General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krunk13
Its an econobox with water based paint.
You seem as though you have nothing better to do than try to bait someone. Have a good day!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
You know Hondas have always had poor paint quality, right?

And it seems like most of the flaws in your paint....are your fault, or at least not Honda's.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I didn't bait anyone. Your paint isn't gonna flake off or anything its just not as durable as other car manufacturers paints. What is more durable is the actual mechanical bits of the car. Sorry Honda couldn't take time out to come up with a better paint formula they were too busy trying to make your car reliable.

Last edited by krunk13; 08-07-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
The only things I really don't like on my GD3 Fit is that after only 55,000 miles the carpet is torn where the dead pedal should be and the driver seat is beginning to tear at the seams along the side. Other than that the Fit is super fun and very easy to work on. Amazing car overall!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I just hate how all the damn raccoons seem to think that my Fit is there new breeding ground. I mean come on, two years in a row there has been a different family living in my car and giving birth to numbers of baby raccoons. My back seat is ruined due to all this animal action and im fed up with it.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by sean5995
I just hate how all the damn raccoons seem to think that my Fit is there new breeding ground. I mean come on, two years in a row there has been a different family living in my car and giving birth to numbers of baby raccoons. My back seat is ruined due to all this animal action and im fed up with it.
Thanks for the eff shack....Love dirty mike and the boys

Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Posted a couple of pages back my first impressions, now that I have had it on a road trip, I can say a couple of things need a solution, lumbar, seat, and position of leg angle to gas pedal. Bought car for it's towability not it's ability to do long road trips, but since it was new and we needed to travel a 2000 miles, I decided to drive it. Excellent space for two with suitcase and cooler and good mileage. Might be my age and previous luxury car, but did find it lacking for my old bones. One other surprising item was sore arms from the constant need of keeping it in it's lane and it's easy steering to change track. It is too close to the ground as proved when we ran over tire pieces from truck, both fog lights popped out of bumper. Pays to have a repair kit, duct tape, wire, quick ties, phillips screwdriver and super glue.
Found it had plenty of power, if you plan your entrance onto freeways, go slow until you have a clear shot then power to max and it is able to hit 60 or 70 by end of ramp. Highest rpm over mountain was 5000 due to cruise control trying to maintain speed by down shifting the automatic transmission. Solution is to take cc off on big inclines.

Last edited by DaveFL; 09-23-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: one more item.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Add a Gerber or other decent quality serrated edge knife to your tool list... I had to cut the remaining parts of the plastic pieces that were still hanging on after an 18 wheeler chunked off tire tread right in front of me in late 2006.. There weren't many Fits in the country then and it took forever to get new pieces.. Total cost of the damage was just over $2,000.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Add a Gerber or other decent quality serrated edge knife to your tool list...
My gerber is always on my hip so I don't even think of it as part of the repair kit

Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Locks done cross off my list:

Things I dislike but have adjusted for on my Fit:

(1) No outside temperature reading
(2) No mute button on radio
(3) No auto headlights

One other thing less GE8 imported less aftermarket parts.

Have to add no change holder. I keep looking at other cars but I also have to keep reminding myself this car cost $17k brand new and has Honda reliability to go along with it. It would be hard to get another car brand new at this price and have everything I want in a car.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Dave, the Progress rear sway bar will help with tracking on the freeway. The tall sides and quick steering increase susceptibility to crosswinds. The rear sway bar helps keep the car level and keeps it going straight. Driving position, I don't have a fix for.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
what i dont like about my '12 GE. the car itself i like. the disrespect i get while driving the car, i do not like.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
I did Eibach springs which help with the highway driving. Next month progress sway bar and Koni rear shocks to see if I can even improve it more.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
what i dont like about my '12 GE. the car itself i like. the disrespect i get while driving the car, i do not like.
Agree people have to make comments about it to me. But, I like it and that is really all that matters.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Amen ^^ the ken and cjec ture that alll day DAM haters

Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
It's not a whole lot more respect you receive on a bicycle.. I got used to it in the eighties driving VW Rabbits in North Dallas(elitist asshole driver capital of the universe).. I was having back problems and got a great deal on an old Lincoln Town Car and was astounded how I could inch forward into an intersection and stop traffic...

Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit was designed as a city car and has very quick steering that makes it hard to adjust to at first if a person previously was driving a larger car... I wanted to cry when I first drove mine on highways and found myself wandering across the center line or into other lanes.. I thought I'd really screwed the pooch when I bought a car I couldn't drive.. I found that by sitting more upright in the seat I wasn't having to reach as far for the wheel and was more relaxed.. Also the Throttle Spring Fix allowed me to rest my foot on the pedal instead of needing to have constant right leg muscle strain.... Swift Springs did the trick in taming the body roll and sway when at high speed and making quick directional changes without the feeling of instability, yet were not in anyway uncomfortable... I have a Progress rear anti sway bar but have yet to install it.. After experiencing understeer followed by snap oversteer I question the need of the bar even though it was too much throttle and power to the front wheels that initiated the situation... I have found the GD3 to be more stable on the highway at 80 to 90 MPH than at lower speeds... I have never experienced problems from wind gust and we have a lot of of them here in the spring...

Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I wanted to cry when I first drove mine on highways and found myself wandering across the center line or into other lanes.. I thought I'd really screwed the pooch when I bought a car I couldn't drive.. .
I had the same experience the first weekend of ownership of my 2012 Sport called my wife in Texas and told her I was getting rid of the car. Since then with the springs I have better control and 9k miles in 3 months. I am doing the RSB and rear Koni shocks next month want a little more improvement. Maybe beefier tires in the future.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Don't go too beefy on the tires, the added rotating mass will hurt in town fuel mileage and acceleration.. It will also expedite brake, clutch, steering component and CV joint wear... If you are pretty easy on the car though you probably be OK with them... I have bigger heavier tires on lighter than stock wheels and they are great once I am moving but I find that I need more of a run to pick up enough speed to pass slower moving cars..It gets a little scary at times on 2 lane highways and farm to market roads.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Up here I will need all season tires was looking at 205/50/16 ExtremeContact DWS I think weigh only 1lb more then the stock 185/55/16. Will probably have to replace the stock wheels within one year of ownership when I have 30k on the car averaging between 20 to 30k a year.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit