General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Totally impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Totally impressed!

Well ive had my Fit Sport for almost 2 months now and approaching the 3000 mile mark! Im totally impressed with this car so far, not a single issue with it! The gas milage has been great, we average about 35 miles to the gallon, sometimes dropping a tad but depends on who has been driving it..The car is still 100% rattle free, its so awesome for a car in this price range to be so solid. The seats and inside is totally comfortable,. the steering wheel feels awesome, and sporty. The paddle shifters are really fun, a feature that most cars in the price range dont have! The sound system is also great! With the radio its pretty good, but with a CD or iPod its awesome! The sound is perfect, and the six speakers really fill the car up with sound! I just wish that the cars display showed the song that your MP3 player was playing but oh well..

Overall the car is a terrific value! So much fun to drive and so many awesome features packed into such a little affordable package! I reccomend this car everyone! Anyway just thought id do a little 3000 mile write on up on the Fit

Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
So true! I have had mine since May and just turned over 1930 miles on it coming home tonight - hard to believe! The car is just so great and it makes the ride to/from work so much fun. The car has given me the fun factor I was seeking that I knew could not be found in any other car.

Cat :x

Old 08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I just got done test driving a Sport w/ paddle shifter. I will be honest and say that the power of the 1.5L sohc Fit engine was very underwhelming. It pulled about as much as my old 84 Nissan Sentra auto. However, everything else about it was great. The room, fit and finish, handling was great.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by p nut
I just got done test driving a Sport w/ paddle shifter. I will be honest and say that the power of the 1.5L sohc Fit engine was very underwhelming. It pulled about as much as my old 84 Nissan Sentra auto. However, everything else about it was great. The room, fit and finish, handling was great.
Yeah its not a "powerful" car, but its pretty responsive and the handling makes up for the lack of horsepower IMO. The lack of speed works out for me because im 16 and dont need any tickets lol.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
No, your not going to smoke most cars on the road with a Fit unless you plan to tweek the motor some. The reason we love our cars is the fact that it is fun, has some great features, great ride and the bottom line is that it gets great gas milage and the second bottom line is that it is a HONDA!!!! Oh and the fact that it is a rare car with not many on the road. It is nice to drive to work everyday and not see 100 copies of my car. LOL

Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Cat
No, your not going to smoke most cars on the road with a Fit unless you plan to tweek the motor some. The reason we love our cars is the fact that it is fun, has some great features, great ride and the bottom line is that it gets great gas milage and the second bottom line is that it is a HONDA!!!! Oh and the fact that it is a rare car with not many on the road. It is nice to drive to work everyday and not see 100 copies of my car. LOL

Very well said!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM
NMG
Have to agree with everyone.

I don't know about everyone else, but to be perfectly honest, I wasn't overly concerned with the engine output when I bought my Fit. I was looking for a car that was inexpensive to operate, had a good level of quality, was fun to drive and was practical.

Now that I've had my Fit for a couple of months, I'm still VERY happy with it. I agree that the car isn't a rocket, but it wasn't designed to be either. I will say that the engine is completely adequate IMHO and when it's at the right spot in the RPM range, it is actually quite responsive and fun to drive, especially if you are flying through corners and turns. Like others have said, the handling makes it feel allot faster than it is. It may not be fast, but it does feel quick if that makes any sense.

It's definitely one of if not the best subcompact on the market and for that class of car, it really shines.