General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Sport 5MT Price in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 AM
Fit Sport 5MT Price in SoCal

i got the offer of $17,800 out the door for a White Sport 5MT with no extra accessories, is it a fair price? should i go for lower? thanks guys!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Shop around. I just got my Fit Sport with automatic for $15,970 plus tax/ license. A lot of the dealers in L.A. are playing the $1000 mark up game and try to load you down with extras too. My Fit stickered for $19,000 before we got down to business. If the dealer tries to jack you around, get up and leave. There are plenty of dealers. I wound up buying mine from Buena Park Honda. We came to agreement on price very quickly, and they didn't jerk me around. Whole deal took about 2 hours and I've gotta say this was one of the least painful new car buying experiences I have ever had. Good dealer. Avoid Honda World; they love to play games.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Hit up JDMChris for there inventory, Im sure he can hook it up!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I got my silver 5MT sport for ~15700 (basically MSRP + dest charge) in San Diego. I too was seeing a lot of the $1K sticker markup business initially.

I found that sending in queries to the internet department (via autotrader) generally got me favorable pricing. You might be able to do better if you are a good negotiator, but I'm awful at bargaining, so I was pretty grateful to find that most dealers have an internet department.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Send an email to all of the dealerships you are willing to drive to. Ask them the lowest price they will sell a fit with the options that you want. I live in the Dallas, TX area and did that. I have several dealerships within 30 - 45 minutes of me. Two dealerships quickly said that they would sell for MSRP and on said they would beat MSRP by $100. I went to one dealership and they added a clear type front paint protection and lo jack and jacked the price way up. Unfortunately, a dealership will sell a car with a bunch of extra stuff and a mark up if they can. Fortunately, there is competition, so you should be able to find one for at least MSRP. Good luck.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys, Ill be looking around more before I make the purchase.
Any recommanded dealer/sales around orange county/inland empire area?
oh ya...don't go to the guy Gustavo at Norm Reeves Honda, he was being a absolute ahole, acting like he has the one and only Blk sport 5MT in the entire SoCal and asking a ridiculous price with the accessories that I dont want(cargo net, mud guard<--is there such thing for fit?) he was even telling me that other dealership lied to me about the car the other dealer has in stock, totally proved him wrong and the other dealer offered me a lower price too. why cant car sales ppl just be nice to the customers(not saying all of them are bad), Ill buy a car from them even they gave me a slight higher price if they treated me as a customer.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by fitinfit
Thanks guys, Ill be looking around more before I make the purchase.
Any recommanded dealer/sales around orange county/inland empire area?
oh ya...don't go to the guy Gustavo at Norm Reeves Honda, he was being a absolute ahole, acting like he has the one and only Blk sport 5MT in the entire SoCal and asking a ridiculous price with the accessories that I dont want(cargo net, mud guard<--is there such thing for fit?) he was even telling me that other dealership lied to me about the car the other dealer has in stock, totally proved him wrong and the other dealer offered me a lower price too. why cant car sales ppl just be nice to the customers(not saying all of them are bad), Ill buy a car from them even they gave me a slight higher price if they treated me as a customer.
No Kidding...I'm amazed that the slimy sales guy still exists in this day and age. Offer me a fair price where no one is being taken advantage of and be professional. That's all I ask.

The 5MT sports are rare, so if you find one you like, you should probably move on it immediately. Chances are it won't be there in 24 hours.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Which Norm Reeves Honda did you go to?
This guy in Cerritos Norm Reeves tried to sell me a black Fit marked up 1500 with only tint, wheel locks & floor mats. This was when they were just released.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitinfit
i got the offer of $17,800 out the door for a White Sport 5MT with no extra accessories, is it a fair price? should i go for lower? thanks guys!
$17,800 OTD is over MSRP. Shoot me a PM

Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
you got a pm