General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

automatic to manual?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:02 AM
automatic to manual?

I had my fit for about a month now.
its an orange sport.
when i first started, i thought the paddle shifters would take care of the "fun" part of driving. but now i am bored to death.
if i wanted to change from automatic to manual transmission, how much would it cost me?
and are there any side effects that come along with it?

thanks

Old 09-09-2007, 02:30 AM
fits have excellent resale, so i don't think you would lose much, if anything.
as for side effects, some say the paddle shifters make the 1.5l livelier, others prefer the manual. The manual is definitely more mod friendly, but other than having to depress a clutch, it is still the same car... a month is a short time to get tired of a new car.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iamkpfsho
I had my fit for about a month now.
its an orange sport.
when i first started, i thought the paddle shifters would take care of the "fun" part of driving. but now i am bored to death.
if i wanted to change from automatic to manual transmission, how much would it cost me?
and are there any side effects that come along with it?

thanks
It would cost you more to convert it than the amount you would lose to just trade it in/sell it for an MT Fit instead. I guarantee someone will want it, so it's just a matter of time and finding an MT Fit.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by methodbasic
fits have excellent resale, so i don't think you would lose much, if anything.
as for side effects, some say the paddle shifters make the 1.5l livelier, others prefer the manual. The manual is definitely more mod friendly, but other than having to depress a clutch, it is still the same car... a month is a short time to get tired of a new car.
Agreed about resale and mods, but the MT driving experience is quite different from the AT. The control over the engine and the immediacy of the response and power of the MT are just not there with the AT, even with the paddles. The paddles are probably great for someone who wants AT to begin with and would also like a bit of extra control/performance as well, but for someone who wants MT response and feel, but settled for the AT because they thought the paddles would provide that, they're just not gonna be satisfied. I know in my case, after my last AT car I vowed never to get another AT again unless it was a family car for all of us or simply unavoidable.