General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Other Fits on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

i've yet to see another fit driver that appears to be remotely interested in their car...

actually i take that back, me and a 75 yr old woman had a moment the other day.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey grimm79, come over to Virginia, pull up along side me, and I'll definately give you a big "Thumbs Up!" Just as in life, there are all kinds of people driving Fits ... some friendly, some not so friendly.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM
A silver Fit driver give me a thumbs up and vice versa. I also ran into a blaze orange Fit but I wasn't too impressed with the colour. We gave each other nods anyway.

The Fit is getting more popular everyday.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
all the people around here who have fits that ive seen are older people...who havent done annnnnnnnything to their fit, most of em smile when they see mine tho, few of em wave...some just point. not the really old people tho. i normally wave...theyre just not as into their fit as i am. do get compliments from people all the time on it who dont own a fit though. had one guy park his next to mine out of a huge parking lot haha...kinda annoying because i park all the way at the end of every parking lot and normally take 2 spots...just so nobody can park next to me. rather walk than get a ding.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
I have seen about thirty-five or so fits in the maryland/pennsylvania area and about 85% of the drivers are in their seventies. No one waves to me that I know that besides my family when they see me.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
.i don't go around with ZOMG MY TAFFETA WHITE/BEIGE COMBO IS THE RAREST OF RARE!!!...thats just silly...
White/black is more rare.... Hehehe.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
the problem with the fit is that a lot of the owners arent enthusiasts or even that into the car, its just an affordable car to them. even when i had my vette, which has a pretty enthusiast based community i only got 1 or 2 waves in the time i owned it. it might just be a miami think though.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in Maryland Washington D.C. metro area, (SSM Sport) and I try to wave at other Fit owners, but I don't think I've gotten a wave back. I'm part of the "old crowd" being as I'm 51 (and am not planning on doing any mods 'cause the wife doesn't want 'em.)

I have seen a couple other SSM Sport, BOM Sport, VBP Sport, MR Sport, and a Silver base.

So hey, if you see a SSM Sport taking the 270/495 trudge down to D.C., give me a wave and I'll wave back at ya!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
White/black is more rare.... Hehehe.
oh, i know...i was speaking purely on the fact neither a white color or a beige interior are options in 08...

Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rdean58

So hey, if you see a SSM Sport taking the 270/495 trudge down to D.C., give me a wave and I'll wave back at ya!
haha may be ill see you, i just started working back in dc recently. got silver sport 07 20% tint blue wipers. youll know me if you see me, ill be the one driving like an asshole.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
I always try to say hi to fellow fit owners .. most of them give me a confused look. .. but y can't people realize that they r driving the same car .. lol

Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Today i seen my nigga pinky and his home boy in his homeboys black fit..sexy as fuck btw..but pinky like jumped out the window to say whats up to me..when i see other fits on the road, theres about 6 i see..2 azn people..1 girl, and 3 older folks. But when i ddrive by them its fun to get up next to them and see if they do anything..they usually think " wtf is this fat kid doin next to me, and speed off." lol

Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I saw a silver GD3 on the road today. I passed him and we were both stopped at a light. It was a stock sport with a bike rack on top. When
he got up beside me they were looking over at my car and I waved and they did wave back. They were older - and I am sure they were thinking what has that lady done to her Fit!

Cat :x

Old 12-04-2009, 09:09 PM
I have not wave to any fit owner or owner waived at me. I think you'll get a response if you waive to a Fit owner that has a modified Fit and a member of website like this. To others Fit is just a car that is affordable, I find it weird just waving to other owner just because they have the same car. Just imagine if I am driving a 1999 Toyota Camry and then another Camry owner saw me and wave at me because I have the same car, I will feel weird. lol

Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black01
I have not wave to any fit owner or owner waived at me. I think you'll get a response if you waive to a Fit owner that has a modified Fit and a member of website like this. To others Fit is just a car that is affordable, I find it weird just waving to other owner just because they have the same car. Just imagine if I am driving a 1999 Toyota Camry and then another Camry owner saw me and wave at me because I have the same car, I will feel weird. lol
I guess it is different here because I have guys who are driving modified VW GTI, Civics, Tegs, even Neons wave at me. I've even had other Honda owners to do the honda hand sign at me! Around here there just are not very many Fits - I might see one on the road once every other month. So it seems like they will honk and wave just to say hey look another Honda Fit!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Cat
I've even had other Honda owners to do the honda hand sign at me!

Whats this Honda hand sigh u speak of? lol

Old 12-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid
i hate the "micro-wave"...90% of scion owners do it, and its catching on to other micro owners as well...its an epidemic that needs to be stopped...

if old people/hippies/yuppies/idiots/ricers with a micro wave to me, or give thumbs up, i usually don't acknowledge...or i'll throw out the thumbs down...i didn't buy my fit to be friends with every idiot on the road...especially the ones that have their cars "customized" at or by the dealer...its taseless and a waste of cash imho...i will however throw a nod to a fellow honda tuner with a clean, tastefully modded car...

and fyi our cars aren't that rare, they will catch up just like xb's...i don't go around with ZOMG MY TAFFETA WHITE/BEIGE COMBO IS THE RAREST OF RARE!!!...thats just silly...

feel free to flame away at my opinion...

What is the "micro wave"?

I tend to avoid staring at people while driving because it seems hostile to me. I usually only look at people that are driving like a...umm...bad driver? Is that the safe term?

Its not that I am not a nice person, I just do not get too involved in anything outside my car. While driving and playing with my radio I have more important things to worry about than throwing signs to other cars, IMHO.

Last edited by Konservative; 12-05-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Cat
I guess it is different here because I have guys who are driving modified VW GTI, Civics, Tegs, even Neons wave at me. I've even had other Honda owners to do the honda hand sign at me! Around here there just are not very many Fits - I might see one on the road once every other month. So it seems like they will honk and wave just to say hey look another Honda Fit!

I'm guessing is that because they already know you and have seen your Fit at the car shows.

And I'm curious also what is that Honda sign? lol

Old 12-05-2009, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Quit knocking the old folks. I am disturb to see younger Fitters in 40 and 50s not waving back to me. They have no visible mods or shit either. Sad.

I am only 67. Sheet, I strained an arm yesterday hauling my wheels and tires out of the hatch. Hopefully they will be painted before next Spring.

My old guy mods:

Hood deflector

Honda all season mats and trunk tray

Blue calipers and drums

"C" piller strut

Tint

Interior wood trim kit

Stainless A B and C piller covers

Gas pedal spring mod

Blue licence and dome bulbs

Wheel and rear H logos in blue

GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs

Blue LEDs in trunk

Accord horn

Honda door sill covers

Footwell neons in blue by Ozium

Clazzio leather/vinyl seat covers

Steelies and snow tires

Yellow fog covers

Blue keyring light

to do

Exhaust

Replace blue bulb in dome with LED

Tow hooks?

Old 12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
wow this is a OLD thread. I see atleast one fit every day, more so the newer ones now. There are 1 or 2 modded Fits running around here but I have yet to see them. This one was spotted close to where I work so hopefully I will eventually see it on the road.
Name:  1259522258.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  99.7 KB

The thing that still surprises me is how many complements I get for my car by other people. A couple guys on a local forum even said they want to buy a Fit because of how much they like mine, lol.

Quick Reply: Other Fits on the road