General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Edmunds front page 2009 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I think its gross. The whole point of these cars was to keep them small. Im sure its not that much bigger, it just looks huge and bulky.
Just like those new xB/xA's. So gross. WHY did they make them bigger?

Im willing to bet this car will be assembled in the US also. The only thing made in Japan will be the motor and trans. If that. Which means, boooo to build quality. Remember when I wished that the Fits were discontinued after the first set of 2007's? I think this 2009 will do it. Seems like a flop to me. I think this new Fit will end production and sales of the Fit in the US. Hell, it should come out in 08!!!

The only thing Im interested in is the head/motor differences. Granted its only 9bhp. Dont think Id slave away with doing a head swap for 9hp.
I bet its all reversed too. Exhaust mani up front and intake mani in the rear.

The only thing I like about the car is the HP jump and the roof. Thats it.
It looks like a Mazda5 with Prius thrown in. I like the Mazda5; Not that much.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Retired Moderator
2 inches longer, and .8 inches wider lol..Not much bigger at all. I think in real life it will be much more impressive then in pics, but i think it looks great!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I love the new look, will be waiting for '09. Only things I don't like are the 'tear duct' headlights and the cheesy plastic grill. I also don't much care for the taillights, they need less white. Hopefully the aftermarket will address this.

Did anyone notice the odd ignition? Doesn't look like the key is inserted into the steering column.

I'd like to see a more distinct line between the base and sport models. Sort of like a Cooper and Cooper S. Have a dirt cheap base model for 12K and a sport model that could range from 16-21K. With navigation, steering wheel audio controls, keyless ignition, and auto climate control standard on the 21K pricetag. Call it the RSL.

I'm not too concerned about the skyroof and safety issues. If the chassis has been reinforced by 167% it was most likely done to improve safety and not handling charactistics. Both the Mini Cooper and Scion TC share a similar skyroof with an important difference, their versions open. A fixed skyroof certainly seems more rigid than a large moonroof, because it allows more space for bracing since there is no compartment to hide the glass once open. If Honda couldn't get a skyroof, I don't know how convertibles pass safety ratings.

The interior looks a lot better, however I am concerned Honda will stick some gaudy radio and climate controls in the American version. Hopefully if they screw it up, the radio will at least be DIN compatible.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
I just noticed from the pictures that it has a locking gas door and a dead pedal! Woohoo!!! Now I just hope we get some awesome colors.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by TOOL
2 inches longer, and .8 inches wider lol..Not much bigger at all. I think in real life it will be much more impressive then in pics, but i think it looks great!
I was stating the looks.... Looks big and bulky.
I think its fugly poo.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I think its fugly poo.
One of the funniest comments I've seen about the looks of the new Fit vs the '09 Fit has to be... "... the current Fit, while still relatively simple, looks like something Sponge Bob would pilot on Bikini Bottom."

Red with blue wheels would be perfect for Bob.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Retired Moderator
I think it looks less Mini-Van-ish then the current Fit which is a definite plus!

Old 09-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I like the mini-minivan look. Same reason why I like the look of the Ep3's. Id just never own one cause theyre slow as sin.