General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fuel Theft on HONDA FIT!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Exclamation Fuel Theft on HONDA FIT!

Just a question did anyone try to open your Fuel Door and get the FUEL on it! Did your FIT ALARM?

I wakeup this morning going to work. I notice that my FIT Fuel is Fu*Ck*ng EMPTY! I just put FULL TANK gas yesterday!

Do you guys know where I can buy FUEL DOOR with LOCK? any web site?

I HOPE THE 2008 HONDA FIT have FUEL LOCK! I will trade-in my 2007 FIT to 2008 FIT if they have FUEL LOCK!

*GAS or FUEL COST to much! THATS why people stealing FUEL !

Old 07-29-2007, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
collegehills honda carries a locking fuel cap. about $40

Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I can't believe that people really steal gas from parked cars!! And yes you can get a locking cap, the sad part is it has a separate key you have to carry around. Although I've heard of someone getting it fixed at a locksmith to match their main key.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 AM
rayzel,you dont need to trade in your car just to have a locking gas cap,if you want a locking gas cap as soon as possible you can go to your local auto store(kragen,pepboys,autozone) and look for STANT LOCKING GAS CAP,part no is. 11507,it fits perfectly & no problem, it cost me only $ 16 bucks,their good quality and proudly made in u.s.a.,sorry about to hear your gas theft,it's so strange how can a thief steal gas on a tight tube like fit,also the gas tank is too far coz its underneath the drivers seat,have you check for any leaks?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 AM
i was afraid of the samething
not someone stealing my gas but much worst.

on the last day of school, my freind called me on his cell telling me that my gas cap was open, i was worried more than anthing that someone would pour dirt into the gas......man i wish i could find the dumba## that touched my car... becuase im still pissed about it

but immediatly after that i got a gas cap lock at autozone...works perfectly fine...and it eases my mind

Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Rayzel
Just a question did anyone try to open your Fuel Door and get the FUEL on it! Did your FIT ALARM?

I wakeup this morning going to work. I notice that my FIT Fuel is Fu*Ck*ng EMPTY! I just put FULL TANK gas yesterday!

Do you guys know where I can buy FUEL DOOR with LOCK? any web site?

I HOPE THE 2008 HONDA FIT have FUEL LOCK! I will trade-in my 2007 FIT to 2008 FIT if they have FUEL LOCK!

*GAS or FUEL COST to much! THATS why people stealing FUEL !
are you sure someone stole your gas?, they would have to stick a hose down the 4-6 feet filler neck and suck it out, plus most if not all modern cars have a screen in the filler neck to stop this, and why would they want 10 gallons of gas when they can target a chevy or something and get 40+ gallons of gas.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
I've heard of guys puncturing fuel tanks to get at the gas...might want to check.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Freakin thieves

I hope the thief got high on gas fumes, tried to light a smoke and blew his sorry ass to hell where he belongs.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks Guys. I need to go to Autozone this morning just to buy Fuel Cap Lock. MEN! Hope Honda FIT 2008 have Fuel LOCK. They should Revision HONDA Fit...

What if someone put cigarette inside of Honda FIT? what will happen?

Last edited by Rayzel; 07-29-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Hopefully the gas tank would be filled with gasoline fumes instead of oxygen, and the cigarette would just extinguish, but you never know. I'm sure not trying it!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
That person would likely get a quick lesson on Darwinian natural selection, provided enough oxygen were also present in the tank (which isn't too likely, but we can hope, can't we?)

Any great reason to get the Honda locking cap vs. one of those carried by Autozone, other than the fact that it's OEM? My car is garage kept at night, so I'm not TOO concerned about this, but at the same time it sits in a mall parking lot most days (and some of the places where I'm directed to park are pretty secluded, so even in the daytime things could happen).

Old 07-29-2007, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Blowed Up, Sir!

If anyone does decide to test the explosivity of the fuel tank, please be sure there is an assistant nearby with a video camera.
And that the insurance premium has been paid.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by serinammavongsa
i was afraid of the samething
not someone stealing my gas but much worst.

on the last day of school, my freind called me on his cell telling me that my gas cap was open, i was worried more than anthing that someone would pour dirt into the gas......man i wish i could find the dumba## that touched my car... becuase im still pissed about it

but immediatly after that i got a gas cap lock at autozone...works perfectly fine...and it eases my mind
I just bought a locking gas cap for my Fit...how did you get the plastic string connected to the original gas cap off? Did you screw it off? Thanks.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:54 PM
I noticed while filling up (they do it for you in NJ and NY ) that the cap has a long line attached to it and it could bang against the car side if the attendant is not careful. Anyone notice this?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by talkbox
collegehills honda carries a locking fuel cap. about $40
I was wondering if there's going to be a difference between the US and Canadian Fit. Will the one at college hill fit my Canadian 2008 Fit? I don't want to buy it and not have it fit on my car...

Old 01-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Rayzel

What if someone put cigarette inside of Honda FIT? what will happen?
Absolutely nothing. There was an episode of mythbusters where they tried to get a car to explode from lighting the gas tank on fire. They simply could not do ANYTHING to get it to blow up - and they even made sure to have the right air/fuel ratio.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:17 PM
i put the OEM locking cap cuz an aftermarket one might set off the check engine later.. and i rekeyed it to work with the ignition key

Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I was disappointed when Honda introduced the NA Fit at the NAIAS in January 2006 without a locking gas door. I thought it was irresponsible, and this proves it.

It wouldn't have cost that much more to add it.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
there are hundreds of domestic minivans out there with no locking gas cap...

not that it makes it alright, but just to let you know it's not just our Fit's.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Amazing that the gas could be siphoned, the tank is so low and the pipe is so long...

Quick Reply: Fuel Theft on HONDA FIT!