General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Maroney Sticker missing in action?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Maroney Sticker missing in action?

Question. If I buy a new Fit from showroom stock, isn't the dealer obligated to provide me with the Maroney sticker, (that was attached to that car) as well? Isn't the sticker part of the car that I purchased?

Background. In Aug 2007 I bought a base fit from showroom stock at Miller Honda in Culver City, CA. The deal was aririved at and the car was delivered same day, but on arriving home, I realized that the Moroney sticker was missing in action. For those not savvy, the Moroney sticker is the DOT sticker on new cars that discloses a variety of info about the car's cost, mileage, rollover factors, options, and asking price.

Outcome. So far, despite a lot of assurances and hot air, Miller Honda has yet to provide me with the original sticker or a duplicate. In fact, I'm getting the perverbial run-around and sales-speak B.S. from them. They haven't had the courtesy to even call me to explain the long delay of over six weeks. If any of you are informed about my rights in this matter, I'd welcome your thoughts.

Final thoughts. Why would a dealer be so dumb as to irritate a new customer over a trivial issue like this? When there are plenty of independent Honda service centers in L.A., one does not have to go to them for non-warranty service, even during the warranty period.

Last edited by N600 Nostalgia; 09-25-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I don't really know much about this, but I am pretty sure that the dealer is obligated to give you that sticker. Some law was passed that prohibited anyone from taking that off a new car before the car is sold. But that's just what I know (or think I know, haha). Also, we've bought new cars before and they are usually given back to us, so I'm pretty sure you get it.

Just my two cent, I could be wrong and I could be right.

Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Maroney Sticker

I have purchased 4 Honda vehicles (all from the same dealer) in Maryland...not only did i receive the Maroney sticker, the dealer had me sign a statement that I received the Maroney sticker and provided a copy of the statement for my records.

Don

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
By law, the Maroney must be visable and the buyer must receive it when buying the car. At least this is what I was told when I worked at Carmax.
They are suppose to call up Honda in Japan and have them send another Maroney. Anytime a car on the lot was missing, faded, or had a ripped Maroney we would have another one sent out to replace it.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Most dealerships give you the run around cause they have your money that is all that matter to them. I would call corporate honda. send emails and forward them to heads of departments, manager and general manager of the honda dealership you were talking about. Tell them about their lack of customer service regarding a topic that is completely in your right.

not to add salt to the wound btu when i got my Fit last Saturday i got my sticker with it. I didnt know you get those things. I never had a new car before. (I dont count my parents cars mine and I rarely pay attention to what they get when they buy a new car)

Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Solscud007
I never had a new car before. (I dont count my parents cars mine and I rarely pay attention to what they get when they buy a new car)
I don't count my parents' cars as mine. I just pay attention to paperwork because my parents can barely SPEAK/READ english. So when I said we, I meant it in a different way.

Good luck to you N600 Nostalgia. :]

Last edited by Ms. Sheila :]; 09-26-2007 at 04:06 AM.