General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
poor economy has put a nice hold on loud civic fart cans in my area so it's not all bad.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Lack of aftermarket parts which is strange since Honda cars such as the Civic seem to create the customizing craze of imports. Blame it on the economy and low volume of Fit's into the USA. That may change with the next generation aiming to sell 200k in the US but that will depend on what percentage is hatchbacks compare to sedans and CUVs.
yah lack of aftermaket parts here, but there are plenty in Japan. too bad we get reamed for shipping.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
I am surprise with the Fit being a world wide car there is not more. But I have had other cars that offer very little in the way of aftermarket parts. Guess my Miata spoil me.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
to say i dislike the seat fabric is an understatement. i work at a veterinary hospital, and even with changing into street clothes after my shift, i still somehow manage to get TONS of pet hair stuck ALL OVER my seats. i also manage to get a static shock a few times a week. gotta be that super clingy, cheap fabric!

i wish i could afford some clazzio covers, but i'll just have to save up. :/

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
That is my Christmas present this year from my wife.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
What do I dislike about my Fit?

Owing money on it.
Seat is bad for my back.
Gas pedal is too touchy, bad for my leg.
Crazy slow, stupid amounts of understeer.

If I could go back in time and do it all over again would I buy a Fit?

No. I'd have bought an RX8, FG2, DC5-S or EP3.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Having a car payment after 10 years... No arm rest (I just read you can buy those?)
It's not my '97 BMW but then again..... my BMW can't get 35mpg. I travel a lot which is why I bought this little roller skate on wheels last month. I'm really loving it!
So... not much in the dislike category.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
The car payment was not too bad at 2.9% my payment was around $200 per month. For owning a new and car that has low depreciation I am happy. My old car a 2006 Corolla S was about the same a few extra items the Fit does not have and I probably could of driven another 4 years. But wanted a hatchback with manual transmission something fun and under $20k.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bukowski
to say i dislike the seat fabric is an understatement. i work at a veterinary hospital, and even with changing into street clothes after my shift, i still somehow manage to get TONS of pet hair stuck ALL OVER my seats. i also manage to get a static shock a few times a week. gotta be that super clingy, cheap fabric!

i wish i could afford some clazzio covers, but i'll just have to save up. :/
Man I get shocked like twice a day! I was wondering if there was some kind of faulty ground/electrical connection in my car.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by T-Fit
Just get some SMD bulbs. Your car interior will be BRIGHT.
Nice. What are SMD bulbs? Are they replacements for the central/dome/roof light? I'd like to get additional light that turn on when I open my trunk and I'd love to have some lights that I could flick on in the front seats if ever I dropped something or had to briefly read something at night.

Another reason I'm afraid of messing with the electrical stuff is that after a while of hooking stuff up to my car battery, I don't want to be draining it quickly giving me battery problems. I am away that LEDs take little to no electricity to operate though...

Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by jrstinkfish
I just noticed this last night. I always took it for granted that gloveboxes had lights in them -- this is the first car I've had that doesn't. It's a small inconvenience now since there's nothing in there, but I can see it getting more annoying as more stuff clutters inside.
same complaint

Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Cool a few things!

On the whole, I think the FIT is a great little car, but there are a few things I'm not thrilled with about it. I have a 2010 base model.

Cruise Control - LACK OF! I drive a ton, and assumed I'd be able to have this added pretty quick after the purchase. I had a totally clueless salesperson who didn't know to tell me otherwise. This is really BAD for me.

That gaping, unprotected grill!! I had a big chunk of metal fly up off the road and go through my condenser in the first couple of MONTHS after I bought the car! Cost me about $900 to get A/C again (I had to - it was the middle of the summer, with a heat wave on the East coast). UGH! Honda's response was "oh well, we're sorry."

No lights in the cabin to ever see what the heck you are doing! I need keep a flash light between the seats.

And lastly, this may seem really minor to some, but I like to keep my car looking nice and clean, inside and out (as much as I can). I have a few dogs, and there are times they must go in the car with me. I put the back seats down so they have lots of room (which they DO!). BUT, that fabric in the back is worse than velcro when it comes to dog hair. You simply CANNOT get it all out of there, no matter what you do. I have vac'd and vac'd and used every imaginable type of tape and sticky roller and hair picker-uper -- that dog hair is there to stay for-ev-er. If anyone has any miracle method to get it out of there, please post a reply!!:

Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Well you went cheap and bought a cheap car. Expect some things to be lacking eg Cruise.

No lights in cabin? You do not have a dome light? You could add map lights at the front. Do a search here.

Really while the grill is large it is no worse than a lot of other cars. Just look at some.

Seat material I have to agree. It is just bad. I have Clazzios on my Sport. No more hair. Then people who feel they must drag their dogs around in the car should have to put up with dog hair, slobbers etc.

Remember you are driving one of the least expensive cars on the market.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Really?

@black3sr ... I came onto this forum looking for information about tires, actually, and replied to this topic on a whim. Knowing that responses may be as rude and sarcastic as yours, I won't post again.

Just because you seem to hate animals, not everyone does, and taking them in the car when they have to go the vet, etc, does not constitute "dragging them around" in the car. Get a life. Better yet, get a CAT - you sound like you need some affection.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member

As far as protection I did the mesh in the lower grille when I swap out my horn. I was also thinking of getting this which is for the 2012-13 Fit Sport.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cjecpa

As far as protection I did the mesh in the lower grille when I swap out my horn. I was also thinking of getting this which is for the 2012-13 Fit Sport.
CJ do share where u found this please

Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
been hoping someone would come out with some grille options on e-bay must be no one thinks there is money in aftermarkets parts for the GE.

I do see you can get the bottom billet grille for the 2012-13. http://www.grilletech.com/8575-honda...rille-kit.html

Chrome and gloss black

Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
awesome thanks

as far as grills, there is no choice but to order the ones from the fit shuttle from japan. i think i'm gonna go risk and confirm the fitment, but i'm still deciding between two models (BLESS vs Mugen)

Old 11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
And not expensive around $80 shipped. I looked at those the shipping was quite high plus the Grille. I am surprised that someone has not at least offer a mesh grille.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
i saw someone on rakuten selling usdm 12 sport grill and selling that it fits jdm fit shuttles. i really dislike the front end, I would eventually probably go with the Bless front end kit or Mugen Kit or Mugen/Bless Grill.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit