General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

JDM Fit at US car dealer!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:31 PM
JDM Fit at US car dealer!?!

Hello, I'm Brian from Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos, I'm the new accessories sales person and wanted to say hello and ask for your thoughts.

We have a complete JDM conversion for a Fit, to my knowledge it includes bumpers, core support, tail lights, fenders, headlights and I think that's it, maybe more.

The question is, humor me a little...the question is should we...

A. Do the conversion and try sell a JDM Fit?
B. Do the conversion and now we have a project car?
C. Part that sucker out to you?
D. Sell the conversion complete?
D. Other? If so please explain.

Thank you for your thoughts, if you guys have questions please let me know.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i was there last week and i saw you guys had the jdm parts. i was talking to a guy there asking for prices and he said that you guys were gonna do the jdm conversion on a project car i guess, but never got around to it? but then he also said he'd call me back with prices, and it's been like over a week now so maybe he's just full of sh*t. you guys should have the jdm parts available to buyers. at non-honda dealership prices, if possible!

oh yeah, wouldn't the jdm fit not meet US safety regulations (the bumper and stuff?). would that mean you guys aren't allowed to sell it from the dealership?

Old 08-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yea, better not put it on a USDM fit, could be potential problems down the road. If you have a project car throw it on. If not just give it to me and Ill put it to good use.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
i was there last week and i saw you guys had the jdm parts. i was talking to a guy there asking for prices and he said that you guys were gonna do the jdm conversion on a project car i guess, but never got around to it? but then he also said he'd call me back with prices, and it's been like over a week now so maybe he's just full of sh*t. you guys should have the jdm parts available to buyers. at non-honda dealership prices, if possible!

oh yeah, wouldn't the jdm fit not meet US safety regulations (the bumper and stuff?). would that mean you guys aren't allowed to sell it from the dealership?
pm'd you about the jdm parts

Sorry about whomever you spoke to. For the time being you can consider myself the primary person. As time goes my coworkers will be ready to KO any enthusiast concerns, but for now you can count on me.

As far as the legal recourse goes, I don't have that information yet, so I couldnt comment intelligently. However I believe if both parties reach a documented understanding, I, for the time being see no reason a transaction can't be made.

Once again sorry for your past visit, I'll do my best to earn your trust.

Keep the comments coming guys, I want to know what the Fit community has to say.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
yea, better not put it on a USDM fit, could be potential problems down the road. If you have a project car throw it on. If not just give it to me and Ill put it to good use.
What's up Chris, Glad to see you're on board! I Pm'd you about the JDM front options, hope to see you around sometime, at a show perhaps? I'll definetly have to come visit you at your dealership.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
why dont you get the monthly meets going again like Mike had I know its a pain but i had fun there. lol.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
The monthly meets are coming back! However I'm working on some stuff to see if we can include some extras for the members and enthusiast, I don't wanna just plaster the all the forums with "hey, come to NRH" although it might work, I want to payback the community. I'll keep everybody posted.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Tsss JDM Style is overrated!
It only looks good from a certain angle.
Besides, your sport kit has that extra lip that goes round the bottom.

But I'd love to see any results that turn out - Hope things work out Brian!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
i'm interested in headlights and smoked led tails..

if you can beat the prices the other sites are offering the stuff for you got my business

Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Just put them on a project Fit. Maybe a used one thats a trade in? Put it in the show room? Is there anything that can get you fined for changing all that stuff (headlights, front bumper, fenders, hood....) on a brand new car and selling it?

Coggin Honda did that to one of their Fits. However, it was T-boned during the PDI process. In all actuality the car was almost unsellable. The put the Seibon wide body kit, wheels, suspension, and lots of interior work. It was fugly.

They sold the car in auction a little while ago. Funny because I see the Fit at this big used car dealer called "HKFinance."
Bet they dont know its been wrecked.