General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Stock windshield wipers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Stock windshield wipers

Ok im confused. I saw a picture of kancerr's 07 ssm fit
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ver-sport.html

here is a pic of his/her windshield wipers.

here is a picture of mine. These are what i got form the dealership already installed on the car. Did i just get a hook up or did kancerr get teh shaft and they jacked her/his windshield wipers?

here is a close up.

Last edited by Solscud007; 09-25-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: addes pictures
Old 09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
They probably changed them because of the horrible skipping sound. Mine skip so bad!!! I hate them!!
AND, on top of that I already need new wipers at 14,000miles. I thought these wipers were suppose to last longer than others?

Theres a TSB on the wiper arms. They skip and cause horrible noises. The dealer replaces the wiper arms because they "dont supply sufficient pressure across the entire windshield."
I got mine done, didnt make a difference. I turned my wiper blade inserts upside down and it fixed the problem about 85% but the skipping was still there. As of right now they blades suck. They skip, make horrible noises, and dont wipe the windshield clean anymore.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
huh I had valeos on my integra and they lasted all winter and then some

Old 09-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
You've got the stock set up. Many people complain about the stock blades because they make a "farting" sound and just don't clean the windows very well. Some folks have replaced them with another type of blade. Someone suggested using Rain X on the windshield and also when you fill up the washer tank, get some on a cloth and rub down the edges of your blades.

Cat :x

Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
i got the same kind of wipers as you, i like it a lot more then the normal design.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The wipers that Solscud007 has on his car are the factory wipers. Im hoping you people know that.
IDK what to do about my wipers. Ive tried it all. Ive waxed my windshield, rainX, I clean the blades EVERY car wash, Ive even used that blade conditioner. Only thing I havent done is replace them. They arent cheap so.... yea.

I love the look of them, but I hate using them.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 PM
i don't know what you guys are talking when it comes to the noise... and i understand that it is the stock blades, today was raining and i had it on the 2nd speed no noise what so ever... which is great!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
The wipers that Solscud007 has on his car are the factory wipers. Im hoping you people know that.
IDK what to do about my wipers. Ive tried it all. Ive waxed my windshield, rainX, I clean the blades EVERY car wash, Ive even used that blade conditioner. Only thing I havent done is replace them. They arent cheap so.... yea.

i just got my fit last week and only had a drizzle one day. i can say that i did not notice any of the problems that you stated. they performed awesome. when there is a down pour i'll let post again

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
i replaced my wiper blades and then painted them blue. the stock ones cleaned better than the ones i got, but i didnt think they looked well with the car...too fat, decided to get some thin ones and do em blue to go with the car. all about preference...much happier with current blades than the stock ones. only thing i dont like about when i changed them...is that i had to go down a size on my passenger side wiper, the same size as the stock on that brand stuck over the edge and wouldnt clean. (the blue wipers look a lot better in person )

Last edited by kancerr; 09-25-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:20 AM

i work at the acura dealer and the 06 acura tsx has the same wipers and same problem, i found if you change the wiper arms but leave the wiper inserts and theyre kinda old, they dont work that well, if you go and buy the wiper inserts im sure theyll be much better, its only like 12 bucks or something like that

Old 09-26-2007, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Theres a TSB on the wiper arms. They skip and cause horrible noises. The dealer replaces the wiper arms because they "dont supply sufficient pressure across the entire windshield."
That was released back in May, a car made in the last couple of months should already have the new wiper arms, right?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by DaGrinch
That was released back in May, a car made in the last couple of months should already have the new wiper arms, right?
VIN up to 25568

Old 09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by DaGrinch
VIN up to 25568 has the old arms

Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
i work at the acura dealer and the 06 acura tsx has the same wipers and same problem, i found if you change the wiper arms but leave the wiper inserts and theyre kinda old, they dont work that well, if you go and buy the wiper inserts im sure theyll be much better, its only like 12 bucks or something like that
From what Ive been told, I have to buy new wiper blades (whole thing) and then buy inserts after that.
My friend works at Honda and he said that the inserts they sell do not fit the OEM blades.
Thats what he told me. He was the one that told me about the TSB also.

Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
VIN up to 25568 has the old arms
My car is number 25877. When I say mine skip bad, I mean they skip BAD. Put it this way, when Im on the phone and its raining people always ask me "Whats that noise?" I reply with; "My fu(ken wipers!!!!!! "

It first started with the passenger side blade. It would make the noise only on the first sweep. (upward) Now, it makes the noise going up and down. To add to that the driverside has started making the noise on the upward sweep.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 AM
nah you can buy inserts for the blades on the car now, just kinda tricky to stuff in

Old 09-30-2007, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
The first time it rained in my new Fit the Wipers were GREAT. Almost completely silent!

Now they suck so bad... they';re loud, but evenmore importantly they don't clean the water off the windshield! streaks everywhere.

I'm replacing them today with new inserts, we'll see if it makes any difference.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Just changed my blades. They work so greatly!!! Had a fitment problem though. Had to use my noggin.

I couldnt believe the guy working there. I came back and asked if they had smaller arms or if the 16-160 was the smallest. He said they have the 16-160 as the smallest in stock. He then said
"Well, you could always mix and match."
Me. "You mean, one nice wiper blade and a shitty one?"
Him. "Yea.... If you want?"
I snatched the wiper blade from him and walked away. WTF!!? Freakin moron.

Trico NeoForms. Slimmer than the Bosch. $35 for both blades.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...hoas-more.html

Old 01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Mine had the ones from a CRV, replacing the original caged ones. Had to cut the tip of the rubber blade on the passenger side where it meets the A-pillar. Works rather well, with larger wiping area.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
This thread is a little old.... I noticed 08's and 07 Fits have different wiper blades.