General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Steeldog
The taxes WERE the difference, AYWWSD. Maybe it isn't that way where you live, at the Honda dealership. But here, it DOES make a difference in sales tax, where one city or county has a greater taxation rate than another.
it's not where the car is sold, it is where it's registered...

otherwise, we all be buying cars from delaware or oregon and not pay any taxes.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM
NWIndiana all getting sticker price

The question is if you will have to pay more or get one before they put a bunch of crap on it like decals, pin stripes, etc. Harbor told me that I can put as little s $500 down and custom order one. But none of the three dealers in NWIndiana have manuals. They are only ordering 5AT's to get a manual you will have to custom order.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
I'm in HI and my Honda salesman said the best he can do is a grand out the door over MSRP because of the demand of this car in the aloha state. I'm hoping to haggle him down a bit but it looks like i won't be able to because ive seen regular fits sell for 20 grand. Outrageous....i wish i was in the mainland sometimes.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Angry How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?

I just test drove the Fit Sport AT in March the dealership had it stickered at $15,565.00 but when I sit down with the sales man it ended up being $17,100.00. I did not ask him how it got up to that point. I was not ready to buy and did not want to deal with it at that time. I plan on paying off the taxes and tags and am going through my credit union. They did not offer any items on the deal not even a free car mat - LOL! Does this sound right to you?

Cat

Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 PM
MSRP for the Sport AT is actually $15,970, so the sticker price they showed you was a good deal. Still, you have to add on $595 destination, taxes, license fees, dealer doc fees, etc. It all adds up very quickly.

Mine ended up being $17,560.70 including all the taxes and fees, and that was with free floor mats.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:02 PM
My cargo tray was free too. They told me to get the mats I'd have to trade the tray. They left it in there. Whoops. Not my fault.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
My final OTD for a Storm Silver Sport AT was $18,038 (we have a 6% sales tax).

Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by H22a1Prelude
I'm actually working with Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake, IL. They told me that they can get me one as well, and I already have money down with them.

I doubted I would be able to find anything, but figured if I can find a competitive offer, I can get them to lower the price.

~Peace

Brilliance Honda, that's where i got my fit

i didn't know you couldn't haggle for an extra-sweet deal from your own dealership.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrDiff
The question is if you will have to pay more or get one before they put a bunch of crap on it like decals, pin stripes, etc. Harbor told me that I can put as little s $500 down and custom order one. But none of the three dealers in NWIndiana have manuals. They are only ordering 5AT's to get a manual you will have to custom order.
Valpo is not all that far, Last Sunday I stopped in at Elmhurst Honda (Honda on Grand?) and they had 3 manual Fits in stock. 1 base and 2 silver sports.

My dealer further north Gurnee, had a manual being built, no customer name on it, so I put a downer on it!

Honda of Lisle has got like 3-5 manuals due in by mid-late may.

Some dealer managers have their heads up their arses and dont order very many manuals if at all.

Oh and the 3 dealers I mentioned DONT do the add on stripe/wheel lock/decal/paint protection crapola.
I know one dealer who just crapola'ed a car....so it would not sell....so they would have ONE that people could look at LOL, otherwise everyone they get that is not presold sells the day they get it.

Last edited by Tork; 04-20-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
17,400 honda fit sport with auto, taxes,tags,all weather mats,wheel locks,cargo tray and cargo organizer.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Question ordering & price

My local dealer says that they are placing an order tomorrow for a Fit for July delivery. They require $100 down on a price of $15765 + tax/plate fees for a silver manual fit sport. Have you been able to get something in writing at time of order? Any caveats to ordering?

Thanks, David

p.s. i've tried searching the forums but see no direct answers but please point me in a thread direction if there is info there.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM
You should get a reciept for the $100 you put down and you should get the deal you work out with the salesman on paper. At least I did and if I didn't get it in writing I would have walked. But I had everything in writing and had no problems with any of it after I waited 3 months for my Fit.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
When putting the down payment for mine, I got a receipt and it had the terms of the deal. I dealt with the Internet Manager for my Fit and during the wait, I negotiated for extra items like floor mats and whatnot. Each time I would summarize the total deal at the end of the e-mail and request confirmation that we were in agreement. I took the final e-mail with me to the dealership but never had to reference it as everything was as agreed.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the replied. Nuwin, what was your final 'deal?'

Old 04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Ordered today for mid-Summer delivery. SSM Fit Sport 5S for $15170+595+7%tax+plate transfer fee ==> $16,963 ... no extras, no accessories.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 PM
oh my god i love this car. does anyone think i'm being unrealistic in hoping to find a used sport model by the end of the summer for around $10,000?

;]

Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I got MSRP for the car. I was also able to get the dealer to match the College Hills Honda prices for my accessories.

Genuine Honda Accessories, News, and Information from College Hills Honda

All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Cover
Cargo Tray
Rear Bumper Appliqué

I also had my tinting done through the dealership. I got that done for $180 which seemed consistent with other prices discussed throughout this forum.

Last edited by Nuwin; 04-24-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by emhart18
oh my god i love this car. does anyone think i'm being unrealistic in hoping to find a used sport model by the end of the summer for around $10,000?

;]
If it has 50k miles, a smashed bumper, and smells like something died in it, then sure!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Have you heard anything about Honda stopping imports of MT Fits from any dealerships?

I went to a local dealership and they tried to tell me the Fit Sport no longer comes in manual, and that honda stopped importing them quietly. A friend of mine said he heard the same thing from two other Honda dealerships.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
I test drove what could be my Fit today, and an AT Sport with a trunk tray, trunk cover, all weather floor mats, gas cap lock for $19,100.......Why do i feel like i'm gettin the worst deal out of all of you? Please reply for i gotta let the dealer know my decision.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your Fit Sport?