General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
I just bought my Milano Red Sport A/T on Monday. The sticker was $15,790.00 but of course with all their fees,taxes etc. Got a fair price for my 96 Ranger which was pretty beat up. I ended up paying $16,465.00 out of the door. The dealership rocked it because they did not put on the front license plate, or the dealership logo on the back. They did a beautiful job of detailing it no swirls or problems. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and it was very clean. I really wanted the VBP but the dealership got a Lunar Mist M/T base and the MR Sport A/T which were basically bought before they got off the hauler. Lucky for me the people wanting the Sport did not get their loan. My salesman lost my phone number so they parked the car beside the office and I just happen to be going by on Saturday when I saw it. I had already talked with another dealership to see if they had any coming in. I decided to stop just to check it out and another salesman came out and asked if I liked the car - I told him yes but I knew it had been sold - he said no it fell through and that was being in the right place at the right time. I love the red - wanted the VBP but the red is really growing on me big time. First red vehicle and it is sharp. Dealership gave me $30.00 credit to pay for my first year vanity plate because it will advertise the Fit - I have one of only three in my county! People crack me up looking at it trying to figure out what it is. I have to say when they drive up beside me, you can feel the stares and they get behind it and infront of it - I love to talk about the Car - definite Fit Freak here!!!

Cat :X

So did you end up paying the full sticker price (MSRP) or did you get any discount? Did you pay a Dealer Fee?

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Fit Pricing

Break Down: MSRP: $16565.00

Tax,Title,Tax Doc 791.25

Lien,TEMP tag,tax 15.42

Docu. Fee 50.00
Trade In 1000.00

Total: $16,421.67

Took this off my sales ticket. Went through the credit union instead of dealership.

Hope this makes it clearer - I really thought I did pretty well considering the fact that I've seen some folks paying more.

Cat :X

Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
dam everyone has overpayed from wht i keep seeing!

yeah straight up MSRP plus tax and licensing 17,001 not a penny more ill throw in some more details if you need them. of course it was a white with black interior 5spd sport model fit. i was such a happy camper it was not even washed when they called me that it was in (yes they cleaned and all after i purchased it).

i was there for two almost three hours negotiating with them they were stuck on selling it to me for 2000 grand over sticker or three i dont remember. but no dice for them. Its easier when you go in there with a pre-approved loan that way you can negotiate and you dont have to pull a loan through the dealer cuz then they will try to get you with high interest rates.

shit just fly me out there and ill do the talking for you hahaha no seriously.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Which dealership are you looking at? Coggin tried to sell me a Fit for $2,000 over MSRP. Drove 30 minutes north to Holler and got it at MSRP. MSRP seems to be the going rate since they can sell all of the Fits they have without a problem. Holler was great by the way.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member
BTW, I got mine from Holler Honda.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Fit Sports in NW(OR, WA)

Who here has bought a fit in the WA area and what did you pay?

If I buy in CA, will I have to pay taxes there or where I need to license the vehicle (WA)?

If I don't have to pay the double taxes that CA has, can you list the dealership that you dealt with that you bought at(possibly the sellers name as well)? I am sick of trying to deal with these $@%&ers up here. I have been quoted MSRP by a couple of people but not on the car I want and now even the people that quoted MSRP are going 1,000 over it and I will never pay over MSRP for a car.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 AM
$17,900 before adding all the aftermarket junk.
$22,000 with rustproofing, etch-a-sketch security, tint, reverse sensors and some sort of courtesy care package.

TW Sport, 5spd

whee

Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Got my BOM 5sp MT for $17,300 with tax, title, license, etc. I did not get the extra protection package they were offering, with the floor mats and cargo cover, etc. which I seem to recall was around $500!!

Of course, I am still waiting on my baby Not here yet!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 PM
List

$16,565 with the destination charge. No mats, bought those on eBay last week for $15 less than MSRP from College Hills Honda. You can get them direct on their website too, looks like. They came with frigging instructions and hooks and you have to use a carpet knife!!

I remember when you just threw mats on the floor to install them...

Old 05-19-2007, 04:19 AM
JW, send me a PM (by clicking on my user name) and I'll give you some info on my research. I bought mine from Bellevue Honda (never again). I wanted the BOM Sport AT and they were receiving the only one within the time I had to do the deal (meaning I paid over MSRP - 18k w/ mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, bumper applique). I talked to an excellent Internet sales manager from the Dalles, OR. who took the time to find my car, even though he received no benefit. I am aware of a few cars coming into Northern OR., Southern WA.
I was told by Chris (Honda sales in So. Cal.) that you would have to pay CA. sales tax if you intended to drive the car in CA. (i.e. drive home). I think there are some allowances if you can get out of CA. within 1 day or something like that..?
I'm assuming you are getting the 18,19 or 20k quotes from Bellevue, Olympia,etc...
I was quoted 20k from a dealer in Olympia on a USED (900miles) Fit... Many of the others are exceding 18k.(?)
Supply and demand...
In my case, I had a break from my job which affected my ability to do the new car dance.
I hated paying over MSRP, but I didn't want to wait...
I have contacts from 1 dealership in Vancouver, WA. and 2 in Northern OR., and I know they have cars coming in within the next few weeks.
What are you looking for (color, model,.)?
Or... you could wait till summer and maybe more will show up..
Many of the cars coming in are already sold.
Those that are not, sell w/i hours on the lot..

Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Warranty

I paid an extra $1000.00 for the 6 year 80,000 mile warranty. Is it worth it?

Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Kenper
I paid an extra $1000.00 for the 6 year 80,000 mile warranty. Is it worth it?
in 3 years and 44k miles after the factory warranty ends...

do you think you need repairs/parts/labor that will cost more then 1000 bucks??

Old 05-24-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
in 3 years and 44k miles after the factory warranty ends...

do you think you need repairs/parts/labor that will cost more then 1000 bucks??
Well actually, unless it's considered a 'manufacturing defect' and not a 'wear item' (which includes most things that break), it's not covered anyway. Advice to readers is to never get the extended warranty, unless it's a Porsche 996 or something like that.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by leandro82
Well actually, unless it's considered a 'manufacturing defect' and not a 'wear item' (which includes most things that break), it's not covered anyway. Advice to readers is to never get the extended warranty, unless it's a Porsche 996 or something like that.
wear item are brakes and tires, and you are responible for maintaince (oil change, fluids, alignment, etc). want everything covered? go buy a bimmer, and see how much they charge for their warranty.

as far as what is covered, i've gotten warranty on everything from jammed cd changer (i jammed in extra cds by mistake), to broken key hole on the trunk (and i traded trunks with someone).

i have extended warranty on both my cars as well, a mdx and sti.

advice to readers, next time you forgot u already 6 cds loaded, and jams another 1 in there. with warranty, it's free, without, it's 4 hours labor. going rate locally is $115.

remember all the v6 honda back in the late 90s that had transmission problem? with warranty, free, without, 4000-5000 dollars.

next time your kid screws around with the power window and wears out the motor after 5 years, with warranty, free, without, 500 for parts, 3 hours of labor.

is it worth it? u decide. i treat it like car insurance, u hope you wont need it, but be glad when something happens and you have it.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Replacement of high cost parts like drivetrain, suspension parts, etc. aren't included unless they are considered to be manufacturing defects, they are not typically covered by extended warranty. Chances of something going wrong after several years that will be ruled as such, that will cost more than what the extended warranty costs, is not that high.

That is why they CAN offer the extended warranty, Q.E.D.

On the other hand, $1k for 6y/80k isn't that bad. I would probably opt out. Usually it's a couple thousand dollars and the finance manager makes a very high pressure sale pitch for it right as you are closing the deal. They wouldn't do that unless it was a huge money maker for the dealer...

Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 PM
1st post

I was on the way to Carmax in Houston, Tx last night at 8:30 p.m. and the last second I get off the exit to the Honda dealer and just want to take a look at the Fit. I figured they wouldn't have any or would be marked up _stupidly. (Is that a word?) Pull in at 8:30 ask to see a black sport at 10:30 last night drive it home. It just came in, was in the very back corner of lot. Drove it today to work with the plastic wrap still on outside and in, stopped by on way home and they cleaned and detailed. Can't beat that!!! Great car!! Almost bought my 6th Mini a few hours before.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
How low did you pay for Fit Sport?

Sooo...i am thinking of buying a Fit soon, and was wondering what to expect from the sales guys when dealing with the price of a MT Fit Sport. Do they negotiate? (I know Mini dealers do not) do they go below MSRP? If so, how much lower did you pay below MSRP?

The reason i am asking this is because i get an employee discount on new cars. However the dealer i work at is not a Honda dealer but the owner is the same for both dealers (the one i work at and the Honda dealer). So when i go talk to the sales manager at the Honda dealer i will not know for sure if he will give me my full discount. There will be no way for me to know because they will not show me "cost listing" on the car. I was told by my manager it is suppose to be a few hundred over invoice which is a lot lower than MSRP.

So if you guys can tell me how much below MSRP you got your Fit Sport for, it will help me determine if they are being honest or not.

Any info on this will help me greatly.

thanks!

Old 06-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
a few hundred over invoice is like a few hundred off sticker. There isnt much profit in this car.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
a few hundred over invoice is like a few hundred off sticker. There isnt much profit in this car.
I had a feeling that was the case, the lower the MSRP of a car the less money you have to play around with. Hopefully they can cut destination fee's and the like. Im not sure though.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I paid $100 over invoice, plus taxes and fees. Only one dealer in my area would do this, everyone else wanted MSRP, even the dealer who said they'd beat any quote by $100.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?