General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Custom Paint Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Question Custom Paint Pricing

How much would it cost to get a Fit Sport completely repainted? I

Basically I really like the yellow jazz pictured at the top of our forum, but it's not available in USA...what would be a rough estimate?

Thanks,
ELmO

Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Bump. Anyone know?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:05 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it depends on the quality you want. earlshibe can paint it for like 300 bucks... will it look good? probably not. Or you can spend 1000-1500 and get a oem quality job.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
it depends on the quality you want. earlshibe can paint it for like 300 bucks... will it look good? probably not. Or you can spend 1000-1500 and get a oem quality job.
Thanks for a real reply. That's not too bad of a price.

I didn't know the honda fit forum was filled with teenagers, but I guess it makes sense...
-ELmO

Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks for proving my point.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 PM
To do a quality job, engine bay, door jambs etc. Atleast 4K

Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
oem paint job.. at least 10k..

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
haha dang feel sorry for whoever pays THAT much for a paint job. Max should be 3k and that is a crazy mirror finish paint job.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
haha dang feel sorry for whoever pays THAT much for a paint job. Max should be 3k and that is a crazy mirror finish paint job.
he said oem. having done this before and considered it for a restored CRX (theres a guy on honda tech spent over 30k restoring his), here is what i mean (oem):

remove all glass and rubber window stuff, remove doors, remove interior, dash, pull engine.. basically reduce to shell.. put on rostisery and media blast, deliver to paint boot, paint X times, then clearcoat, replace parts...

btw 10k is cheap.. and the size or original cost of the car has absolutely nothing to do with how much work (manhours) is required to do this...

a restored muscle car can have over 50k in labour/parts (cost). a car restored for showing at pebble beach can have over 1,000,000 in cost to restore....

sure you can get a good looking sprayglo job for 3k that if your lucky someone may not recognize as a secondary paint job..

Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM EARL SCHEIB! They painted one side of my Honda Civic about five years ago. When I picked it up the paint had run in several places and they didn't cover the driver's side door lock when they painted so it was painted too. They did offer to fix it but it came back even worse.

When I finally traded the Civic in earlier this year, the salesman told me that if I had left the scratch on the side and not had it repainted I would have gotten about $1,000 MORE for it. BEWARE!!!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tolnep
he said oem. having done this before and considered it for a restored CRX (theres a guy on honda tech spent over 30k restoring his), here is what i mean (oem):

remove all glass and rubber window stuff, remove doors, remove interior, dash, pull engine.. basically reduce to shell.. put on rostisery and media blast, deliver to paint boot, paint X times, then clearcoat, replace parts...

btw 10k is cheap.. and the size or original cost of the car has absolutely nothing to do with how much work (manhours) is required to do this...

a restored muscle car can have over 50k in labour/parts (cost). a car restored for showing at pebble beach can have over 1,000,000 in cost to restore....

sure you can get a good looking sprayglo job for 3k that if your lucky someone may not recognize as a secondary paint job..

Maybe Im spoiled as I have hookups, BUT, I too was talking about removing everything and spraying everything. I got a better than OEM full colorchange on my hatch for $500! Granted my friend and I did most of the work. Im not new to the game and just talking.. If you can be patient, shop around and do some work yourself... you shouldnt be paying more than 3K like I said.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tolnep

is it neccessary to pull out the dash and leave the car to a shell when painting it? because if i'm not mistaken, he just wants a new color, he has no need to 'restore' his fit as its, at the very most if you consider how long it has been out in other markets, 8 years old. There is no 'restoring' involved, so 10k is ridiculous. Maybe not for what you did, but to just repaint, there is no WAY its that much, not even for a crazy pearl/metallic/mirror finish.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hasbro
not a teenager

ur question was dumber than a chevy.

get a clue dude

if ya know 2009 sports yellow = wait around = buy then

Have a nice night

the jdm fit comes in yellow, we don't know if it will be in that color in the U.S. market, so your logic makes no sense, especially considering that buying a new car would be more expensive in the long run...even if your paintjob is 10k.

owned? yes sir, very much so.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Having just got my fit back from the body shop (see the thread about the tree), I'd say the 3k estimate seems about right to me - maybe a little low, but not by much. The cost to completely strip and repaint the roof panel, both front and rear left fenders, the left pillar, mirror, and both bumpers was ~$1500. That includes several hours of metalwork to remove about 8 dents from the roof panel and pillar, as well as some misc parts (drip strips, etc), so the actual painting cost was somewhat less. The job is excellent, although still not factory - I've found a couple of tiny embedded air bubbles, which are only noticeable if you put your head right up to the car (the color is indistinguishable from the bordering factory panels).