. Maybe I'll do around trying to find it today.