General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

help side skirts falling off!....i think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
help side skirts falling off!....i think?

I think my side skirts are falling off...theres a bit of play in them now, as in i can move them up and down a bit...im taking it to the dealership today but i think im gonna get the "oh, thats normal" runaround...anyone else experience this?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Hmm ive never heard of this problem??? Im going to go run to gagrage right now now check my Fits side skirts..

Old 08-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Retired Moderator
If they are factory installed, you shouldn't have any problems. There are 6-8 clips on the inside of each side skirt that secure it onto the car. You need to remove the screws from within the fender wells and then there are three plastic bracket pieces that connect to the skirt at the bottom. You need to remove those as well before you can slide the skirt forward to remove them. That bracket uses two screws on each one attached right to the skirt and the other end is held onto the bottom of the car with a push in clip.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Well, when i checked mine they were tight as can be! Maybe you should have your dealer check them out.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Somebody may have tried to jack that part of your body kit. I would have them checked at the dealership to make sure all the clips are in place.

Cat :x

Old 09-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Angry

so....i went...and you wanna know what they said? "well sir, the body kit side skirts on your fit sport are a factory option, which means they weren't installed here, so theres actually nothing we can do about it, since its not part of the warantee".....i swear to god if i had anything with me, perhaps my tools, the guy would have caught a wrench to the face. im piiiiiiiiiissed. for anyone in new jersey, dont ever go to open road honda.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
oh cmon that has to be bs. so if your motor explodes on you and blasts your hood outward, the dealer can't do anything about it since that stuff was installed at the factory? the kit's not even a factory "option" the car just comes in base or sport. you should call the dealer again and fire up a storm and then ask to see a manager, if you didn't already. they can't just leave you out with a sorry excuse like that

Old 09-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
oh cmon that has to be bs. so if your motor explodes on you and blasts your hood outward, the dealer can't do anything about it since that stuff was installed at the factory? the kit's not even a factory "option" the car just comes in base or sport. you should call the dealer again and fire up a storm and then ask to see a manager, if you didn't already. they can't just leave you out with a sorry excuse like that
yeah thats basically what im doing. my girlfriends father has been a customer at that dealership since way back in the day when they only sold motorcycles (because that was all honda made) and hes a lawyer, so hes writing a letter and going in to raise hell, and if that doesnt work, i'll go higher. usually im not the type of person to do stuff like this, but the way they just sort of dismissed me pissed me off. i said to the guy so if the lugnuts just fall off and my wheels go rolling down the highway, would you cover that? because you guys didnt put those wheels on, honda did"