General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PinoyBoy
40 miles of freeway driving @ 75 mph, the inside sounds like an airplane taking off.
Speed it up to 85 or 90MPH...Mine quieten down considerably above 80.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM
It doesnt come stock with a K20 and gas milage is so good that sometimes I think the gauge isnt working.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I bought a brand new 2012 Fit in Nashville about a month ago where my son lives.
With less that 200 miles on the car we headed back to Houston and the AC failed.
Fortunately the Houston dealership serviced it and the problem has not come back.

Last week I parked the car in the garage for a couple of days and when I went to
drive it in smelled like dead fish, WTF??

Needless to say I am not overly impressed.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jred
I bought a brand new 2012 Fit in Nashville about a month ago where my son lives.
With less that 200 miles on the car we headed back to Houston and the AC failed.
Fortunately the Houston dealership serviced it and the problem has not come back.

Last week I parked the car in the garage for a couple of days and when I went to

New car smell. The smell of new plastics and glues out gassing.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
New car smell. The smell of new plastics and glues out gassing.
Not even close bro. Smelled like rotting flesh.

AC on recirculate causes mold and horrible smell.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Not even close bro. Smelled like rotting flesh.

AC on recirculate causes mold and horrible smell.
Maybe you have a Freon leak

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM
So try the run your heat trick they suggested. It makes sense.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
I've got a 2011 LX MT, 12000 km on it so far.

Dislikes:

-engine is a little weak, especially when there are several people in the car
-only one light inside with no dash control
-archaic climate control
-no lock on the gas tank
-rear windshield is low enough that I often get blinded by other cars' headlight (even without high beams up)
-some parts of the car feel relatively cheap (makes sense for the price I guess) such as trim, controls, etc
-even light wind is very noticeable
-almost negligible noise insulation (doesn't really both me)
-poor traction with "fast" acceleration (understandable for the car's weight and tire width)
-feels rigid. Not a smooth ride at all
-cup holders too big (lol)

these are all more so annoyances than actual issue. I love this car and haven't regretted buying it even for a second! I love the fuel economy (I usually get ~6.8/100, usually hit 5.6/100 on the highway driving the limit, and stay below 8/100 when in the city, even in stop-and-go, which, in Toronto, I experience almost every time I drive), and the car is super fun to drive, great for moving things and stuff (as well as people) and very easy to drive, maneuver, and handle in general! Great purchase.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome Fluder. We may meet up sometime. I am in Brampton every Fri racing slot cars.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
no engine undertray ... should be standard !

Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Bad smell

Look for a dead something in the evaporator,,mice and other varmints love car interiors.JJ

Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Current things I don't like about my 2010 Fit Sport AT:
  • iPod connectivity is great, but navigating through by artists is unreasonable. You can't quickly scroll to a new letter. So for example if I want to scroll to an artist that begins with the letter 't', I have to scroll through every last artist on my iPod before I arrive at that one. No quick scrolling feature is VERY annoying!
  • Sport mode seems to avoid 5th gear. Am I the only one who notices this? I would just think it should hit 5th when I get on the highway. I find myself driving in Sport until I get on the freeway, then popping it back into regular Drive.
  • Using the sun visors does basically nothing for me. Especially when I turn them to the side.
  • The number of cupholders is great, and perhaps I am just nitpicking here, but I could use a couple of them having a greater diameter. My Arizona iced teas won't fit in my Fit...
  • Another complaint I have is more with my dealer. When we got the car I ordered the rubber floor mats and they didn't fasten them to the floor at all, they just threw them in and left me the hardware. So now my floormats are always all over the place
  • One thing I can't get used to is the rattling in the rear. I am not sure exactly what it is, I guess it has something to do with the rear seats, but it's always banging. Not that bad, but still.
  • Wiper speed - not very good... I am used to my old Mistubishi where it was very adjustable. In the Fit there are not enough speeds to choose from, so I find myself with the wipers off, and hitting the stalk upward to clear the windshield at my own discretion.
  • My wife's coworker mistakes the Fit for a Prius. I hate The Prius, so this is a downside. Thought it could be credited to this persons ignorance.

All this said, I would gladly take another Fit over a lot of what else is out there. I have many more complaints about other cars. And most notably? None of the competition to the Fit have any spunk... no soul, no spark, no personality. I don't treat my car as an appliance... it deserves better than that.

I have noticed some people recommending we should have purchased a Mazda 3 instead. I don't know if they realize, the Mazda 3 is a different class of vehicle. Shouldn't the price tag on the Mazda 3 be a dead giveaway?

Also noticing people complaining about lack of power. This car has 93hp:ton, I find it really adequate driving around, and about average with everything else in it's class.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't think I posted this before, but after reading through the comments here, I have to agree with:

THE A PILLARS are too big and poorly placed like quite a few have pointed out already. If I have to move my head to see around them, that's a problem. I've almost hit pedestrians in parking lots because of them. I constantly sit forward in busy areas now to avoid this.

Also agree with the useless sun visors.

Having said that, I still love the car.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
vague clutch, floppy pedals

Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fenixfire077
Sport mode seems to avoid 5th gear. Am I the only one who notices this? I would just think it should hit 5th when I get on the highway. I find myself driving in Sport until I get on the freeway, then popping it back into regular Drive.
I have MT so I might just be speaking out my butt, but since the peak HP is around 6600 RPM (just shy of red line) it would make sense that the Sport mode would hold on to a gear as long as possible. I havent really paid attention too much, but I would guess that the top end of 4th is well over freeway speed

I know thats how I shift in "sport mode"

Old 04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
i dont like the 5spd gear ratio, it would be fine if i had a sixth gear to shift into
dont like the fact it only has one 12v plug
no xm radio
thats about it other than that i love my lil baby fit

Old 04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
My list of dislikes for my 09 fit sport.

1)Seat material horrible to clean, builds up static charge as you leave the car and it's just ugly.

Solution - Clazzio seat covers, purchased them in black PVC and they give not only a much better feel comfort wise but no static charge and much more appealing to the eyes.
The same fabric was used on the door panels which was replaced with Recaro style fabric in black matching the seat covers and adding a much nicer look to the car.

2)Stock stereo is just terrible, I am an audio nut so this was a given no matter what.

Solution - Replaced the entire audio system with components of my choice.

3)Road noise - The 07-11 fits are known for road noise and lack of sound deadening.

Solution - Sound deadened the entire car for a much quieter ride.

4)Stock tires - horrible no matter if you got bridgestones or dunlops, hard tires very loud ride and you can feel a gnats butt if you run over it.

Solution - Replaced with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/50/16, much quieter ride, much softer ride and the car handles 100 times better.

Overall I love my fit, these few things are my dislikes that I have already corrected.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 PM
5or 6 speed

Originally Posted by rvd9431
i dont like the 5spd gear ratio, it would be fine if i had a sixth gear to shift into
dont like the fact it only has one 12v plug
no xm radio
thats about it other than that i love my lil baby fit
Well, look at it this way,1rst to 4rth are pretty close,good for sport driving,then fifth is like a 1:1 ex. 3000rpm = 60 mph multiply by two ,you have another speedometer,and for the money ,having fairly close ratios up to fourth speed ,,that is a bonus, just my opinion. JJ

Last edited by jjsifo; 04-29-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Problem ,Solution

Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
My list of dislikes for my 09 fit sport.

1)Seat material horrible to clean, builds up static charge as you leave the car and it's just ugly.

Solution - Clazzio seat covers, purchased them in black PVC and they give not only a much better feel comfort wise but no static charge and much more appealing to the eyes.
The same fabric was used on the door panels which was replaced with Recaro style fabric in black matching the seat covers and adding a much nicer look to the car.

2)Stock stereo is just terrible, I am an audio nut so this was a given no matter what.

Solution - Replaced the entire audio system with components of my choice.

3)Road noise - The 07-11 fits are known for road noise and lack of sound deadening.

Solution - Sound deadened the entire car for a much quieter ride.

4)Stock tires - horrible no matter if you got bridgestones or dunlops, hard tires very loud ride and you can feel a gnats butt if you run over it.

Solution - Replaced with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/50/16, much quieter ride, much softer ride and the car handles 100 times better.

Overall I love my fit, these few things are my dislikes that I have already corrected.
Good call, for every problem ,a solution, no whimping, that's good.I understand the radio part very well,and also replaced tires with 205/55/16,they did not have the 50,The best but still cheap Pep Boys had to offer,Hankook Concept V2,surpricingly good for the price,but the road hazard insurance they offer is the best,specially with all the potholes down here. JJ

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit