General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Riceman
Check with your bank first. Get an APR, and use it as ammunition when you talk to finance. The dealership will try to beat it. I have good credit and got 5.9 through USAA, but Honda couldn't beat that. Interest rates have been slowly rising. I financed a car 2 1/2 years ago for 4.5.
I already checked with USAA. They only gave me 6.24. That isn't horribly bad, but I bet I could get one around that with the dealer. What is the max amount of time the dealer will let you finance a car? I am looking at about 72 months, but hoping to pay it all off before then. I'll be putting a downpayment as well.

How did you get your car at MSRP? And how did you get a free tint? That is pretty sweet. I am hoping to swing MSRP, but right now I'm staring at $16595 for the 5AT S. Maybe if I mention they don't have the color I want...lol

Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by getfuzzy77
I already checked with USAA. They only gave me 6.24. That isn't horribly bad, but I bet I could get one around that with the dealer. What is the max amount of time the dealer will let you finance a car? I am looking at about 72 months, but hoping to pay it all off before then. I'll be putting a downpayment as well.

How did you get your car at MSRP? And how did you get a free tint? That is pretty sweet. I am hoping to swing MSRP, but right now I'm staring at $16595 for the 5AT S. Maybe if I mention they don't have the color I want...lol
Luckily, there is several Honda dealerships in the Dallas area. I sent an email to every dealer within 30 miles of me. I asked for their best price. One came back with MSRP. Another then was going to go $100 under that. I finally went with the MSRP and free tint (more for the exterior color than the free tint). I did go to a dealer that put on a clear bra, lojack, etc. for like $2500 extra. It seemed a lot of Honda dealers put $150 worth of add-ons and charge you $900 for some BS package. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Luckily, there is several Honda dealerships in the Dallas area. I sent an email to every dealer within 30 miles of me. I asked for their best price. One came back with MSRP. Another then was going to go $100 under that. I finally went with the MSRP and free tint (more for the exterior color than the free tint). I did go to a dealer that put on a clear bra, lojack, etc. for like $2500 extra. It seemed a lot of Honda dealers put $150 worth of add-ons and charge you $900 for some BS package. Good luck.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I've sent e-mails to about 5 dealers in the area. There aren't that many around the Cincinnati area, but I am searching. 2 of the fits I had my eye on sold already, so now I'm running out of cars and I'm running out of time. Hopefully I can put my bid on a Fit this weekend and drive it home Monday.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:04 PM
i sold my 06 evo 9 to buy a fit i was super excited i love the fit. I owed 20k on my evo sold it for 26. I went to honda the day after i sold and the had a siver sport fit there much to my suprise. But it had the stupid wheel locks, tint, floor mats and alarm it ended up bein almost 1k over the sticker price. I asked the salesman if i could order one w/out the dealer added options he said no, " we wont sell a fit w/out putting these options on as we make hardly anything on these things anyway." So I delt with it and while i knew i'd be raped on the price i sat down to do the paperwork and it ended up coming to like 19K which was horrible. Pretty much i sold my evo in hopes of a cheaper payment and a pickin up somethin really different and the payment ended up bein 15 dollars less then the evo so in conclusion i didnt buy it but i still want one really bad

Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
i sold my 06 evo 9 to buy a fit i was super excited i love the fit. I owed 20k on my evo sold it for 26. I went to honda the day after i sold and the had a siver sport fit there much to my suprise. But it had the stupid wheel locks, tint, floor mats and alarm it ended up bein almost 1k over the sticker price. I asked the salesman if i could order one w/out the dealer added options he said no, " we wont sell a fit w/out putting these options on as we make hardly anything on these things anyway." So I delt with it and while i knew i'd be raped on the price i sat down to do the paperwork and it ended up coming to like 19K which was horrible. Pretty much i sold my evo in hopes of a cheaper payment and a pickin up somethin really different and the payment ended up bein 15 dollars less then the evo so in conclusion i didnt buy it but i still want one really bad
That is crazy. You may have to drive a little more to find a dealership with some brains. Wow, I don't know if I could leave an Evo for a Fit. However, I really am enjoying it so far. I just installed a Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust. I've had my Fit for only four days. I haven't even filled it with gas yet!

David - Dallas, TX (not a Mavs fan though....SPURS all the way!)
07 White/beige Fit Sport manual
91 Nissan NX2000
03 Spice Orange Mazdaspeed Protege.......just sold

Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by evo9tofit?
Wow, that really sucks. I goofed up the price on the car in my original post. Apparently I was offered the BASE 5AT. I definitely want the sport, and all the dealers around here are asking for $16565, which totally blows. If I'm trying to keep my monthly payments under $200, it's not going to happen with a price like that. I guess I'm SOL on the Fit for now...

Last edited by getfuzzy77; 05-05-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Goofed up the price
Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
bought mine the day it came out (april 20th, 2006)...

the dealer got 3 in that day, but noone had heard of it yet (the ad campaign hadn't started yet) so they didn't have a waiting list yet... (this is in chicago, mind you)

since dealers get alotments based on sales and location, they sold me the car (black mt sport) for $14,750... though i still got torn a new one with the sales tax (9.75% in chicago) and financing (it was the first loan i had gotten without a co-signor)

apparently, they sold all three that day, a few months ago i talked to the guy and he told me there is a mile-long waiting list for black MT fit sports and they hadn't been able to get one in since mine... hehe...

Last edited by barelyinaudible; 05-08-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM

A bit on the high side, but that's what they seem to be getting on the West Coast. I'm not thrilled w/ the price but w/ gas prices hitting $3.30-$3-40, and the obvious shortage of cars in my area, you can wait or pay a little extra.
My 18k got me a BOM Sport AT w/ all season mats, cargo tray, rear bumper applique and the cargo cover.
I love the car and look forward to not having to fill up my diesel truck (~$110) as often..
I'm sure the prices paid when they first hit the market last summer were lower, especially w/ the lower gas prices and less buyers in line to buy them.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I am hoping I will be able to get my fit.

Has anyone financed theirs?

I don't know if I can get it financed - this is my first time buying a car through a dealer. I am a college kid, but my credit score is good (791 when I checked my report yesterday). I don't know what type of APR the dealer will offer me, or if he'll even offer to take me up on the Fit. I mean, dealers generally work with their customers to get the sale, and by financing it that means I'll be putting extra $$ in their pockets at the end of the term.

Hmm...
college kids generally dont have 790 scores, espeically first time buyers.

but if you do, you probably be looking at financing in the high 6, low 7 range.

and financing doesnt mean more money for the dealership, that will depend on the buy rate.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
That is crazy. You may have to drive a little more to find a dealership with some brains.
i think if every dealership goes by what you believe is "with some brains", they'd all be out of business by now.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 PM
16,500... with out floor mats... those cheap bitches...
im still workin the the floor mats tho.. i WILL get them.. i get the car sometime next week....

Old 05-10-2007, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Floor mats

I hope you can get the floor mats thrown in, but if not, don't let that keep you from buying the car. I found floormats at one of those chain auto parts stores (AutoZone, or maybe it was Advance) that fit pretty doggone well. They look right and are ribbed for catching rainwater from your shoes. They don't say "Fit" or "Honda" or anything, but they work just as well and they don't slide around.

You're getting a fair deal on a very fun car. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Best to ya,
Joe

Old 05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
For the 1.4CVT(we do not have 1.5v-tec) 17.500 euros = 23.700 USD or 28.500 AUD

Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by xcurt15
16,500... with out floor mats... those cheap bitches...
im still workin the the floor mats tho.. i WILL get them..
If you get the mats, make sure they install the hooks -- my all-weather mats are constantly sliding on me. When I go for my 5000 mile service, I'm going to make sure they put the damn things in.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I am hoping I will be able to get my fit.

Has anyone financed theirs?

I don't know if I can get it financed - this is my first time buying a car through a dealer. I am a college kid, but my credit score is good (791 when I checked my report yesterday). I don't know what type of APR the dealer will offer me, or if he'll even offer to take me up on the Fit. I mean, dealers generally work with their customers to get the sale, and by financing it that means I'll be putting extra $$ in their pockets at the end of the term.

Hmm...
You can always go to a site like Capitalone.com for auto financing. They give you a "blank check" valid up to the maximum they approve you for which you write out to the dealer. You aren't obligated to use ANY of it though, so once you have that set up and they give you a rate, you can use that to haggle with the dealership to beat that rate.

I have excellent credit (never checked my score though) and capitalone gave me a rate .1% lower than the amount listed on their site for the terms I had (72 months, new dealer purchase).

A few other lenders use the "blank check" approach, so you may want to shop around a bit too.

I got my VBP Sport Automatic itself for $100 over invoice at $15,007 but after all the fees and taxes, and the theft insurance I now feel like I was suckered into getting, it was about $18K. The insurance was like $700 and if my car is ever stolen in the next 5 years, I'll get a brand new Fit. I wonder iof I can take that off now, I've only had the car for a little over a month. I put down $500, got a VIN, and was told it would be in in 2 weeks, but I ended up waiting a month or so for it come in from Japan.

No free extras, I didn't know to ask, but I get my first oil change for free, and all state inspections (excluding emissions) for the life of the car. I wish I had asked for floormats, or a cargo cover or a cargo tray, because I want all three! I got cheap floor mats from Pepboys and they fit ok, but they do slide around. But a cargo tray and cover have to be custom for the car to go in properly, so I can't just pick up something at a chain store!

I KNOW my dealer didn't do a PDI, as the mirror brace wasn't installed, and the antenna wasn't even in the car! But there wasn't any separate fee charged for this, unless its supposed to be part of the destination charge.

Last edited by LizardKing; 05-10-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
i think if every dealership goes by what you believe is "with some brains", they'd all be out of business by now.
Hey. I realize that dealerships are in the business to make money, but they don't have to hit a grand slam on everyone. As I stated before, there are some dearlerships that are going to load up on extras and charge you ten times what they are worth. There are other dealerships that would rather make a little money on everyone. Don't get me wrong, if someone is willing to pay way too much for something, I have no problems...supply and demand. However, even buying a "hot" car at MSRP, the dealership is still going to make money. Believe me, I tried to get some floor mats thrown in, but they went with the deal they could live with and still make some money. I'm sure that they didn't give me the car. I think they hit a single at least off of me. Wow, all of these baseball analogies, and I hate baseball.

David

Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
By the way.....you have one of the greatest cars ever made (your STi).

Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
FIT Pricing - Orlando

Hi. I am looking to buy a FIT Sport Automatic (Silver) in Orlando, FL. I have called a couple local dealers and they are telling me there is no discount from MSRP on the FIT. And that I also have to add Dealer Fee ($599) and tax, tag, and title to that price. Should I hold out for a better deal or is this as good as it gets?

Old 05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
That's what happened to me last year in May. MSRP + the cargo cover, then I paid document fee ($600), tax, tag and title. I dont know how much they are going for now. Hopefully someone who has bought one recently will chime in. Good luck!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Fit Pricing

I just bought my Milano Red Sport A/T on Monday. The sticker was $15,790.00 but of course with all their fees,taxes etc. Got a fair price for my 96 Ranger which was pretty beat up. I ended up paying $16,465.00 out of the door. The dealership rocked it because they did not put on the front license plate, or the dealership logo on the back. They did a beautiful job of detailing it no swirls or problems. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb and it was very clean. I really wanted the VBP but the dealership got a Lunar Mist M/T base and the MR Sport A/T which were basically bought before they got off the hauler. Lucky for me the people wanting the Sport did not get their loan. My salesman lost my phone number so they parked the car beside the office and I just happen to be going by on Saturday when I saw it. I had already talked with another dealership to see if they had any coming in. I decided to stop just to check it out and another salesman came out and asked if I liked the car - I told him yes but I knew it had been sold - he said no it fell through and that was being in the right place at the right time. I love the red - wanted the VBP but the red is really growing on me big time. First red vehicle and it is sharp. Dealership gave me $30.00 credit to pay for my first year vanity plate because it will advertise the Fit - I have one of only three in my county! People crack me up looking at it trying to figure out what it is. I have to say when they drive up beside me, you can feel the stares and they get behind it and infront of it - I love to talk about the Car - definite Fit Freak here!!!

Cat :X

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?