General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

No love from fellow Fit Owners????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Apex77
Exactly. I haven't picked up my FIt yet, but I have been observing Fit drivers. They do not seem like enthusiasts at all.
I see a lot of ~30+yr old women driving them. I don't they are enthusiasts. I also see some seniors driving them.

Yep. That's why you don't see the love. I was in a GD Fit sandwich yesterday on the way to work, Rev Orange on my right and Silver Storm on my left, with me (BSP) in the center lane. I look over, one is a 50 year old woman and the other was just some 35 year old nerdy guy. Both of them were scared to acknowledge me. Guess I'm the only one showing love to the Fits in Milwaukee.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Love ya'll man!!!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
I love every Fit out there and I am an old lady by y'alls standards.
I get excited and wave whenever I see another Fit on the Road.
Very few pay attention......

Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Funny im back in a Fit now came from a S2k CR. I would say the Fit handles great and my Fit is a AT. Oh and i had a Evo as well. Really the Fit has very good handling for what it is. I can do 60mph on a turn and feel planted like i did in my Evo. But in the S2k i would always feel like i was sliding in it guess its due to it being RWD

Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Nuthin' but love!

Well, I guess maybe it's the Aloha spirit thingie here.....I'm shown nothin' but luv when I wave or beep at Fit driver's.
Of course we run the full spectrum from young to "old" enthusiast here too--most seem to be keepin' their Fitz sparkling kleen!!...as all of us do right????

Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM
some people dont do that lol but i do the same thing too nothing but there isnt to much fits down here in stockton ca.....

Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I've had one woman wave. She was maybe mid-30s. She pulled up in a blue GE8 (just like mine) pulled up beside me at a stop light and yelled "Hey nice car!".

Old 06-04-2011, 01:39 PM
I like to pull up next to Mini Cooper owners and say "Mine's bigger."

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Zombie thread, but whatev...

I used to wave at Fits during the first 2 years of having mine since they were still fairly rare around here until the GE came along. It was seldom that people waved back since most folk use them as cheap, reliable transportation and were typically not enthusiasts...

On a few counts though I did get a few stares, nods and occasionally a wave. Like the day of getting my Konig Quizs, a guy on the opposite side of the freeway in a showroom stock Vivid Blue Pearl Sport just stared as I passed by. The same happened a few months later but with a Tidewater Blue GD Sport with what seemed to be Konig Feathers and a sticker on the driver side quarter-panel glass.

Another time a guy in a Milano Red GD Sport with a strange vinyl on the sides of it was approaching behind me on the freeway. He slowed down as he passed, gave a "head up nod", and continued on by.

The one time I remember getting a wave from a fellow Fit driver was on the way to work and saw them out the corner of my eye. They were in a Taffeta White GD Sport loaded with 4 or 5 people in it, all of which waving, as they passed by in the opposite direction. I of course returned the wave by extending my arm out the window and waving.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Lemmie know when y'all are fixin' to come through San Antonio... I will wave.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i dont wave at other Fits... there's too many.

if i see a modded Fit that i recognize who the driver is, obviously i will wave.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hocker
How old are the drivers? I see a lot of old folks driving Fits so to them its just a cheap econo box not a this is a badass car or great car.
Exactly. That's what it is when I drive it. I'm an enthusiast when I'm driving my Miata.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
i dont wave at other Fits... there's too many.
That is precisely why I don't wave anymore, at least to obviously stock Fits.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
I try to wave or give the peace sign... not too many wave back. Much different than when I had a VW bus--EVERYONE gave the peace sign back & forth.

Oh well, don't give up... stay positive!

Old 06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Sometimes others wave at me... but they have this strange
wave where they only use one finger. WTF!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Only enthusiasts wave back, not commuters.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Fellow owners

Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know why fellow Fit owners don't flick lights back or wave back when i see one on the road?

I'm coming from the S2000 community which is a very
friendly and quite honestly the best i've ever been in
but coming from there to the Fit community i figured it would be the same

i don't know maybe i'm expecting too much?

the only thing i've got so far was a nod from a SSM Fit going toward Newport News

so i ask fellow Fit Owners please show some love!

-Ricky
It has to do with with road rage.People are no longer willing to salute,afraid they will start something.In addition ,anxiety is so general these days most folks keep to themselves.I'm not a physician ,just a guy that has seen a lot.Just be yourself and stay happy, there is still still hope.JJ

Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by jjsifo
It has to do with with road rage.People are no longer willing to salute,afraid they will start something.In addition ,anxiety is so general these days most folks keep to themselves.I'm not a physician ,just a guy that has seen a lot.Just be yourself and stay happy, there is still still hope.JJ
I don't see it... Motorcyclists still do it. Jeep people do it. Mini people do it. It's mainly because the Fit is a pretty generic, mass-market car. It has a niche fan club, but to the vast majority of owners, it's an basic appliance for making it from point A to Point B with minimum expenses.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Fit

Originally Posted by Occam
I don't see it... Motorcyclists still do it. Jeep people do it. Mini people do it. It's mainly because the Fit is a pretty generic, mass-market car. It has a niche fan club, but to the vast majority of owners, it's an basic appliance for making it from point A to Point B with minimum expenses.
Just came back from thanksgiving dinner and heard that same description on what a car means to most people,some of us however,, do live the driving experience , and relate to other same minded drivers.Maybe it is just the way we see and feel about the FIT.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
good question... i used to own an ap2 and be part of the s2000 community too. id say that there's a huge difference between the communities. but as far as flashing one another, i havent experienced that. only with motorcycle riding. i guess a hand signal once in awhile with the top down...

there's too much of a age and interest variation with the fit. there are those who are kind and love helping others. theres those who are young and feel like its kool to bash on everyone. and there are those who never had any interest in doing anything to the car except drive it.

Quick Reply: No love from fellow Fit Owners????