General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

battery relocation tommorw! should i diy it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:53 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
battery relocation tommorw! should i diy it?

im relocating my battery to the back of my car tommorow and i was just wondering if i should take pics and post a diy thread. would anyone be interested in that. would anyone actually use it? i really want to contribute to fit freak but i dont wanna post something that no one will use. let me know

Old 09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I would be interested in seeing that DIY very much. Honestly, I may not relocate the battery to the rear as we have front wheel drive and the added weight in the rear vs engine bay would do nothing for performance but the overall astetic appeal just may be worth it.

As for contributing something to the community that 'no one will use' This community so diverse that anything you could possibly imagine doing to you your car, someone will say 'I love that - must do it'

Personally I'm impressed by the work that you have put into your Fit and the obvious attention to detail. Keep up the good work - I think I speak for everyone on this thread that we are all enjoying another fit-er that takes pride in there car.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Not sure about the Spoon battery, but it should be mentioned that with a very few exceptions, batteries mounted inside the cabin or trunk should be vented to the outside. Charging a battery creates hydrogen gas which you don't want building up in an enclosed space for obvious reasons. Even many seemingly "sealed" batteries which claim to be mountable in any position still have valves to release excess gas pressures under harsh charging conditions.